hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Scotland

@hibs.net private member

Jason Scotland

Notice he has been freed by Hamilton. Could he do a job for us whilst Malonga is away and Farid unfit?

Obviously not a long term solution.

2. Log in to remove the advert

No thanks, hates us, we hate him.

And he's rank rotten.

why would he hate us ? why do WE hate him ?.
    imo he's just another footballer doing what he's paid to do - play football.

@hibs.net private member
    Really just wondered if he would be good cover whilst we are short and by all accounts a model pro.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He hates us due to Hibs connections on the panel who refused him a work permit.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Look back to when he was refused A permit. Think it was an all Hibs related panel that refused it.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Nah,no thanks,no got a good word to say about Hibs,after accusing us of vetoing him

Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...hibs-1-3416434

nothing to do with hibs then,Im sure if we were the only team to offer him a wage then he'd soon deny saying he hated us

I've never really understood this nonsense.

A bunch of ex pros who had formerly had connections to Hibs correctly refused him a work permit because he didn't meet the criteria. As a club we do not and never have had anything personal against Scotland or Dundee Utd.

I wonder if Utd would have the talented squad filled with good, young Scottish players that they have now if they had been able to fill their squad with bit-part foreign players who didn't meet work-permit requirements?

"Hate" shouldn't come into it from either party. He's a professional player, we're a professional club. If he's good enough he should be in. Whether he's good enough should be the only debate. I don't think he is, but would give him a chance if someone gave him an opportunity.

Wouldn't take him. He's a fanny.

The only thing I know about Jason scotland was he was in that irn bru advert. And he scored against us last season :(. And in the cup semi at tynecastle. But that's it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I've never really understood this nonsense.

A bunch of ex pros who had formerly had connections to Hibs correctly refused him a work permit because he didn't meet the criteria. As a club we do not and never have had anything personal against Scotland or Dundee Utd.

I wonder if Utd would have the talented squad filled with good, young Scottish players that they have now if they had been able to fill their squad with bit-part foreign players who didn't meet work-permit requirements?

"Hate" shouldn't come into it from either party. He's a professional player, we're a professional club. If he's good enough he should be in. Whether he's good enough should be the only debate. I don't think he is, but would give him a chance if someone gave him an opportunity.
    This is all very logical common sense but fails to take into account the very real fact that the guy himself, in plain English, says he still bears a grudge against Hibs............. unemployable by us to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This is all very logical common sense but fails to take into account the very real fact that the guy himself, in plain English, says he still bears a grudge against Hibs............. unemployable by us to say the least.
    He's currently unemployed and in his mid thirties. More fool him if he thinks petty grudges will get him anywhere.

He said a few stupid things in the paper around the time of a big game - then talked even louder on the park, where it really matters.

There have been far more unpalatable moves in the past than Scotland. Could anyone really have imagined Michael Stewart being a wholehearted Hibs player before he joined us?

He's a pro, might have to eat a few words but this type of stuff shouldn't dictate who we do and don't sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    The only thing I know about Jason scotland was he was in that irn bru advert. And he scored against us last season :(. And in the cup semi at tynecastle. But that's it!
    The semi was at Hampden.

Edit - I see you mean the League Cup semi in 2007. The semi they're referring to was at Hampden in the Scottish Cup.
    Last edited by tamig; 04-01-2015 at 12:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    He's bad mouthed us at Dundee Utd, St.Johnstone and Hamilton so a far as I am concerned he can f*** right off.

I would rather we brought Rowan Vine back than have that nasty man playing for us.

I would sooner have ten men and a forklift truck carry Nade onto our pitch than have Jason Scotland anywhere near it.

Can still mind him celebrating in front of the Hibs fans after the play-offs.

You've just been promoted to the top tier and you're letting stupid grudges get in the way if you celebrating with your own fans. Complete tool

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    He's bad mouthed us at Dundee Utd, St.Johnstone and Hamilton so a far as I am concerned he can f*** right off.

I would rather we brought Rowan Vine back than have that nasty man playing for us.
    Come on J, off the fence
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Wouldnt have him on a gold platter. Over-rated, over-weight, over the hill..so NO!"

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    So I take it that`ll be a no then.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    He is like Kuqi on a motorbike. A motorbike that is, that has two sidecars. One with Nade in it, and the other with Preston in it, with wee Robbo on his knee.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Real backwards step would be a kuqiesque style signing. Not good enough,not for us

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Just me that would love to play Accies right now??

Not good enough.

did anyone see his glee at us going down? He's not for us imo.He's not good enough for us now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    did anyone see his glee at us going down? He's not for us imo.He's not good enough for us now anyway.
    OK seriously? Do you not think his glee may have have been based on them going up and him scoring? I don't want him either but honestly.....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    OK seriously? Do you not think his glee may have have been based on them going up and him scoring? I don't want him either but honestly.....
    It seemed to be directed at us in the famous 5 stand rather than towards his own team mates and fans?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    So why did he feel the need to celebrate in front of us then?

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I was in the FF and I thought maybe the fans in the east stand sang the Nade song but replaced Nade's name with Scotland.

I could be wrong of course.