Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ref

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar

The ref

Was decent in the first half.....

Typical yam/SFA puppet in the 2nd

Hearts midfield got away with murder

Both prince and gomis could have been off for persistent fouling

We easily could have had a penalty - zero attempt to get the ball and a clear shoulder barge

And their penalty claims were laughable at best - both drop and jump up screaming

Steven McLean, grow a pair!!

But first time in ages there won't be a retrospective red for the ****

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was decent in the first half.....

Typical yam/SFA puppet in the 2nd

Hearts midfield got away with murder

Both prince and gomis could have been off for persistent fouling

We easily could have had a penalty - zero attempt to get the ball and a clear shoulder barge

And their penalty claims were laughable at best - both drop and jump up screaming

Steven McLean, grow a pair!!

But first time in ages there won't be a retrospective red for the ****
    He could also have sent off JC. It would be reasonable to give a balanced view....

Thought he handled Buaben and Gomis terribly, if he books them after their third or fourth foul they would have had to stop. Instead he waited deep into the second half before doing so, yet decided to book Craig for his first foul? Awful way to referee a derby

I thought he was alright.

The big one for me was gomis, he should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 30 minutes. I thought he was going to run out of fingers when he counted them up before the booking.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    He could also have sent off JC. It would be reasonable to give a balanced view....
    For the kicking away of the ball?!

Steady on

Back heal action - luck if it went 5 yards

Don't believe the hype

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I thought he was alright.

The big one for me was gomis, he should have been booked for persistent fouling after about 30 minutes. I thought he was going to run out of fingers when he counted them up before the booking.
    You said in yourself - a big one

Failed to take action and let them away with it

Saw him 3/4 times count out persistent fouls without action

That gives players like gomis a green light

@hibs.net private member
    I thought the ref was ok to be honest, a lot of persistent fouling by Hearts but no particularly terrible tackles.

I felt Craig was a little hard done by getting his yellow as to me it was a 50/50 and he didn't slide in a dangerous or uncontrolled way but other than that most of the calls were correct. It was actually nice to see a derby with some passing (albeit mostly from us) and no non-football related stuff to get the headlines.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he was fine, handling falling was never a pen. He could have booked Gomis and Prince earlier but apart from that there nothing much more he could or should have done

How Gomis lasted to the 90th minute before being booked is beyond me. He had 7 fouls in the 2nd half alone before the booking.

Not seen the penalty shout yet but was screaming for it at the game.

He was ok compared to some but that's not saying much.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought he was poor for both teams, and missed 5 or 6 easy decisions. He also gave some very soft fouls that we never fouls and could have doubled his tally for bookings that would have resulted in sending offs.

Don't understand some of the opinions on here, he was poor today and did not referee properly to the rules. Surely folk want consistency?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    How Gomis lasted to the 90th minute before being booked is beyond me. He had 7 fouls in the 2nd half alone before the booking.

Not seen the penalty shout yet but was screaming for it at the game.

He was ok compared to some but that's not saying much.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I thought the ref was ok to be honest, a lot of persistent fouling by Hearts but no particularly terrible tackles.

I felt Craig was a little hard done by getting his yellow as to me it was a 50/50 and he didn't slide in a dangerous or uncontrolled way but other than that most of the calls were correct. It was actually nice to see a derby with some passing (albeit mostly from us) and no non-football related stuff to get the headlines.
    I'd agree with that, apart from the Craig booking and not booking Gomis sooner he did a pretty good job and tried to nip any nonsense from either team in the bud.
    The bookings for the scorers were a bit officious but at least he was consistent.

Key thing for me was that he was consistent, even-handed and was trying to let play continue after "robust" challenges.

I was annoyed when Cummings got booked for doing what Skacel used to do regularly, but he then booked Walker for similarly celebrating in front of the opposing fans, which was fair enough.

I agree though that he was slow to book both Yam midfielders.

Never a penalty for me.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I thought he was poor for both teams, and missed 5 or 6 easy decisions. He also gave some very soft fouls that we never fouls and could have doubled his tally for bookings that would have resulted in sending offs.

Don't understand some of the opinions on here, he was poor today and did not referee properly to the rules. Surely folk want consistency?
    Genuinely curious to know where you think the extra bookings would have come from. I'm really struggling to recall any bad tackles in the game that we not picked up. Yes a couple of the Hearts boys could have been booked earlier but I honestly cant think of any big decisions he got wrong.

It's such a tough job being a ref especially in games like this. He got all the big calls right today which is critical.

@hibs.net private member
    I thought he booked Gomis twice, obviously the first booking was for another player as ( surely ) he would have given red for a second yellow.

Question now is who did he book when I thought it was Gomis the first time?

GGTTH

Coaching Staff
    Genuinely curious to know where you think the extra bookings would have come from. I'm really struggling to recall any bad tackles in the game that we not picked up. Yes a couple of the Hearts boys could have been booked earlier but I honestly cant think of any big decisions he got wrong.

It's such a tough job being a ref especially in games like this. He got all the big calls right today which is critical.
    Agree with this.

Thought he did well enough.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I thought he booked Gomis twice, obviously the first booking was for another player as ( surely ) he would have given red for a second yellow.

Question now is who did he book when I thought it was Gomis the first time?

GGTTH
    Buaben ?

Booking Craig for a fair 50/50 which he won meant Craig had to be cautious with challenges for majority of the game. Compare to gomis, finally booked in last minute of injury time after constant fouls throughout the match. That's far from consistent.

Both goalscorers should have been sent off by the letter of the law, theirs for the foul on Gray just after his booking and ours for kicking the ball away.

How many fouls was Gomes allowed before his booking, 8-9-10, yet Craig has what 2? He can get all the big decisions right and still have a poor game by not applying the rules correctly.

And as for some of the free kicks he gave, i found them laughable for both teams.

Most folk are screaming out for it every week, maybe you dont want consistency?

Thought he was no bad,could have dealt with bauban and gomis better,booking both players after scoring was a bit harsh but no big howlers made so won't be remembered

Both goalscorers should have been sent off by the letter of the law, theirs for the foul on Gray just after his booking and ours for kicking the ball away.

How many fouls was Gomes allowed before his booking, 8-9-10, yet Craig has what 2? He can get all the big decisions right and still have a poor game by not applying the rules correctly.

And as for some of the free kicks he gave, i found them laughable for both teams.

Most folk are screaming out for it every week, maybe you dont want consistency?

This is an impossible ask in real time sports - I would love to hear your solution?

[/B]

This is an impossible ask in real time sports - I would love to hear your solution?
    Either its a booking if you kick the ball away or its not? If this was one of their players we'd be shouting about conspiracy's and the like, he bottled that decision and the one where Gray was fouled was another booking all day long, but the bottler ref bottled it again because it would have meant sending the player off?

Both easy decisions for even the basic of referee's

Only complaint about the ref today was his failure to book Gomis long before he did for persistent fouling.

Either its a booking if you kick the ball away or its not? If this was one of their players we'd be shouting about conspiracy's and the like, he bottled that decision and the one where Gray was fouled was another booking all day long, but the bottler ref bottled it again because it would have meant sending the player off?

Both easy decisions for even the basic of referee's
    Aye right ok then. As usual you didn't answer the question.

Aye right ok then. As usual you didn't answer the question.
    FFS if its impossible to make these decisions in real time sports, whats the point in having ref's? Is kicking the ball away a hard decision, or is it not an automatic booking now?

Agree how the hell their midfield world beaters got away with persistent fouling was beyond me. He also seemed to take exception to Liam Craig constantly pointing out the fouls, did make me smile watching it you could see Craig say theirs another one, there's another one and he was spot on

FFS if its impossible to make these decisions in real time sports, whats the point in having ref's? Is kicking the ball away a hard decision, or is it not an automatic booking now?
    I said that its impossible to be completely consistent in real time sports in every game that's ever played. Any play/decision is open to interpretation and also from the angle from which it is seen. There also an element of common sense being applied in good referees - I for one would hate to see players sent off in every single match and there's nothing wrong with referees trying, when they can, keeping their cards in their pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Agree how the hell their midfield world beaters got away with persistent fouling was beyond me. He also seemed to take exception to Liam Craig constantly pointing out the fouls, did make me smile watching it you could see Craig say theirs another one, there's another one and he was spot on
    Ach they were in real time, hows a referee going to spot them in that situation? When he counted all 10 fingers and half his toes when booking whatshisface in the 90th minute, it seems he must have seen some of the fouls.

I said that its impossible to be completely consistent in real time sports in every game that's ever played. Any play/decision is open to interpretation and also from the angle from which it is seen. There also an element of common sense being applied in good referees - I for one would hate to see players sent off in every single match and there's nothing wrong with referees trying, when they can, keeping their cards in their pockets.
    Oh he kept his cards in his pocket, especially when ignoring the blatant bookings that would have seen both goalscorers off. He will get his cards marked by the beaks for that.

I for one also hate to see players booked one week for something the don't the next, which is why i brought the consistency question up.

Ref bottled both decisions.

Coaching Staff
    Personally loved when he hand counted Gomis' fouls - all of them each could have been a yellow !