hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Booth

Left by mutual consent!

Booth

I thought he done pretty well when he came on. Energetic and willing to go forward - seemed to up the pace a bit of the whole team. And he went in for a couple of tasty tackles. And was part of a nice couple of moves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Booth is one that needs to be shipped out in Jan if poss and free up a wage.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you don't agree then

I disagree. At the very least, he's decent backup for injuries in a very thin squad. I can't see him being on that much, and I don't think we could replace him with much better for the same wages.
    He did well when he came on.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he does well going forward, but makes me a bit nervous when going back. He still lets players get past him. I think he'd work best in the 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 formation we can play when we have Foster back, it'll allow him to get forward more confidently.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    His best game for us was at Centre Back in Livingston. He really is a conundrum.

First Team Breakthrough
    O
    Jeez that didn't take long to turn a positive thread into a negative one.
    Between this and the thread on booing because we professionally protected a 2 goal lead I sometimes think that some supporters got the team they deserved under Calderwood and Butcher.

Presumably only a matter of time before some goofball starts another thread criticising Handling again after last week's multi page effort. Also I await criticism of Oxley's scoring record seeing as he hasn't scored since the first game of the season.

Our neighbours in west Edinburgh have scraped through on a few dodgy performances this season but their supporters still hail them as world beaters. Maybe some of our supporters could follow suit.

I like Booth but sadly I don't see him getting a new contract. No manager can seem to make their mind up on his position, but for me he can play left midfield and be a real threat going forward. Good in the air, good feet and a good engine on him I think he has lots to offer if given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    O
    Jeez that didn't take long to turn a positive thread into a negative one.
    Between this and the thread on booing because we professionally protected a 2 goal lead I sometimes think that some supporters got the team they deserved under Calderwood and Butcher.

Presumably only a matter of time before some goofball starts another thread criticising Handling again after last week's multi page effort. Also I await criticism of Oxley's scoring record seeing as he hasn't scored since the first game of the season.

Our neighbours in west Edinburgh have scraped through on a few dodgy performances this season but their supporters still hail them as world beaters. Maybe some of our supporters could follow suit.
    Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    I thought Booth did fine today after he came on, passed the ball well, looked to get forward and never troubled in a defensive sense ( although Alloa were never likely to do that)......

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I like Booth but sadly I don't see him getting a new contract. No manager can seem to make their mind up on his position, but for me he can play left midfield and be a real threat going forward. Good in the air, good feet and a good engine on him I think he has lots to offer if given a chance.
    On top of that his best game for some was at centre back vs Livingstone. Management's dream.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=HH81;4248291]Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.[/QUOTE

Oh dear dahling I'm not been (?) a drama queen. I'm a merely a supporter (look up the definition).

That is his best position for me and if he is to finally establish himself in the team this season it should be there.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I thought he played well when he came on.
    In a game at ER a few months ago (can't remember which one) he and Kennedy ran riot down the left side.
    IMO, Booth's an intelligent player & deserves a run in the first team to give him a chance to settle in & show what he can do.
    I'm told that last season he was well liked at Raith Rovers and played regularly.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    That is his best position for me and if he is to finally establish himself in the team this season it should be there.
    I think I saw his debut for the full team, certainly saw him playing at age group and have always been interested in how he is progressing. I would agree with DaveF and M59, if he has a future with us it means showing he can do something left midfield. His problem is that he's realistically only got until the end of the season to show that and there's every chance the management team have made up their minds already.

If I had to put my house on it, it sadly feels like another Damon Gray - absolutely outstanding player all the way through to first team but just doesn't make it. I genuinely and sincerely hope I'm proved wrong.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Coaching Staff
    I don't think he (Booth) will be with Hibs after January - no info, just my opinion - I know Stubbs is looking at left back for a signing next window (according to two ex Hibs players now coaches).

I like CB as a player but don't think he is a left back - for me he has always been a stylish midfield player who would benefit from an energetic left back if played at left midfield. I don't think he is either physically strong enough to be a good defender, nor pacy enough.

There is absolutely no doubting his technical ability however - he is a player who may lack pace but his technique finds him a few yards against an opponent.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Maybe it is, but he's hardly played in midfield. There's very little to go on, really.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I don't think he (Booth) will be with Hibs after January - no info, just my opinion - I know Stubbs is looking at left back for a signing next window (according to two ex Hibs players now coaches).

I like CB as a player but don't think he is a left back - for me he has always been a stylish midfield player who would benefit from an energetic left back if played at left midfield. I don't think he is either physically strong enough to be a good defender, nor pacy enough.

There is absolutely no doubting his technical ability however - he is a player who may lack pace but his technique finds him a few yards against an opponent.
    A left back that is managed/coached by two ex Hibees by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    Stop been a drama queen, if you think Booth is good enough to get us back up your living in a dream world.

Football is a harsh world and players need to move on if you want better ones. Booth has not been a reg in any Hibs team for years and he can't get in a championship team. There is quite a few more that need shipping too so get the tissues ready.
    Oh dear dahling I'm not been (?) a drama queen. I'm a merely a supporter (look up the definition).
    There is no doubting your a supporter, however, some people just can't let go of some players who are just not good enough long term. If your going to let Stubbs build a team he is going to have to get rid of some players and I think one of them will be Booth. Nothing against the lad but its just football. I could name a few others too but we can leave that for another day.
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    There is no doubting your a supporter, however, some people just can't let go of some players who are just not good enough long term. If your going to let Stubbs build a team he is going to have to get rid of some players and I think one of them will be Booth. Nothing against the lad but its just football. I could name a few others too but we can leave that for another day.
    I desperately want Boothy to do well for Hibs but must admit I think he is on the way out.

I am probably the same as others in that we saw him play in an outstanding double winning under 19 team and burst into the first team, we all want to see our young laddies come through and Callum was no exception.

I would love to be wrong but I think he is not going to get another contract.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    A left back that is managed/coached by two ex Hibees by any chance?
    Do you think we can get him?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do you think we can get him?
    Who is this LB BIlly??

Edit:- a player currently in the league we are in??
    Last edited by Aldo; 14-12-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Who is this LB BIlly??

Edit:- a player currently in the league we are in??
    I presume he means Shinnie at Inverness, managed by the 2 ex Hibees, Hughes and Latapy. Can't see him wanting to drop a division

I presume he means Shinnie at Inverness, managed by the 2 ex Hibees, Hughes and Latapy. Can't see him wanting to drop a division
    He's the only one I thought about but wasn't sure. Think if he goes anywhere it'll be Aberdeen! As you say if we don't go up will he want to drop a division??

He's the only one I thought about but wasn't sure. Think if he goes anywhere it'll be Aberdeen! As you say if we don't go up will he want to drop a division??
    Heard we were interested in Barry Douglas, ex Dundee Utd, but I thought he was a right back.

Are we talking Dumbarton here - Murray and Beuzelin?

Heard we were interested in Barry Douglas, ex Dundee Utd, but I thought he was a right back.
    Nope he's a left back BW. Good player IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Are we talking Dumbarton here - Murray and Beuzelin?
    See the above threads. Think we are on about Shinnie at ICT

See the above threads. Think we are on about Shinnie at ICT
    Oh - I didn't think anyone on this thread had confirmed that it was him

Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
    Oh - I didn't think anyone on this thread had confirmed that it was him
    Maybe when Andrew70 wakes up, he may update us😄