hibs.net Messageboard

Taking a chance...

Dundee Utd signing another promising player from the lower leagues in Simon Murray from Arbroath. I never understand why other Scottish clubs don't do this on a more regular basis as Utd have shown in the past that all these lads need, sometimes, is a wee chance. I never get the "Underwhelmed" comments from supporters of all clubs when they make these signings. Well done Utd for giving the boy a chance. It's lads like him, Andrew Robertson etc who appreciate the opportunity, and make the most of it. Good luck to him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agreed wholeheartedly, some of the very best players the game has ever seen have started to ply their trade at very small teams and have been given the chance to shine on the big stage, there's far too much risk aversion involved in todays' game. On the flip side, I was desperate for us to sign Kenny Deuchar when he was banging them in at Gretna, and Jose Quitongo when he was at Hamilton!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TamHibs PSN ID: tamhibs22
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed wholeheartedly, some of the very best players the game has ever seen have started to ply their trade at very small teams and have been given the chance to shine on the big stage, there's far too much risk aversion involved in todays' game. On the flip side, I was desperate for us to sign Kenny Deuchar when he was banging them in at Gretna, and Jose Quitongo when he was at Hamilton!
    I wanted us to sign Fabian Yantorno......