hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

BBC Scotland coverage

No report on Sportscene , little or no coverage on Sportsound. I know we are not in the top league but given the size of our support and the numbers that are bound to be tuning in for updates surely it's not too much to ask for a match report.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No report on Sportscene , little or no coverage on Sportsound. I know we are not in the top league but given the size of our support and the numbers that are bound to be tuning in for updates surely it's not too much to ask for a match report.
    Given the poor quality and error strewn reports we've had before, I gave up checking BBC reports long ago - better reports to be had here and on the Bounce Just Back Thread. Sad but true

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    I've listened to a few of our away games on Forth 2 this season.

Pretty sure they cover Hibs and Hearts, depending on who is away which is decent.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    There were no live commentries on Sportsound today only Open All Mics. Not bad for the national sport. Utter joke from an embarrassment of a football broadcaster. Forth 2's commentary is much better anyway.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    Given the poor quality and error strewn reports we've had before, I gave up checking BBC reports long ago - better reports to be had here and on the Bounce Just Back Thread. Sad but true
    We did get a full report on QPR v West Brom for anyone who was interested.

TBH I dont see the problem. We are a team playing in the lower league. When the the rankers were getting mentioned in previous years I hated it. If it was someone like stirling albion (no offence to them) who really cared. Premier division is what should be reported on no matter who you are

Quote Originally Posted by woody47 View Post
    TBH I dont see the problem. We are a team playing in the lower league. When the the rankers were getting mentioned in previous years I hated it. If it was someone like stirling albion (no offence to them) who really cared. Premier division is what should be reported on no matter who you are
    Aye that's a fair point but have they failed to cover The Rangers or the Yams this season?

I know we have many more followers than most Prem teams but prior to kick off it was 7th v 4th in the second tier, so perhaps not a surprise that broadcasters aren't that interested.
    Open All Mics is an affront to the senses but I don't begrudge Glasgow Warriors getting a full commentary - top of the league and getting decent crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyK View Post
    Aye that's a fair point but have they failed to cover The Rangers or the Yams this season?
    What annoyed me at start of program was the fact they mentioned who The Rangers and Yams were playing and no mention of us 😡

The problem is that they gave a full summary of the Hearts and Sevco matches.

Obviously Sevco are a bigger club than us but, despite what Hearts fans like to think, they aren't any bigger than us so if they're getting analysis of their match, I don't see why we should be any different.

Particularly when we're now third and only a few points behind Sevco.

I was thinking the same today! No radio coverage at all & they'll be no TV highlights either, bit of a joke if you ask me!

Regardless of our current ranking we are still one of the top 5 supported clubs in the country. They didn't stop blanket coverage of the Rangers when they were in the 2nd div for that reason. Why are we any different?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    At least Radio Scotland announced the result at some point..
    Switching between RTE and Today FM's sports shows en-route to Galway didn't reveal anything other than English Premiership news. Required a drastic pull into an emergency layby on the M4 reserved for Gardaí, breakdowns and anxious Hibbies to eventually learn of the good news.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 20-12-2014 at 08:37 PM.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I would like to think that if we were to overtake rangers we would be given the automatic coverage slot that they have because they're second in the league. As it happens I think that's why. Although what did really irk me today was watching the sportscene results show that the got little summaries at the bottom along with hearts that had all the stats in it, how hard would it be to do one for Hibs? Have the top three teams in the league there and you're only missing out coverage of another 2 games. Most fans who would never see their team with that sort of coverage would get some too that way.

First Team Breakthrough
    If we win our next 2 games then they can't keep ignoring us. Like it or not we are 7 points behind 2nd place and not deemed to be a threat to 1st or even 2nd place. Time to get back in amongst it and if we manage that and the coverage is still poor for us THEN we can start getting annoyed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Second place is the same as 4th , playoffs .... I really couldn't care , I go to the games and get all the coverage I need , there are many that can't for varying reasons that's unfortunate but there are many that can go won't go , No sympathy

Quote Originally Posted by PPZPOL View Post
    If we win our next 2 games then they can't keep ignoring us. Like it or not we are 7 points behind 2nd place and not deemed to be a threat to 1st or even 2nd place. Time to get back in amongst it and if we manage that and the coverage is still poor for us THEN we can start getting annoyed.
    Our coverage will only improve if we start struggling. BBC Scotland isn't interested in Hibs doing well.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    What annoyed me at start of program was the fact they mentioned who The Rangers and Yams were playing and no mention of us 
    Sounds par for the course, but Hearts are probably only getting their mention because they're top. If The Rangers don't win promotion there will be a day of mourning across the Scottish media.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I would like to think that if we were to overtake rangers we would be given the automatic coverage slot that they have because they're second in the league. As it happens I think that's why. Although what did really irk me today was watching the sportscene results show that the got little summaries at the bottom along with hearts that had all the stats in it, how hard would it be to do one for Hibs? Have the top three teams in the league there and you're only missing out coverage of another 2 games. Most fans who would never see their team with that sort of coverage would get some too that way.
    They did do one for our game.

Quote Originally Posted by PPZPOL View Post
    They can and will IMHO. Don't listen or watch the BBC programmes and haven't done so form along time.

Bitter - yip but cannot and will not listen to that bunch of ****ing roasters slag and make anti Hibs comments week in week out.... Taking sly digs at the club for the slightest thing whilst praising others around us.

GRADE A **** wits of the highest order.

If I ran the club I would of banned the BBC bunch from ER a long long time ago!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    They did do one for our game.
    I saw one for the SPL teams, hearts, rangers then on to the EPL

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I saw one for the SPL teams, hearts, rangers then on to the EPL
    You should have stuck with it

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by H18Y GW View Post
    Second place is the same as 4th , playoffs .... I really couldn't care , I go to the games and get all the coverage I need , there are many that can't for varying reasons that's unfortunate but there are many that can go won't go , No sympathy
    Not quite. Second plays one less play off round.