hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just how bad were The Rangers today?

As good as we were today, we hardly had to break sweat for most of the game.

"The Rangers" are a toothless bunch of wage thieves. Let's remember a few folks on here levelling the same criticism at our players in the first few weeks of the season. The Blue Nose wage thieves are probably on 5 to 10 times as much and are a disgrace.

Our team is settled. Their interplay is coming together now. Keep it up guys. Automatic promotion might now be out of reach but there's no way "The Rangers" have any chance of it based on today's display.

For ourselves - 2nd place is definitely a realistic proposition.

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It will be a shock to me if they manage to stay ahead of us. The game reminded of when we played hearts, only hearts were more resolute in defence.

United we stand here....

They were poor but that shouldn't take away from what was a fantastic Hibs performance.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They were poor but that shouldn't take away from what was a fantastic Hibs performance.
    Yes,yes,yes.
    Ok there were little incidents as there will always be but overall they controlled the game and the pace it was played at

They were shocking, shameful given the wages and reputations of most of them. I thought we were brillaint, we slowed the game down, we were clinical with our chances.

The appointment of McDowell is bonkers. He looks like a broken man already. IF they continue with him for the rest of the season they may even struggle to make the play offs.

However a new fresh manager might get more out of that mob.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Second highest wage bill in Scottish football for those clowns. They are abysmal.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Off the pace all game and most could barely run the last 10 minutes. Athletes? Having a laugh!

And the ref did them a big favour with only 2 minutes added time. It took about 2 for us to make the double sub near the end on its own.

Rank Rotten to the core

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    We made them look horrific. Mind that they've given a few teams a hammering this season.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    Off the pace all game and most could barely run the last 10 minutes. Athletes? Having a laugh!

And the ref did them a big favour with only 2 minutes added time. It took about 2 for us to make the double sub near the end on its own.
    Correct, mate. Their lack of fitness was unforgivable for a professional team. They've been on the Ally diet too long. Also, their keeper and that guy Foster are as bad as anything I've seen in this division.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 27-12-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Over weight over paid and over rated. Worst Rangers team I have ever witnessed. We strolled the game. They will continue to fight against each other and head back into administration

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Over weight over paid and over rated. Worst Rangers team I have ever witnessed. We strolled the game. They will continue to fight against each other and head back into administration
    To be fair they've not been going that long

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We made them look horrific. Mind that they've given a few teams a hammering this season.
    Yes. Beat Killie very recently.

Lee Wallace was only one who looked up for it. Ian Murray's Dumbarton next at Ibrox.

We were terrific this afternoon but that first half "performance" by Sevco was the worst 45 minutes I've seen from any away team at Easter Road this season.

I couldn't quite believe what I was watching.

I thought rangers were excellent today

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    I thought rangers were excellent today
    Favourite Sevco or Rangers team I've ever watched

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    On the one hand I really want them to never be promoted to the top division, but on the other it would be funny to see them get wrecked by all and sundry every week up there.

**** the Hun ****.

Well after speaking to Kenny last week and him telling me to lump MASSIVE on Hibs I think that tells it's own story. They are arguing in the changing room, players not bothered during training.

He wasn't at all surprised after the game and says Hibs are by far the best team in the championship and still thinks if they had sorted themselves before the season started we'd be up there with Hearts. Gave special praise to Stubbs as well and said he's heard from a few boys how good he is to work under and very professional.

Said Scott Allen is immense in midfield and tipped us to beat Hearts next week.

@hibs.net private member
    Lads,

Can I say ( seriously ) that you have to remember that they are a New team and they did get promoted this season. To be second is a tremendous achievement. ( remember this is the highest they have ever ever been I'n their very short history ).

Now if they want to chuck seriously good money at players and get that standard of team, who are we to say they are wrong? Long may it continue you bunch of West Coast has beens

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    They were as good as we let them be.

Its clear to me that our best displays this season have been against teams who come out to take us on ... The Rangers, the Yams and Dundee Utd. The Rangers are clearly not good enough to take us on at football and boy did it show today, at times we were toying with them ... they are awful.

I don't want to take anything away from Hibs today. The only thing missing was Hibs let them off very lightly at 4-0.

The gap between the two teams was huge today. The new Ibrokes club are in a false position in the league table. It's time a couple of other clubs stepped up to the plate, don't be scared of them, and beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Its clear to me that our best displays this season have been against teams who come out to take us on ... The Rangers, the Yams and Dundee Utd. The Rangers are clearly not good enough to take us on at football and boy did it show today, at times we were toying with them ... they are awful.
    Said the same, anyone who wants a football match struggles to compete, anyone who comes and defends can get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Lads,

Can I say ( seriously ) that you have to remember that they are a New team and they did get promoted this season. To be second is a tremendous achievement. ( remember this is the highest they have ever ever been I'n their very short history ).

Now if they want to chuck seriously good money at players and get that standard of team, who are we to say they are wrong? Long may it continue you bunch of West Coast has beens
    Beaten to it!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Well after speaking to Kenny last week and him telling me to lump MASSIVE on Hibs I think that tells it's own story. They are arguing in the changing room, players not bothered during training.

He wasn't at all surprised after the game and says Hibs are by far the best team in the championship and still thinks if they had sorted themselves before the season started we'd be up there with Hearts. Gave special praise to Stubbs as well and said he's heard from a few boys how good he is to work under and very professional.

My eyes may have been deceiving me but it looked like he clapped the east before he clapped the zombies, as he was being subbed. Any idea if that was deliberate TC or was I imagining it? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by renato View Post
    My eyes may have been deceiving me but it looked like he clapped the east before he clapped the zombies, as he was being subbed. Any idea if that was deliberate TC or was I imagining it? :-)
    I never noticed mate, was to busy laughing I'll ask him if he did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!

And Kenny himself was nae great shakes the day. Both him and Bungles Boyd are well past their sell by date. I could go through most of the Rankgers team though.

I never noticed mate, was to busy laughing I'll ask him if he did.

Out of interest, what was the general thoughts in regards to training under Ally? Surely must be decades out of date the way he's had some of his previously decent players playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    And Kenny himself was nae great shakes the day. Both him and Bungles Boyd are well past their sell by date. I could go through most of the Rankgers team though.
    Kenny was rank! Who team were poor!

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Out of interest, what was the general thoughts in regards to training under Ally? Surely must be decades out of date the way he's had some of his previously decent players playing.
    He actually got on really well with Ally, training I don't think was high tempo let's say that.