58 20.07%
  • May not support based on what I have heard so far

63 21.80%
  • I am not supporting

105 36.33%
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Current level of support for Buyhibs

We've had a bit of time to think about it and digest the responses we have had on .net so after reading the articles in the Scotsman and Herald I wondered what the results on here might look like.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I've been critical of their decision to refuse a meeting with the Board, but it's the mutterings about asset stripping that really make me dubious about them.

Either be up front about these allegations or be quiet.

I have doubts about the DD model they propose, too, but was willing to be convinced on that. I am less and less sure now.

Not a definite 'no' from me, but it's not been a good start from them at all.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I'm a may not support at the moment. Was going to go along on Monday & Wednesday but would surprised if that convinced me.

Still keen to see if Hibs and LD come up with any plan.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Not a definite no from me, but so far its just been a complete farce from start to finish.

Unless they are keeping something huge for the Q&A next week where they will unveil a couple of billionaires wanting to invest, then i personally think they are pissing against the wind.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Definite no from me as things stand. They'll have to go some to change my mind.

I think a lot of their future activity will depend on what goes on at the AGM, whenever that takes place.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Not enough answers, and clarity, on the pros and cons of their proposal yet for me.

I'm trying hard to keep on open mind, but I've yet to be convinced.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    A definite no from me.

Their refusal to talk to the board is about as unprofessional a decision as I've ever heard. And one of the stupidest.

If I was serious about buying Hibs, I'd talk to anyone and everyone involved, even if I had a personal dislike of Rod Petrie.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I've moved from second top at the outset to second bottom now. I don't see any reason why the fan ownership model wouldn't 'work' in the sense that the club would survive, but BuyHibs have done nothing to convince me that it would improve our lot in the future. It certainly wouldn't in the short-term and I think it's worth considering whether we would have heard the same concerns about future ownership if the club had bumped along in the SPL top six over the last few years rather than suffer from the Calderwood/Butcher fiasco. (Pat Fenlon's omission is intentional.)

No from me, I think Hibs are starting to get things right with Stubbs, and Leeann dempster so would be good to see where it goes

@hibs.net private member
    They are certainly getting their message into the papers. Just a pity they are claiming a mandate they don't have, and the message does not bear scrutiny. Other than that they look what the are, a marketing and sales team. Very disappointing.

Current level of support for Buyhibs

I was previously not totally against this,as anything which could be for the good of Hibs should be considered,but the combination of vagueness,lack of professionalism(refusal to meet the Board),hints of impropriety against STF,the latest "demands" in Scotland on Sunday and the suggestions that all that STF wants is his "price" have totally undermined any credibility,this group ever had.

Noone can deny the last few disastrous years and the negative effect on the fans.Change is clearly essential,but it must be based on sound foundations.I am also aware that the past attitude of RP to various fan groups who could have helped has alienated many true Hibees.However at the risk of being accused of being naïve,I am at last seeing progress on and off the park and hope to see further progress being revealed at forthcoming AGM.It is unfortunate that this progress could be put at risk by ill thought out proposals,which in the case of some(not all) of those involved seem to be based on personal agendas and settling scores.
    Last edited by schinkenotto; 30-11-2014 at 11:39 AM.

Due to not being a sheep/*****bag my pledge is in

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks a bunch-nothing like civilised debate!

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Well that's persuaded me.

A sheep in another flock is still a sheep.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They should appoint you as their media spokesman, you'd definitely be an improvement.

Far too many questions left unanswered (hopefully cleared up at Q&A meeting) and for me atm we haven't had enough information about just what exactly the plan is, both short term and for the long term. I'm afraid I can't commit myself to anything that I don't have 100% confidence in so until there is far more detail, far more clarity on what will happen and most importantly more assurance that this is the best way forward for the club I can't support.

Before BuyHibs started I'd have been in favour of fan ownership, subject to the details, and would almost certainly have pledged.

When they announced their proposal I was surprised by how vague it was, as if they hadn't thought it through properly.

Since then they've been unable to answer any questions concerning their proposals and refused to meet the board.

There is very little prospect of them getting my money now, although it's a moot point because I don't see them succeeding anyway.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    It's a no from me.
    From what I've seen , they do not seem very professional .

I do not see what they bring or what they can do to ensure the long term future.

No thanks.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Coaching Staff
    No. Can't be taken seriously in anything they have said and done so dar.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    No compelling reason for change. No obvious Business Plan. Little communication with fans to date. Lack of facts and substance behind "allegations". Refusal to meet with current Board.

= shambles!

I'm also uncomfortable that certain parties have got far too personal agenda at play here.

It's a No from me because I don't know what I'm being asked to support or pledge for. Won't change until all of the above is addressed.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Sheep (n)

A person(s) who follows others without thought.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Broadly in support of fans owning 26% of the club but am not convinced by BuyHibs so far.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Classy.

Don't know what I've been worried about
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

I believe that fan ownership can work and would make a better fist of it than our current owners but BuyHibs could not have ran a worse campaign.
    My pledge is still in but they are going to have to turn things around big time for it to remain so.
    They need someone new in charge of communication for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I believe that fan ownership can work and would make a better fist of it than our current owners but BuyHibs could not have ran a worse campaign.
    My pledge is still in but they are going to have to turn things around big time for it to remain so.
    They need someone new in charge of communication for a start.
    What would fan owners do better than the current set up?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    What would fan owners do better than the current set up?
    It would rid us of Petrie and STF, under who's ownership has us playing our football in the championship, and lowered expectations so much folk are getting all excited about our progress to 4th place in that league by beating part time clubs now and again.

So what can be improved on the current set up?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It would rid us of Petrie and STF, under who's ownership has us playing our football in the championship, and lowered expectations so much folk are getting all excited about our progress to 4th place in that league by beating part time clubs now and again.
    Am with you there BH, my aim here was solely to find out how reality on one site stacked up against the hype in the sunday papers - Petrie out is long overdue but defaulting into what Buyhibs, or whoever else comes along isn't necessarily the answer as, in my view if RP wasn't there it might be possible to say that LD and her people have checked the recent decline - we have hit the bottom and maybe on the way up?

Anyway am sucked into going beyond what the poll was about - need to find a way next time to handicap each of the categories to take account of RP not being there.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby