hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

When all is said and done.......

We are a far better football team than them.

The months of planning they had ahead of us has got them where they are. Levein and co. were there from March onwards. Alan Stubbs had about 4-6 weeks.

The fact they made two subs at the death tells you a story. The fact they had two blips at the back before ten minutes had been played tells you as well. They feared us and they feared us big style.

Great time to be a Hibby. Credit to Dempster, Stubbs and co.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Couldn't agree more. All things considered (the last 8 yrs) I'm a very happy hibbee today.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    When all is said and done, they're still unbeaten. They're average and we could have done more today but didn't.

Hearts went into the season miles and I mean miles ahead of us in terms of fitness and preparation. Because we stalled on sacking Butcher it meant the first 10 games were a write off really.

Stubbs said himself we were about 8 months behind fitness wise. We only have ourselves to blame for the position we are in but we can now do something about it by winning nearly all the games left. Which by the way we should be doing no more excuses.

We'll go up in the play offs.

Disappointed not to beat them today as we had them on the ropes but didn't strike the finishing blow. Cummings missed chance just after he scored was massive.

Hearts fans seem angry they played for a draw and very unhappy with their performance but I think the truth is in games against each other there isn't much between the teams. Results this season in derbies prove that. What we need to do is find the consistency against the other teams that they seem to have. It's a big few weeks coming up as we need to adjust to losing Malonga whilst making sure we secure that play off place.

I don't think we even need to compare ourselves to them at this point. They've done well, landed on their feet as per usual but Hibs for the first time in 7/8 are actually progressing in the right direction- that's all that matters. We're pretty close to having a team we can be proud of.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think we're a better team than them. If we both go up I think we'll finish above then by a mile. They'd struggle in the premiership imo.

All that said I think whether we go up or not depends on what happens with the rangers, no way can we expect them to stay do bad all season.

They were quite scared of us today going into this one. They set up to hack Allan out the game and towards the end they were just tryna close the game out and play for a draw. Thought we played some good stuff today and had a few good chances to win it at the end.

We struggled to break down defensive teams at the beginning of the season and still do to a certain extent and when we have faced both Rangers and Hearts we don't really need to break them down and that suits our players better. I genuinely think we'd be doing better in the SPL (or whatever it's now called) because we wouldn't be attempting to break teams down on a near weekly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were quite scared of us today going into this one. They set up to hack Allan out the game and towards the end they were just tryna close the game out and play for a draw. Thought we played some good stuff today and had a few good chances to win it at the end.
    That's just what I thought too. At times they did look scared, and we had too much pace for them IMO. We did play some good stuff today but a mistake cost us dearly.

Blog Entries
    I agree with OP & am happy to stress the positives. Firstly, Yams no longer have a 100% home record! perhaps the first crack in the asbestos ridden facade! Secondly we're responsible for 67% of Yams dropped points & yes I know it should have been even better. Thirdly we went into the holiday period with games against newco & Yams. We came out with 4 points & plus 4 goals, I would have bitten your hand off for that result in advance. Finally, we only play Yams 1 more time unless we get them in the cup of course, oh wait! . Every other team has to play Yams twice, if Yams win it helps us, if they lose we're happy anyway, happy days!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Agree that LD and AS are doing well in rebuilding the club and team, but great time to be a Hibby? Hmm - in the 2nd tier, and looking more and more likely we'll need to win at least 2 play off ties to get back to where we want to be.

Meanwhile, uncertain times off the pitch with our owner taking a step back (albeit on generous terms).

Welcome signs of improvement, but great times still to come.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I think we're a better team than them. If we both go up I think we'll finish above then by a mile. They'd struggle in the premiership imo.

All that said I think whether we go up or not depends on what happens with the rangers, no way can we expect them to stay do bad all season.
    If The Rangers sort out their boardroom problems quickly in the next week or so, you can assume that they might be in a position to strengthen their squad. If they do, I don't see us pipping them at the post. If they carry on as they are, we are in with a shout in the playoffs.

@hibs.net private member
    We were by far the better side today but they're 19 points ahead of us. Let's be serious here.

When all is said and done...

2 Pts dropped today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    We are a far better football team than them.

The months of planning they had ahead of us has got them where they are. Levein and co. were there from March onwards. Alan Stubbs had about 4-6 weeks.

The fact they made two subs at the death tells you a story. The fact they had two blips at the back before ten minutes had been played tells you as well. They feared us and they feared us big style.

I fail to see how you can believe any part of this post - it is so far removed from reality, you have to be joking right?

2015 will be a big letdown for hearts unless they improve. One of the worst passing teams I've seen (how many times did they pass or run it out of play?)

Only last gasp goal line clearances saved them today

That won't happen every week

I'm getting ready for the wheels coming off the Jambo bus and looking forward to Hibs clawing back the gap

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post
    2 Pts dropped today.
    indeed, which tells you how far we've come in such a short period.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    I fail to see how you can believe any part of this post - it is so far removed from reality, you have to be joking right?
    What parts are massively wrong?

We looked at least as good as them in the last 2 derbies.

Levein was approached long before last seasons end as was Neilson, they have been planning for Championship football for a year. Stubbs did only have 6 weeks max.

They did set up today for a draw which suggests they feared we could beat them.

Only bit I would contend is that it's a great time to be a Hibby. It's been a tough few years but I think we are on the right track to good times again. It's a slow road but one worth sticking on.

I despair at people who seem determined to see the negative in everything at the moment. We have a great set up in place. A passionate CEO, a knowledgable and enthusiastic DOF, a great backroom team and a young, modern, forward thinking head coach. We are going in the right direction, it's not a quick fix but it's worth sticking with. People really need to start getting on board with it and supporting the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Levein was approached long before last seasons end as was Neilson, they have been planning for Championship football for a year. Stubbs did only have 6 weeks max.

Only bit I would contend is that it's a great time to be a Hibby. It's been a tough few years but I think we are on the right track to good times again. It's a slow road but one worth sticking on.

I despair at people who seem determined to see the negative in everything at the moment. We have a great set up in place. A passionate CEO, a knowledgable and enthusiastic DOF, a great backroom team and a young, modern, forward thinking head coach. We are going in the right direction, it's not a quick fix but it's worth sticking with. People really need to start getting on board with it and supporting the club again.
    All of it, thought I made myself perfectly clear ... nothing in your post makes any of it any easier to believe. To me it's just us making one excuse after another, it's embarrassing ....

All of it, thought I made myself perfectly clear ... nothing in your post makes any of it any easier to believe. To me it's just us making one excuse after another, it's embarrassing ....
    So you don't believe Levein and Neilson were in place and planning long before it was official? And that was massively beneficial?

An excuse it maye be but it's a valid one. I'm disappointed about how we started this season, I've made that clear on numerous ocassions, but I can understand why it happened. I'm also not blind to the obvious progress we are making either. Stubbs (and the players) have done a very decent job in a short period of time.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

So you don't believe Levein and Neilson were in place and planning long before it was official? And that was massively beneficial?

An excuse it maye be but it's a valid one. I'm disappointed about how we started this season, I've made that clear on numerous ocassions, but I can understand why it happened. I'm also not blind to the obvious progress we are making either. Stubbs (and the players) have done a very decent job in a short period of time.

Dinnae bite PB. It's the Hibs.net way. Someone starts a positive thread and before you know it the usual suspects are along in double quick time with there rain clouds and voices of doom... They really are a joy to behold.... Keep up the pessimism lads!! At least then nothing in life will disappoint you!!!

I don't understand how some folk are quick to talk Hearts up at every opportunity but when it comes to saying something good about us it seems to be said through gritted teeth.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    I don't understand how some folk are quick to talk Hearts up at every opportunity but when it comes to saying something good about us it seems to be said through gritted teeth.
    It does my ****ing head in.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    indeed, which tells you how far we've come in such a short period.
    yes it does but considering the other results today we regressed. However we are looking good to progress through the play-offs.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Improvement? Yes, absolutely. But lets not get carried away. We won't win the league and therefore will require a mammoth effort to get promoted this season.

Better in derbies? Again, yes without doubt.

But we still haven't beat them this season despite being the better team across the 3 games and therefore we really need to work on being more lethal against these cants. They have been there fore the taking in the last 2 games and we haven't won either. If the roles were reversed i don't think it would be the same outcome for the jambo hoards unfortunately.

There's one or two people making posts that are removed from reality and the OP isn't one of them.

Edit: I'll put a smiley in as I don't want to come across as all passive aggressive.

They were terrified of losing for most of that match, they know we are a far better footballing side, where we still fall down is the mental side imo. We should have put them to the sword today and while I was delighted with how we played in the main , I left that *****hole yet again with a feeling that we'd let them off the hook.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greenblood

You have hit the nail on the head.

Been like that for too long. Mental side is very fragile.

Oh for a Jimmy O'Rourke, Willie Hamilton, Ally Mcleod..............

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar

I agree 100%. I am really positive about our long term future. I would rather be a Hibby than a Jambo in the crumbling asbestos ridden heap.