hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lots of Jambos salivating over their support at Livi.

I'm sure that for a while the Hibs support at Livi topped 10,000 and was a record.

I know my facts and might end up being swamped by tramps on FB.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkintHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm sure that for a while the Hibs support at Livi topped 10,000 and was a record.

I think their record attendance at home is, or was v der hun last decade.

I believe the Rent-A-Name Arena has a capacity these days of less than 10,000 but it was topped way back when Sevco had a travelling support. Doubt it was at capacity yesterday as Livi's home support is three guys and a drum.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

8178 inc drums

Hearts have always had a thing about size.
    When they take that number to ibrox or parkhead they can make a deal about it.
    till then ,shut up,it was virtually a home game
    Last edited by weonlywon6-2; 28-12-2014 at 06:21 PM.

To be fair, it's a very good turnout, so I'm not surprised they're shouting about it. We would be too.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    To be fair, it's a very good turnout, so I'm not surprised they're shouting about it. We would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Heats have always had a thing about size.
    When they take that number to ibrox or parkhead they can make a deal about it.
    till then ,shut up,it was virtually a home game
    hearts will use anything they can to self-glorify

Lots of Jambos salivating

Fixed the title for you.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    hearts will use anything they can to self-glorify
    If you read kickboak you will see that we won 4-0 yesterday because they finished the Rangers as a club by defeating them 2-0 in November and that our result is no big deal. They are a bunch of deluded, classless ********s who have ideas way above their real station in Life.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A team riding high, an away fixture virtually on the doorstep on a weekend in between Christmas and New Year - always going to attract a large away following.
    There were as many Hearts fans at Livvy as there were for their Scottish Cup tie against Celtic at Tynecastle. They didn't expect to win that one mind.

7000 I believe they took, quite impressive although if we were in their position I fully believe we'd have taken just as much.

I recall us taking 6000-7000 to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston. Livi is about as local an away day as you can ask for from Edinburgh, practically an Edinburgh team considering they used to be Meadowbank Thistle.

Nevertheless, I always like to see big crowds in Scottish football, so good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiethedog View Post
    If you read kickboak you will see that we won 4-0 yesterday because they finished the Rangers as a club by defeating them 2-0 in November and that our result is no big deal. They are a bunch of deluded, classless ********s who have ideas way above their real station in Life.
    Oh I see, just like the time they "killed us a a club"

Your right, utterly cringeworthy the lot of them.

It's a good number that they had yesterday but if we were in their position, we would have taken just as many to Livingston.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A team riding high, an away fixture virtually on the doorstep on a weekend in between Christmas and New Year - always going to attract a large away following.
    There were as many Hearts fans at Livvy as there were for their Scottish Cup tie against Celtic at Tynecastle. They didn't expect to win that one mind.
    "Glory" hunters - where were they at away games other than ER last season?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    7000 I believe they took, quite impressive although if we were in their position I fully believe we'd have taken just as much.

I recall us taking 6000-7000 to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston. Livi is about as local an away day as you can ask for from Edinburgh, practically an Edinburgh team considering they used to be Meadowbank Thistle.

Nevertheless, I always like to see big crowds in Scottish football, so good on them.
    The most impressive Hibs travelling support I remember was the festive fixture away to Dundee Utd in 2004 when Tony Mowbray's team swept them aside 4-1 in front of over 5000 Hibbies. A great day out that was.

I recall us taking 6000-7000 to Ibrox in the 0-3 cup game and that's a fair trek further from Edinburgh than Livingston.
    Kicking off at lunchtime. Live on Sky. Against a team that, unlike the yams' opposition yesterday, a win was far from guaranteed.

Rockets, every single last one of them.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    It's a good number that they had yesterday but if we were in their position, we would have taken just as many to Livingston.

Don't be silly!! a wee club like ours could never take that sort of support. They are a big huge massive enormous club compared to us, in fact we are a total irrelevance. Anything we do pales into insignificance compared to what they do ,if it wasn't for them softening up all our opponents then we would never win a game. We should be thankful and grateful for having them as our caring neighbours.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Eight thousand out of 400k is piss poor really.

The most impressive Hibs travelling support I remember was the festive fixture away to Dundee Utd in 2004 when Tony Mowbray's team swept them aside 4-1 in front of over 5000 Hibbies. A great day out that was.
    The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Kicking off at lunchtime. Live on Sky. Against a team that, unlike the yams' opposition yesterday, a win was far from guaranteed.

Rockets, every single last one of them.
    A very impressive support that day, I don't know of any club getting that size of allocation for an away day at Ibrox other than Celtic? Certainly not in recent years, speaks volumes.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    They're just getting used to it. Probably be playing there soon....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Bronson;4258574]The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

Quarter final of the cup? if so I have been in a few great crowds numerically but the atmosphere there was terrific - had a couple of guys up from here with me and they couldn't get over it. Griffiths performance alone was worth the entrance money, as was the .net red double decker bus

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    They're just getting used to it. Probably be playing there soon....

Bet their home support won't match yesterday's turnout.

Testimonial Due
    Jambos in attendance **** shocker. Let's hope there's plenty there greeting next week when they get gubbed.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    That was the day of the Tsunami. Went up to that game. Did we not go 1-0 down? Alan Orman scored IIRC.

J

[QUOTE=Bostonhibby;4258579]
    The most impressive I've been involved in was probably the 4000 away at Killie 2 seasons ago, that was a brilliant day.

Quarter final of the cup? if so I have been in a few great crowds numerically but the atmosphere there was terrific - had a couple of guys up from here with me and they couldn't get over it. Griffiths performance alone was worth the entrance money, as was the .net red double decker bus
    The very same, cracking day. One of the biggest away supports I've been involved in (Hampden aside), not often teams outside the old firm take that kind of crowd to away games.

I remember going through to Livi (5 November 2005) Attendance that day was 8,300 and there were about 6,500 of us.

Okay it was the top division and we were third in the league at the time. Hearts were top and Celtic were 2nd. Don't know if anybody will remember them but a team called Rangers were 4th.

2-1 for the Hibees that night.

Left by mutual consent!
    They draw a lot of support in the Banjo playing zones ,so practically a Home game..

It was actually 7500 we took and filled the Broomloan. I remember because I asked the ticket office at the time and id bought virtually the last ticket. Loudest crowd ive ever been in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    That was the day of the Tsunami. Went up to that game. Did we not go 1-0 down? Alan Orman scored IIRC.

J
    He did , and we were 1 down early after a Jason Scoitlkand strike - http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixture/2393222/