hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83

Match Ratings for Alloa

Going to give my thoughts on today's excellent win but rather boring performance.

Oxley: 7/10 Nothing to report. Took everything in the air cleanly and distribution fine.

Gray: 8/10 Up until he went off injured was our best attacking threat. He was desperate to hit the byline and always leads by example.

Hanlon: 7/10 Steady as usual. Made one or two marauding runs runs.

Fontaine: 7/10 Much the same as Hanlon, good in the air. Would like to see him carry the ball forward if unopposed.

Stevenson: 7/10 Didn't do anything wrong. Didn't do anything exemplary.

Robertson: 7/10 Almost scored after bursting a gut to get forward. Broke up numerous Alloa attacks.

Craig: 6/10 Slow and ponderous. Too often he gets caught flat footed in midfield and beaten.

Allan: 6/10 Worst game in a while. Many of his passes went astray or straight to them. Spent the last fifteen minutes playing keep ball when we should have been showing these smaller teams what it's like to play a big team at home.

Handling: 5/10 Gets a five for his goal. I just don't get it. His game consists of coming deep to get ball and giving it straight back to the player that gave him it. Almost cost us today with poor distribution or ball retention. His run into box was good for his goal.

Malonga: 6/10 Some good touches, some poor. Not the best performance I've seen from the big man. It shows that he is a true goal scorer that a poor touch can get a goal.

Cummings: 6/10 Made some great runs into attacking positions and showed strength when holding up ball. Although he missed a variety of chances he still got himself into the positions to get a shot off.

Booth: 6/10 Not a huge amount to do.

Kennedy: See above.

Stubbs: 6/10 Only thing to mention is that when we have corners can we at least try to do something different. Allan had 17 attempts and I think we only mustered one Fontaine header. We need to put teams under pressure so maybe Craig or Stevenson could fire them in from the right.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"
    "Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to give my thoughts on today's excellent win but rather boring performance.

Oxley: 7/10 Nothing to report. Took everything in the air cleanly and distribution fine.

Gray: 8/10 Up until he went off injured was our best attacking threat. He was desperate to hit the byline and always leads by example.

Fontaine: 7/10 Much the same as Hanlon, good in the air. Would like to see him carry the ball forward if unopposed.

Robertson: 7/10 Almost scored after bursting a gut to get forward. Broke up numerous Alloa attacks.

Craig: 6/10 Slow and ponderous. Too often he gets caught flat footed in midfield and beaten.

Allan: 6/10 Worst game in a while. Many of his passes went astray or straight to them. Spent the last fifteen minutes playing keep ball when we should have been showing these smaller teams what it's like to play a big team at home.

Handling: 5/10 Gets a five for his goal. I just don't get it. His game consists of coming deep to get ball and giving it straight back to the player that gave him it. Almost cost us today with poor distribution or ball retention. His run into box was good for his goal.

Malonga: 6/10 Some good touches, some poor. Not the best performance I've seen from the big man. It shows that he is a true goal scorer that a poor touch can get a goal.

Cummings: 6/10 Made some great runs into attacking positions and showed strength when holding up ball. Although he missed a variety of chances he still got himself into the positions to get a shot off.

Stubbs: 6/10 Only thing to mention is that when we have corners can we at least try to do something different. Allan had 17 attempts and I think we only mustered one Fontaine header. We need to put teams under pressure so maybe Craig or Stevenson could fire them in from the right.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"
    I thought nobody deserved above a 6 and probably all deserved 6s
    as well as Danny Handling
    Good result but poor performance

Malonga was terrible, didn't look interested and his lazy attempts to control the ball and make passes was really frustrating to watch. He got a goal that was more luck than anything else but just didn't show the commitment that the poor fans deserved for braving that today. Allan was playing too deep most of the time and I'm not sure what Handling is doing in that position but he did score.

Alloa were honking so I would give 5 marks to each of the players for getting a win and move on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought Allen was superb again, Fontaine was excellent too. Didn't think Danny was as bad as before but again, especially in second half just an extra man when I think Sammy or Kennedy would give more. Lewis did well and Craig and Robertson had decent games too. Not our best performance ever but good enough

Allan was easily the best player on the pitch! Apart from his first three passes his passing was brilliant. A joy to watch!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Here's my take...

Oxley: 6/10 Did everything that was required – relatively quiet day at the office.

Gray: 7/10 Played well. Wide open on the right loads of times. Should have been given more passes.

Hanlon: 7/10 Steady. Generally I’m not a Hanlon fan but he was close to my MOTM

Fontaine: 6/10 ... as Oxley

Stevenson: 7/10 One of the few who should some enthusiasm and energy - played okay.

Robertson: 6/10 Okay in flashes.

Craig: 4/10 He sure knows where No Man’s Land is. Superb moaner.

Allan: 8/10 Contrary to the OP, I thought he was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Covered every inch of the park and always looking for the ball. Overdoes the flash sometimes but at least he has the confidence and ability to try it. My MOTM.

Handling: 6/10 Gets an extra point for the goal.

Malonga: 4/10 The queue at Lidl’s moves faster. Spawny goal but we’ll take it.

Cummings: 5/10 Had a couple of good chances but blew them.

Booth: 6/10 Never put a foot wrong when he came on. Great cross leading up to 2nd goal.

Kennedy: Not enough time on the park

Hefferman: Not enough time on the park. (Was the wrong sub IMO).

Stubbs: 6/10: Needs to kick a few butts. 8000+ people braved the cold today to watch a team of subbuteo players waiting to be finger-flicked. Can’t remember any excitement in the game save seeing the first goal go in. The second one was more of a feeling of relief. Just as well Alloa were dire.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Here's my take...

Oxley: 6/10 Did everything that was required – relatively quiet day at the office.

Gray: 7/10 Played well. Wide open on the right loads of times. Should have been given more passes.

Hanlon: 7/10 Steady. Generally I’m not a Hanlon fan but he was close to my MOTM

Fontaine: 6/10 ... as Oxley

Stevenson: 7/10 One of the few who should some enthusiasm and energy - played okay.

Robertson: 6/10 Okay in flashes.

Craig: 4/10 He sure knows where No Man’s Land is. Superb moaner.

Allan: 8/10 Contrary to the OP, I thought he was head and shoulders above everyone on the park. Covered every inch of the park and always looking for the ball. Overdoes the flash sometimes but at least he has the confidence and ability to try it. My MOTM.

Handling: 6/10 Gets an extra point for the goal.

Malonga: 4/10 The queue at Lidl’s moves faster. Spawny goal but we’ll take it.

Cummings: 5/10 Had a couple of good chances but blew them.

Booth: 6/10 Never put a foot wrong when he came on. Great cross leading up to 2nd goal.

Kennedy: Not enough time on the park

Hefferman: Not enough time on the park. (Was the wrong sub IMO).

Stubbs: 6/10: Needs to kick a few butts. 8000+ people braved the cold today to watch a team of subbuteo players waiting to be finger-flicked. Can’t remember any excitement in the game save seeing the first goal go in. The second one was more of a feeling of relief. Just as well Alloa were dire.
    Do you not think that Alloa being dire was a direct result of our performance? Like playing with every man behind the ball, because if they didn't we have the players to take advantage of the space.

I don't get this negativity. We won. At home, which has been a problem this season. On a cold winters afternoon. By two goals. And a clean sheet. And little threat to that clean sheet.

And I don't think the second goal was a feeling of relief. I think it was more bemusement, as to how exactly that managed to go in.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Any other team wins ugly and they get plaudits for grinding out a result despite not playing well.

We do it and folk are moaning as much as we do when we lose.

First Team Breakthrough

Allan 6 & Handling 5? You can't have been at the game today. Allan was our most creative player, Handling scored the opener and worked his socks off all afternoon.

Oxley 7
    Gray 7
    Hanlon 7
    Fontaine 7
    Stevenson 6
    Craig 5
    Robertson 6
    Allan 8
    Handling 6
    Malonga 6
    Cummings 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tricla View Post
    Any other team wins ugly and they get plaudits for grinding out a result despite not playing well.

We do it and folk are moaning as much as we do when we lose.
    I'll take the win every day of the week.

@hibs.net private member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Allan was easily the best player on the pitch! Apart from his first three passes his passing was brilliant. A joy to watch!
    Agreed - some of Allans passes were Scholesesque. Great passer of the ball and always prepared to try a difficult pass which can cut teams open even although he stands to incur the wrath of some of our fans. Top player and is showing great consistency now. Get his contract extended please Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    A lot of folk are in danger of going ott about Scott Allan imo. Very wasteful in possession, most of his corners were poor, didn't create very much at all.

For all the chat about him being the best player in the league by a mile etc he doesn't show it enough.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Allan was by far the best player on the park, head and shoulders above everyone else.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Allan was by far the best player on the park, head and shoulders above everyone else.
    Not today he wasn't - that's just a line that's getting spat out so regularly folk are starting to believe it!

Had that match today been a cup match would the consensus be get the job done by winning the match? Hibs are a big scalp for most teams apart from Rangers and Hearts in the championship and as such any and every win for Hibs against any championship side is a good win imho.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I'll take the win every day of the week.

It was a crap game too watch in freezing conditions, I still haven't fully heated up.

A 2-0 win over Alloa at home the way we played probably shows were we are at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Not today he wasn't - that's just a line that's getting spat out so regularly folk are starting to believe it!
    Yes he was, maybe he didn't have the best he has played but he was defo the best player on the pitch, the rest were bang on average

@hibs.net private member
    Yes he was, maybe he didn't have the best he has played but he was defo the best player on the pitch, the rest were bang on average
    He continually gave the ball away from the 1st minute to the last. I expect more from him.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He continually gave the ball away from the 1st minute to the last. I expect more from him.
    I don't think he was fully fit today, nothing to back that up right enough but just my opinion after watching him today.

A lot of folk are in danger of going ott about Scott Allan imo. Very wasteful in possession, most of his corners were poor, didn't create very much at all.

For all the chat about him being the best player in the league by a mile etc he doesn't show it enough.
    You are talking Tom Kite!

Apart from a couple of corners, most were well delivered. He rarely loses possession. He usually plays a forward pass. He opened play up so much. Is it his fault that those receiving the pass did nothing with it.

He played a lot of telling passes. In a better team he would be a great player. Right now he is just a good player.

Rubbish, he had a minimum of 10 absolutely beautiful diagonal passes. His set pieces deliveries are terrific as well.

He was poor last week against Falkirk, but today he was the standout player.

@hibs.net private member

Apart from a couple of corners, most were well delivered. He rarely loses possession. He usually plays a forward pass. He opened play up so much. Is it his fault that those receiving the pass did nothing with it.

He played a lot of telling passes. In a better team he would be a great player. Right now he is just a good player.
    He lost the ball 3 times in the first 3 minutes alone. Take the blinkers off.

Rubbish

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

I wonder what the score would have been had he not been on the park today?
    I just wonder.

@hibs.net private member
    Rubbish, he had a minimum of 10 absolutely beautiful diagonal passes. His set pieces deliveries are terrific as well.

He was poor last week against Falkirk, but today he was the standout player.
    He gave the ball away at least as many times as he played those "beautiful diagonals"

He lost the ball 3 times in the first 3 minutes alone. Take the blinkers off.
    Read my first post on this thread. His first three passes were very poor, but after that his passes were good.

Maybe it is you that needs to take of the blinkers.

@hibs.net private member
    Rubbish
    Great input.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I wonder what the score would have been had he not been on the park today?
    I just wonder.
    Don't know if it'd be that much different? Did he create either goal?

@hibs.net private member
    Read my first post on this thread. His first three passes were very poor, but after that his passes were good.

Maybe it is you that needs to take of the blinkers.
    I don't need to - I don't want any hibs player to be poor. I just think a lot of folk are getting a bit excited over him - he has lots of flaws imo - and due to getting carried away they can only see the good.