hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know Novak did that and it's disappointing. Presumably all the other players are aware of this behaviour.
    I would have thought so.

As I said, he's been doing it during matches pretty much ever since he started playing professionally.

He doesn't always call injury timeouts. Sometimes it will just be little things like shaking his leg or doing some stretches which makes it look like he's struggling with a niggle somewhere and then a few minutes later, he's back making shots that you wouldn't believe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quite surprised to read that Murray's admitting that he was affected by Djokovic's injuries and stumbles during the match today.

It's a bit of a concern as well to be honest as you must not be focused enough on your own job if you're worrying about your opponent and what he's doing.

He needs to try and get a hold of that side of his mind, if he's going to beat guys like Djokovic and win Grand Slams again.

I see the experts aren't being too kind to him as well with John Lloyd and Pat Cash sticking the boot in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/31082925

It's to be expected. Losing 12 out of a possible 13 games is horrendous at any level of the sport, particularly when you've got momentum at the time as well.

@hibs.net private member
    You wonder how Lloyd can claim to be an expert on the mental side in slam finals? How many did he make and win?

Same for Cash to a degree - did he win more than 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You wonder how Lloyd can claim to be an expert on the mental side in slam finals? How many did he make and win?

Same for Cash to a degree - did he win more than 1?
    Lloyd got to one Grand Slam final, which was the Australian Open in 1977.

Cash only won one Grand Slam (Wimbledon 1987) and got to two Australian Open finals in 1987 and 1988.

I agree with your comment, Murray has more talent in his little finger than either of them put together. However, I think they're right on this occasion.

Murray needs to regroup and start focusing a lot more instead of having these periods where he's constantly shouting, swearing and gesturing up at his team. It's something which was largely unheard of during his partnership with Lendl and it's disappointing to see its reappearance today.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Lloyd got to one Grand Slam final, which was the Australian Open in 1977.

Cash only won one Grand Slam (Wimbledon 1987) and got to two Australian Open finals in 1987 and 1988.

I agree with your comment, Murray has more talent in his little finger than either of them put together. However, I think they're right on this occasion.

Murray needs to regroup and start focusing a lot more instead of having these periods where he's constantly shouting, swearing and gesturing up at his team. It's something which was largely unheard of during his partnership with Lendl and it's disappointing to see its reappearance today.
    Yeah it doesn't seem to do him any favours.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I wonder if he watches the games back? If he does he should be embarrassed by what he's watching he completely imploded and it seems the problem is in his head.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I wonder if he watches the games back? If he does he should be embarrassed by what he's watching he completely imploded and it seems the problem is in his head.
    I would hope that Mauresmo and the rest of the team will give him this feedback over the next couple of days. He needs to try and get this out of his system.

He managed it before, whilst he was with Lendl, so he's capable of doing it. I just hope he is able to get it together again because his game will suffer if he doesn't.