hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hibernian FC Share Offer - Discussion Thread

This thread is for the discussion of the share offer. Please read the Important Info thread here…

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...nt-Information

As you can see, individuals are not allowed to give any advice or say anything that can be construed as giving advice.
    Last edited by Mikey; 13-01-2015 at 02:24 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The information sent out today is for existing shareholders only. Presumably there will be a follow up shortly for anyone else who wants to buy shares.

Well I'm in. Hopefully there's either a low entry level or a monthly payment scheme. Find out when the old man gets the info.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    I would like to get involved in this but like others hopefull of some sort of monthly contribution offer/ low entry as it's not affordable just now....especially with Mrs jack after 2 holidays...she just doesn't get it

Has anyone received the details yet? 😊
    Cougars!!!

Let's try and keep it on topic for a wee while folks. It is quite important to us all

A wee reminder of what was said when it was announced.....

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/5060

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30624431

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone received the details yet? 
    No ,but the postman hasn't been yet .

A wee reminder of what was said at the recent Q&A.........

First things first, LD was unable to answer all of the questions posed because of certain restrictions. Many of the issues raised will be presented to the shareholders at the AGM so we won’t get those answers until 28th January. Another restriction was caused by new financial rules introduced on 1st October to protect share buyers. These rules were brought in to help regulate “crowdfunding”, however instances like ours have fallen between the cracks and the club has to be very careful. As an example, the club isn’t allowed to recommend that supporters buy shares, they can only word it in such a way as to offer supporters “the chance to get involved”. It might sound the same but in legal terms it’s completely different!
    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...nd-Share-Offer

During the yams share offering and FoH fund raising kickback was full of people urging fellow fans to part with their cash.
    Puts us at a bit of a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I would like to get involved in this but like others hopefull of some sort of monthly contribution offer/ low entry as it's not affordable just now....especially with Mrs jack after 2 holidays...she just doesn't get it
    I would think that we'll just get the bare bones today such as price, minimum purchase, etc. Any bells and whistles are likely to follow later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    During the yams share offering and FoH fund raising kickback was full of people urging fellow fans to part with their cash.
    Puts us at a bit of a disadvantage.
    A prime example of why the new legislation was brought in!

Are people allowed to post the reasons that they are buying share?
    Can I say that I'm buying a small amount of shares in Hibs because I love the club and that I understand that the value of these shares is likely to drop close to zero in the future but I'm delighted to be doing so as I wish to have a say in how my club is run and I'm delighted the money is going to fund our future sporting ambitions?

Can I say that I'm buying a small amount of shares in Hibs because I love the club and that I understand that the value of these shares is likely to drop close to zero in the future but I'm delighted to be doing so as I wish to have a say in how my club is run and I'm delighted the money is going to fund our future sporting ambitions?
    I think so.

Maybe

Me too

First Team Breakthrough Scònaldò's Avatar
    This is a real share issue right? Not a fake hearts one?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Grrrr, heard the post drop through the letter box, off like a greyhound out the traps only to get a holiday brochure. Guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow now.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Is there any worthwhile contribution that Posters CAN make to this discussion without falling foul of the quoted rules and regulations?

It just seems that this is a pointless thread, under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Is there any worthwhile contribution that Posters CAN make to this discussion without falling foul of the quoted rules and regulations?

It just seems that this is a pointless thread, under the circumstances.

That's what I thought as well.

Everyone will have to caveat practically every post and chuck in a few "allegedly's" in there to avoid getting a rap on their door from the FSA at 3am.

If people are unduly influenced by what people post on an anonymous internet forum, they want their heids looking at *

*I would like to state that this is entirely a personal opinion and does not reflect upon the official opinion or standpoint of Mikey, hibs.net or any subsidiary/affiliated companies.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    This thread is for the discussion of the share offer. Please read the Important Info thread here…

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...nt-Information

As you can see, individuals are not allowed to give any advice or say anything that can be construed as giving advice.
    Just to back Mikey up I posted this on the pm board.

New regulations came into effect in October/November time. Basically they were to protect folk from buying shares in unlisted companies without being aware of the risks or taking financial advice.

FCA are very big on how much a person can afford to lose. £250 may not sound much to a lot of people but if you are pensioner on £160 per week it is a hell of a lot. Sometimes people need protected from themselves.

It will make it much more difficult for Hibs to promote the shares and it is unlikely they will all be bought by existing shareholders.

It is a criminal offence to make recommendations if you are not authorised to do so therefore NEVER EVER TELL ANYONE THEY SHOULD BUY SHARES IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORISED.

The bottom line is that this will be an emotional investment and you have to be prepared to lose all your money.

@hibs.net private member
    In the above case there should be no problem.

If however you had added " and I think anyone else who feels like that should buy shares as well". you could be getting too close to the mark and a Jambo would report you to the FCA.

It is that tight and nothing that could be interpreted as a recommendation should be said.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

New regulations came into effect in October/November time. Basically they were to protect folk from buying shares in unlisted companies without being aware of the risks or taking financial advice.

FCA are very big on how much a person can afford to lose. £250 may not sound much to a lot of people but if you are pensioner on £160 per week it is a hell of a lot. Sometimes people need protected from themselves.

It will make it much more difficult for Hibs to promote the shares and it is unlikely they will all be bought by existing shareholders.

It is a criminal offence to make recommendations if you are not authorised to do so therefore NEVER EVER TELL ANYONE THEY SHOULD BUY SHARES IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORISED.

The bottom line is that this will be an emotional investment and you have to be prepared to lose all your money.
    Let's not get too excited. The FCA are unlikely to be the least bit interested in this. Most of the discussions here will also be around the obvious fact that this is not an investment decision but an emotional one based in support of a football team.

As Hibs have said, it's a good chance to get involved in Hibs with money going to the club.

I am not saying that you should or should not buy shares when they become available (ahibby disclaimer 2015). I will buy what I can afford to buy knowing that the money raised will go to the club and not to existing shareholders, and that in the future the same might or might not happen again. I suppose that would mean if future shares become available in addition to those being made available now, then my share might or might not be watered down and I might or might not see any money from it in future.

Did any shareholders get the accounts and share offer info today? I got nothing here.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Grrrr, heard the post drop through the letter box, off like a greyhound out the traps only to get a holiday brochure. Guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow now.

Pass the brochure onto Matty_Jack04.... His Mrs will be interested in it!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post

I hate all this namby-pamby rubbish. If you are over 18 do with your own cash what the hell you like, just as long as it's legal.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I hate all this namby-pamby rubbish. If you are over 18 do with your own cash what the hell you like, just as long as it's legal.
    Or even illegal, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Surely this has been taken just a bit too literally, football supporters on a fans forum talking about the share issue is hardly the practice the law was aimed at. Fair play to Mikey for ensuring .net does not fall foul but all seems a bit OTT to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Did any shareholders get the accounts and share offer info today? I got nothing here.
    Nope didn't even get any post just a charity bag to fill

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Surely this has been taken just a bit too literally, football supporters on a fans forum talking about the share issue is hardly the practice the law was aimed at. Fair play to Mikey for ensuring .net does not fall foul but all seems a bit OTT to me.
    Spot on.