hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Boyle

Left by mutual consent!

Boyle

Opinions on how he playd yesterday?

Definitely has pace was nearly a great debut - got a good assist, and should have scored, but missed a sitter.

Early signs look good though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    I was very impressed. Still can't believe THAT sitter he missed to make it 4-1 though. I started celebrating the moment he went round McDonald, couldn't believe he hit it wide.

Has great pace and movement though. As said, easily signs are very good!

Looks like Sproule to me.

There will be some excellent stuff (run and cross for the goal) and some bad stuff (the miss).

Good addition to the squad but won't be a first XI player when everyone is available IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Great pace and a good touch. But very much an impact player. Did more in 1 game than Harris has done all season

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great pace and a good touch. But very much an impact player. Did more in 1 game than Harris has done all season
    I am sure Dundee fans are saying the same about Harris!

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    I thought Boyle was superb today.

He's rapid and was a constant threat. His cross for Cummings third was spot on.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    He brings valuable pace to the team, which was key in the third goal and getting round the keeper for his miss. He also works hard for the team and is willing to get stuck in. He evidently needs to work on his finishing, but I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    Looks like Sproule to me.

There will be some excellent stuff (run and cross for the goal) and some bad stuff (the miss).

Good addition to the squad but won't be a first XI player when everyone is available IMO.
    That's how I saw it. He can definitely have an impact for us. But with everyone available I can see it being from the bench.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    An important player to have for his pace based on Yesterdays performance. Happy if thats coming off the bench second half to scare tired opposition defenders.

Some players can be useful as an impact sub others not so - Handling coming off the bench when chasing a goal just doesnt work.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He looked decent and certainly gives us something different. His miss however was Rosenthalesque🙈

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He looked decent and certainly gives us something different. His miss however was Rosenthalesque
    Bit Harsh there - Boyle was outside the box was he not ( or at least close to thee edge) when he hit it and from a slight angle!

More like Didier Agathe's v Hearts in the Year 2000 maybe??

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    He reminded me of Ivan.

Same sort of running style, maybe not as quick tho.

I thot he has a very impressive home debut, worked hard and his cross for Cummings was perfect!

Will be a good signing

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Bit Harsh there - Boyle was outside the box was he not ( or at least close to thee edge) when he hit it and from a slight angle!

More like Didier Agathe's v Hearts in the Year 2000 maybe??
    He was fully balanced, under no pressure, on his good foot with the simple task of of rolling the ball into the net from a very slight angle. Agathe was off balance and tried to use his right foot when he should have used his left. More Rosenthal for me

I also thought he was superb, the main positive from yesterday. It was good to have some genuine pace and his movement caused their back 4 problems the whole time he was on the park.

His miss was a howler, even worse was the one where Scott Allan seemed to catch up with him and tackle him when he was through on the keeper.

Obviously he's a bit raw. Very much from the Ivan Sproule/ Eoin Doyle mould. I'd back our current management team to bring him on as a player though.

Thought he had a good game yesterday apart from his sitter, looks like a guy who doesn't hide and es rd to affect the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    apparently Harris had a blinder for Dundee!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He was fully balanced, under no pressure, on his good foot with the simple task of of rolling the ball into the net from a very slight angle. Agathe was off balance and tried to use his right foot when he should have used his left. More Rosenthal for me
    I think Boyle had more time than he thought. He tried to do it all in 3 touches when he could've taken an extra one to compose himself. Looks like a handy player and he's still young.

I think if we'd won yesterday more folk would be praising his performance. Thought he was exciting to watch in full flow.