hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: JOHN BAXTER

2. Log in to remove the advert

Surely the club should make sure when they put anything out that it's correct-even more so in an obituary.Not to have the correct year for the Clyde cup final is truly abysmal and inexcusable.LD must get rid of these people who can't do things properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely the club should make sure when they put anything out that it's correct-even more so in an obituary.Not to have the correct year for the Clyde cup final is truly abysmal and inexcusable.LD must get rid of these people who can't do things properly.
    The Final in question(Season 1957/58) WAS in 1958.Do you not think that some people are a little too ready to criticise the Cub without checking the facts?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by schinkenotto View Post
    The Final in question(Season 1957/58) WAS in 1958.Do you not think that some people are a little too ready to criticise the Cub without checking the facts?
    The original article said 59. It's clearly been corrected.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hardly the crime of the century, and surely a bit draconian to sack somebody for it. I'm struggling to work out what harm was done here.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Hardly the crime of the century, and surely a bit draconian to sack somebody for it. I'm struggling to work out what harm was done here.
    What harm is done by littering? If none that can be identified, is it ok to do it?

The point I was trying to make was that if you are going to do something you should do it properly.Making the point about John playing in a cup final was correct but it is ridiculous to get the year wrong it's just pure carelessness.

When I got a letter from the club re the half year season tickets there was a section inviting me to put my name forward for nomination to the board.The expiry date for doing that was days before I got the letter.Frankly this attitude to communications is pathetic.Either someone in the club is not doing the job or the companies they employ are not up to it.

To some this is a song and dance about nothing-to me it's about doing the job you're paid to do-probably I'm getting old and even rattier than I used to be

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    What harm is done by littering? If none that can be identified, is it ok to do it?
    I think sacking the poor sod that got the year wrong would be a bit harsh. Especially as it was all sorted out very quickly.

The point I was trying to make was that if you are going to do something you should do it properly.Making the point about John playing in a cup final was correct but it is ridiculous to get the year wrong it's just pure carelessness.

When I got a letter from the club re the half year season tickets there was a section inviting me to put my name forward for nomination to the board.The expiry date for doing that was days before I got the letter.Frankly this attitude to communications is pathetic.Either someone in the club is not doing the job or the companies they employ are not up to it.

To some this is a song and dance about nothing-to me it's about doing the job you're paid to do-probably I'm getting old and even rattier than I used to be
    I just hope they know how to use apostrophe's properly.