hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Craig

Liam Craig

Have to say, after a great performance in the Zombies match, our captain has IMO reverted to type in the last 2 matches and for me he is just not captain material. Personally would have dropped him for Dylan yesterday.
    Also he never acknowledges the fans at FT unless we win, credit to Fontaine and Robbo who were i think the only 2 who did yesterday.
    Disappointed as I thought after Gers game, LC would kick on but he was poor in derby and pretty woeful yesterday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have to say, after a great performance in the Zombies match, our captain has IMO reverted to type in the last 2 matches and for me he is just not captain material. Personally would have dropped him for Dylan yesterday.
    Also he never acknowledges the fans at FT unless we win, credit to Fontaine and Robbo who were i think the only 2 who did yesterday.
    Disappointed as I thought after Gers game, LC would kick on but he was poor in derby and pretty woeful yesterday.
    Harsh, one swallow doesn't make a summer. We had a number of players of the boil yesterday, keeper, defence, Allan, Robo so to start a thread to single out Craig is wrong IMO.
    Last edited by SMAXXA; 11-01-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Craig was not poor in the Derby at all.

Thought we played well and contributed to us dominating the majority of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Harsh, one swallow doesn't make a summer. We had a number of players of the boil yesterday, keeper, defence, Allan, Robo so to start a thread opens single out Craig is wrong IMO.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    He's just an easy target for some of our support. He was not aware near the worst player for us yesterday

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    He's just an easy target for some of our support. He was not aware near the worst player for us yesterday

Craig has been decent most of the season and he was alright yesterday, strange thread, any excuse to bash the guy it seems.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Totally agree. Craig put in a soft roll yesterday and tried to get things going.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Totally agree. Craig put in a soft roll yesterday and tried to get things going.
    a soft what?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    a soft what?
    : kebab.

Meant 'shift' but it appears auto-correct had other ideas!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    He is a very poor footballer, sooner he is moved on the better.

Craig is a waste of space, spends most his time and energy chasing after the referees.

Not the worst yesterday but he did start reverting back to his pointing and shouting game again, at times I just want to see him lead from the front instead of being a moaner on the park, he wasn't one that lost us the points.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Craig was certainly not the only one to have a day yesterday so why single him out.

@hibs.net private member
    Just said on another thread that he has improved his performance of late but definitely isn't captain material

Thought he was okay yesterday other than pathetic clearance that hit off Hanlon and went into our own net

Would like to see him at tip of diamond with Allan and McGeough the middle two

Im npt singling him out at all so unsure why people are stating I am?? However he is our captain and IMO not performing nearly enough on a consistent basis. There were a few who let us down yesterday I agree but as Captain I dont think he takes enough responsibility on the park. ..the opposite in fact he hides. Think about when it went to 3 3 yesterday...the finger pointing and moaning at ref starts rather than cajoling and inspiring his team mates. Again I am not picking on him or singling him out for losing 2pts yesterday but the Rangers match apart...i dont think he does anywhere near enough for the team

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He wasn't rubbish in the derby at all. Thoroughly deserved to keep his place.

Harsh, one swallow doesn't make a summer. We had a number of players of the boil yesterday, keeper, defence, Allan, Robo so to start a thread to single out Craig is wrong IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Liam Craig should have been binned with the rest of slackers who got us relegated.
    Captain Don't make laugh

Im npt singling him out at all so unsure why people are stating I am?? However he is our captain and IMO not performing nearly enough on a consistent basis. There were a few who let us down yesterday I agree but as Captain I dont think he takes enough responsibility on the park. ..the opposite in fact he hides. Think about when it went to 3 3 yesterday...the finger pointing and moaning at ref starts rather than cajoling and inspiring his team mates. Again I am not picking on him or singling him out for losing 2pts yesterday but the Rangers match apart...i dont think he does anywhere near enough for the team
    I don't get the finger pointing and talking to the ref stuff, he does it all the time so not just like he does it when we are getting beat. Look at the rangers and hearts games for example, he's constantly in the refs ear and rightly so most if the time. As long as it doesn't distract him from his game and I don't think it does, it's just his way, footballs always had moaners and players like this, Barry Ferguson made a career out of it. Also it's part if being a captain aswell that he's the one that talks to the ref and jot half your team.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I thought he was part of a midfield that controlled the first hour comfortably. Actually thought him and Robertson were good first half.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I don't get the finger pointing and talking to the ref stuff, he does it all the time so not just like he does it when we are getting beat. Look at the rangers and hearts games for example, he's constantly in the refs ear and rightly so most if the time. As long as it doesn't distract him from his game and I don't think it does, it's just his way, footballs always had moaners and players like this, Barry Ferguson made a career out of it. Also it's part if being a captain aswell that he's the one that talks to the ref and jot half your team.

Our Captains always seem to get it tight for some bizarre reason or another.

Rob Jones used to get accused of being the Wandering Jew of Jerusalem, allegedly out of position constantly, tearing about the pitch up at the left wing like a deranged giraffe (and 3 Hibs managers let get him get away with his perceived desire to roam).

So when Hogg replaced him as Captain people should have been happy, but apparently his hair was too fluffy and resembled that of a child's teddy bear making him a poor choice to have the job of inspiring his team mates.

Then McPake came along but apparently he was too inspiring to be a Captain and we needed someone with less fire in his belly.

Now there is no point in Liam Craig being Captain because he points.

30 minutes from our midfield yesterday and then they faded when falkirk pushed us higher up the spark and the space wasn't there.
    LC was not the worst in a poorer showing than what we have been used to and I do agree that when we don't have lots of possession and need to work for it he almost completely disappears ...instead rolling the sleeves up getting people to work and keep shape he starts moaning at refs and loosing concentration ..doesn't lead the team .

@hibs.net private member
    some folk have got a bee in their bonnet an won't change their mind - ever.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of these comments are ridiculous.

The reason people are saying that you're singling Craig out is because you are.Read your post again to check.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

Our Captains always seem to get it tight for some bizarre reason or another.

Rob Jones used to get accused of being the Wandering Jew of Jerusalem, allegedly out of position constantly, tearing about the pitch up at the left wing like a deranged giraffe (and 3 Hibs managers let get him get away with his perceived desire to roam).

So when Hogg replaced him as Captain people should have been happy, but apparently his hair was too fluffy and resembled that of a child's teddy bear making him a poor choice to have the job of inspiring his team mates.

Then McPake came along but apparently he was too inspiring to be a Captain and we needed someone with less fire in his belly.

Now there is no point in Liam Craig being Captain because he points.
    Agree it's what yam trolls do.

Craig was fine yesterday and played well in the derby.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some of these comments are ridiculous.
    Liam Craig. Captain of Hibernian fc. Now that's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    Liam Craig. Captain of Hibernian fc. Now that's ridiculous
    I wonder if you would say that to Alan Stubbs? To his face.

There seems to be an agenda against Liam Craig (with some), and it doesn't really matter whether he plays well or badly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    I wonder if you would say that to Alan Stubbs? To his face.

There seems to be an agenda against Liam Craig (with some), and it doesn't really matter whether he plays well or badly.
    Yes I would. What a strange question.

liam Craig does not act like a captain , lead like one or play like one. A hibs captain should be someone to look up to. Someone you can count on. I expect him to at least look proud to manage such a great club.in times of need he has gone missing.
    its not an agenda, it's an observation and if you opened your eyes you would see the guy more times than not plays very poor.