hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar

OPINIONS IN FOOTBALL specially at Easter Road but thats what being a Hibby is all about.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't need to - I don't want any hibs player to be poor. I just think a lot of folk are getting a bit excited over him - he has lots of flaws imo - and due to getting carried away they can only see the good.
    So please tell me, who in you opinion has performed better than Allan has over any two month period during the last five years for Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    So please tell me, who in you opinion has performed better than Allan has over any two month period during the last five years for Hibs.
    Stokes, Liam Miller, mcbride, Griffiths and O'Connor.

Ben Williams when he went on that penalty saving run.

I'll need to have a think though - maybe Claros?

Played poorly,won the game on a cold winters day in a dull league,3points will do 👍

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I don't need to - I don't want any hibs player to be poor. I just think a lot of folk are getting a bit excited over him - he has lots of flaws imo - and due to getting carried away they can only see the good.
    I thought folk were going ott about Allan earlier this season but the last couple of months he has been by far our best player. Think you are wrong about him today...even with the misplaced passes he was the best player on the park.

Some of his world cup willy cross field passes were brilliant today as well as the way he can take ball into feet and turn a player with ease.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    I thought folk were going ott about Allan earlier this season but the last couple of months he has been by far our best player. Think you are wrong about him today...even with the misplaced passes he was the best player on the park.

Some of his world cup willy cross field passes were brilliant today as well as the way he can take ball into feet and turn a player with ease.
    I feel a wee bit like Craig on Strictly when he tries to give some constructive criticism and gets shouted down by Len and the other two cos they're desperate to get the out.

Stokes, Liam Miller, mcbride, Griffiths and O'Connor.

Ben Williams when he went on that penalty saving run.

I'll need to have a think though - maybe Claros?
    So in Allan's position, you think that only Miller, McBride and maybe Claros have performed better than Allan as a midfielder over any two month period during the last five years. Pretty high praise, though maybe not considering those that have played midfield recently.

@hibs.net private member
    So in Allan's position, you think that only Miller, McBride and maybe Claros have performed better than Allan as a midfielder over any two month period during the last five years. Pretty high praise, though maybe not considering those that have played midfield recently.
    Off the top of my head that's all I can think of. I hope he goes on to play at the level everyone says he's at already.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I feel a wee bit like Craig on Strictly when he tries to give some constructive criticism and gets shouted down by Len and the other two cos they're desperate to get the out.

Off the top of my head that's all I can think off. I hope he goes on to play at the level everyone says he's at already.
    Agree 100%.

I predict he will be playing for Scotland within three years, sadly not at Hibs.

First Team Regular
    Who is McBride?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    Who is McBride?
    He did the coveted (on here) Matty Jack role brilliantly for about 3 or 4 months then got injured and was never the same again.

Testimonial Due
    Booooooooooooooooooooooo

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    Allan 6 & Handling 5? You can't have been at the game today. Allan was our most creative player, Handling scored the opener and worked his socks off all afternoon.
    Read my post. I've explained why. Handling was terrible.

My seat is t178. I was there.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

People moaning about Scott Allan, dearie me!! Our best midfielder in years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by S4uzee View Post
    People moaning about Scott Allan, dearie me!! Our best midfielder in years
    If you mean me, I'm not moaning just being realistic rather than spouting hyperbole.

First Team Breakthrough
    I just think watching him (Allan) is a joy, even today I mentioned that I was getting bored of saying how good some of his passing and ability on the ball was/is. If we could get all our players fit it would be great but I fear we never will.

Special mention to D.Gray, absolute workhorse and a nightmare to play against for opposition players. Hope injury isn't serious. Great signing. More of the same please AS!!!

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Allan was outstanding today, he really looks the part and could easily play in any midfield in Scotland

Suprised at some of the low marks for Handling. I thought he did well today. Went about his task without fuss and contributed a goal as well.

I've been far from a fan but the last twice I Have seen him (away v Alloa and today) I've been impressed.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Suprised at some of the low marks for Handling. I thought he did well today. Went about his task without fuss and contributed a goal as well.

I've been far from a fan but the last twice I Have seen him (away v Alloa and today) I've been impressed.
    Agree, he did well today, not as well as the last Alloa game, but he deserves his place in the team

@hibs.net private member
    Suprised at some of the low narks for Handling. I thought he did well today. Went about his task without fuss and contributed a goal as well.

He done ok - played a couple of decent passes and as you say got the goal.

Generally though folk make their mind up early doors and then can't/won't change their mind.

Me too. The lad has it, I reckon he will have won a lot more people over by the end of the season.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member
    A lot of folk are in danger of going ott about Scott Allan imo. Very wasteful in possession, most of his corners were poor, didn't create very much at all.

For all the chat about him being the best player in the league by a mile etc he doesn't show it enough.
    I thought his corners were pretty decent. Most were put in with a bit of pace and we could have scored a couple of goals from them at least. I have no issue when he loses possession trying a defence splitting pass in the final third but today particularly early on he caused us a few problems with some poor world cup balls.

I didn't think he was at his best today but he has been very good this season and looks a class above most in this league

We won.
    Space to let

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    Alloa were absolutely terrible today, and we pretty much strolled it. I don't think we were brilliant by any means but some people are just never happy. As far as I'm concerned we take the 3 points and move on to the next game. I think some people both on here and at the games (for example the guy that sits behind me) don't understand or take much in regarding what happens on the pitch. I sit in the west lower and Malonga was constantly taking pelters, as he has since he signed. He doesn't do enough running for some peoples liking, fine, but in terms of being an intelligent footballer only Scott Allan is on his level.
    Last edited by portyhibernian; 13-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    Alloa were absolutely terrible today, and we pretty much strolled it. I don't think we were brilliant by any means but some people are just never happy. As far as I'm concerned we take the 3 points and move on to the next game. I think some people both on here and at the games (for example the guy that sits behind me) don't understand or take much in regarding what happens on the pitch. I sit in the west lower and Malonga was constantly taking pelters, as he has since he signed. He doesn't do enough running for some peoples liking, fine, but in terms of being an intelligent footballer only Scott Allan is on his level.
    Malonga and Allan are quality footballers, made a real difference to the crap we had last season, why do people moan? It's a good thing we are rebuilding after a decade of decline....
    get behind this team, hopefully improve in the January transfer window....

It was a good win but strangely very dull and little excitement....with just over 8000 fans January can't come soon enough!

We can't have supporters only seeing the good eh!!

It's comments like this which keep the negative cloud over this forum and the club.

Testimonial Due
    He continually gave the ball away from the 1st minute to the last. I expect more from him.
    That is just nonsense.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    He did the coveted (on here) Matty Jack role brilliantly for about 3 or 4 months then got injured and was never the same again.

McBride was fantastic at the start of the 09-10 season under Yogi until his injury. Kept the team together.