hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pumping The Yams

As it says on the tin,were going to pump the yams and spoil their unbeaten run party

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The amount of times we have gotten a big massive head of steam before a derby followed by crashing back down to earth is getting tiresome.

Last win over Hearts by more than a goal: 29 October 2005.
    Last win over Hearts by more than two goals: 22 October 2000.

Let's just try and get a win, and let's be realistic. We NEED to be at our absolute best to compete on Saturday. They won't **** about.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    given up getting confident coming up to a derby. I say it everytime but a scrappy 1-0 win is more than enough for me. want to shut these pink gunts up, getting tired of all their invincible chat. the fact I'm travelling Australia just now with a Jambo means it would make it all the sweeter!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    given up getting confident coming up to a derby. I say it everytime but a scrappy 1-0 win is more than enough for me. want to shut these pink gunts up, getting tired of all their invincible chat. the fact I'm travelling Australia just now with a Jambo means it would make it all the sweeter!
    A goal in the first 5 minutes and we will cruise the game 3.1 or 4.1 i think

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Im confident we can give them a game. Keep it tight, play the easy balls and cut out any silly errors and we will do ok. We were the better team in the previous 2 Derbys this season so hopefully it will be third time lucky. Get Allan on the ball with the boys ahead of him making the runs.

This is no game for anyone to hide in thats for sure. I also think Fontaine will be important, he's been improving game by game and is still getting better imo. They will be up for it there's no question about it, here's a chance to,silence them on their own patch let's make sure we take it.

Quote Originally Posted by gordieboy View Post
    A goal in the first 5 minutes and we will cruise the game 3.1 or 4.1 i think

Not it quite but it would be nice.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Really looking forward to it - bring it on.

Can't see it myself, and the most pessimistic I get in Derbies is 0-0- or 1-1 draws...

Just got a bad feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    Can't see it myself, and the most pessimistic I get in Derbies is 0-0- or 1-1 draws...

Just got a bad feeling...
    They've been scraping wins recently. Why do you have a bad feeling?

It will be a tough game with their midfield being extremely hard to get the better of but it's winnable.

This is hearts that we have more than matched this season, not the 1940s Torino team.

Mind you, I bet some people still think that "wishful thinking" is still all we have even after putting Rangers to the sword.

Scraping wins? Last 4 games 4-1, 2-0, 0-2 and 0-1. By that logic we'd have been scraping wins as well.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not too keen on threads like this. We go on about how we are going to hammer them etc when we usually are the ones getting beat.

Fwiw though - I hope we can get the win, couldn't care how we do it.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Hibs are 100/30 to get the win, with hearts at 8/11. I'll be having some of that. They won't be able to live with us if we play as well as we did on Saturday.

United we stand here....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Hibs are 100/30 to get the win, with hearts at 8/11. I'll be having some of that. They won't be able to live with us if we play as well as we did on Saturday.
    Who with?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Who with?
    Skybet

United we stand here....

Hearts are far better than the Huns, (not difficult) and have players who actually want to play for the club. They will fancy their chances of shutting down the Allan-Robertson-Craig menace in midfield. It's a huge game for them - if they avoid defeat they have a real chance of going through the season unbeaten, as their organised, committed style means they are grinding down teams. However, they really aren't that good, and if they suffer a loss, the QOS's, Falkirk's and Raith's of this world might fancy their chances more against them.

To my mind it's got a draw written all over it, by I fancy Hibs to nick it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Skybet
    Very tasty price. I'll be having some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Hearts are far better than the Huns, (not difficult) and have players who actually want to play for the club. They will fancy their chances of shutting down the Allan-Robertson-Craig menace in midfield. It's a huge game for them - if they avoid defeat they have a real chance of going through the season unbeaten, as their organised, committed style means they are grinding down teams. However, they really aren't that good, and if they suffer a loss, the QOS's, Falkirk's and Raith's of this world might fancy their chances more against them.

To my mind it's got a draw written all over it, by I fancy Hibs to nick it.
    Good post in as much as I agree with it 100%!

They are favorites, for sure, but they have more to lose than us and I just have that feeling..... but lets not get carried away.....

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Let's face it, my derby confidence is never really that high, far too many disappointments, however , the last one at ER, we led them for a long time and they only drew level by a "hit and hope" wonder strike that fluked them to a draw

Testimonial Due
    I'm confident we can take something from the game. As with most derbies at Tynecastle, I'll settle for a point going into the game - as long as its not in the same circumstances as Octobers derby! They are riding high at the top of the league but all they are is an average team in a below average league. We are more than capable of beating them, but rest assured if we are to beat them it will be the hard way with the usual one goal margin. We don't do convincing wins in derbies.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I will take not getting beat, but we are overdue a result there. Seems all set up, if it accepted that we play better away from home and we play better against teams that don't sit in. Would prefer that we just let the game come along and ditched the catcalls and boasting. Stubbs was quick to tell the players, publicly, how to behave over the next few days. I will leave the build up to him. What we want to get and what we think we will get are two different questions.

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs to dominate the game and I mean dominate. Difference is we will score 2 or 3 more than them. They are nothing and I mean nothing worth bothering about.

GGTTH

Hibs to utterly dominate and win 2 - 1

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Hibs to dominate the game and I mean dominate. Difference is we will score 2 or 3 more than them. They are nothing and I mean nothing worth bothering about.

GGTTH
    I like this post and I mean I like this post
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

I haven't been this confident ahead of a derby for ages, honestly believe we are going to cuff them!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I like this post and I mean I like this post
    I see what you did there. I mean I see what you did there

GGTTH

Hibs have a decent chance of winning on Saturday if every Hibs player plays well, we get a fair referee, and nobody gets sent off.

However, I just cannot see the Yaks being as easily beaten as The Rangers were on Saturday. I don't think Hibs will be allowed to play as they did on Saturday. Any bets Scott Allan gets clattered early doors and the referee doesn't want to know? This will be a much harder game.

Whilst not infallible, Hearts are a far better side than Sevco, particularly at Tynecastle.

I think we have a chance on Saturday but we'll need to play as well, if not better, than we did against Sevco.

We'll potentially need to score three goals to win as they've only failed once this season to score more than once in a game at Tynecastle.

Would take a point now tbh

Will be a close game with a scrappy goal winning it either way.

I'm not going to mouth off about pumping them or whatever but we have a real chance of winning this game. They are undoubtedly a decent team but we have more than matched them in the previous 2 ganes this season and really should have more than 2 point to show for our efforts.

As lonf as we turn up and put in a performance then the result will take care of itself.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Their game plan revolves around stopping Allan playing, well we all saw how that worked out for Black on Saturday. Scott is too good a player to be worried by a few inbred Jamboids. So provided we get midfield runners and malonga/Cummings are on their game, we will win :).

I cannot wait! I hate them so much!