hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stubbs/Dempster

Stubbs/Dempster

Have turned this club around. Loads of work to be done, but as an organisation, both on and off the pitch, it's night and day compared to when they took over.

As I say, more to come, the home form really needs to improve, but credit where it's due.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have turned this club around. Loads of work to be done, but as an organisation, both on and off the pitch, it's night and day compared to when they took over.

As I say, more to come, the home form really needs to improve, but credit where it's due.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Do you live in Boston? I will be there next week

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

absolutely bud, feel much better now than i did at the end of last season, as you say still loads to be done but we are heading in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Do you live in Boston? I will be there next week
    Deeping Saint James - 40 minutes south - quicker if theres no tractors Go up to Boston for the odd game, and there's plenty odd games and other oddities in Boston - what you there for?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Deeping Saint James - 40 minutes south - quicker if theres no tractors Go up to Boston for the odd game, and there's plenty odd games and other oddities in Boston - what you there for?
    Is there not a jail there? could be visiting a relative

I would say there has been improvement to a certain degree, but I would also say......hardly night and day. last season was one of the most frustrating I've witnessed as a Hibs fan. it sort of went.....we only need 5 points, we need 3 points, a point would see us safe and then what happened.

Haven't won at home for more than two months.
    Think I'll reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Is there not a jail there? could be visiting a relative
    North Sea Camp open prison - handy for popping into Boston for the day and still be home for lights out.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Wonder how Stubbs statistics compare to his recent predecessors now. Though the fact we are in a lower division needs to be taken into account.

Trig?

Stubbs and the coaches he has brought will prove to be the best thing Hibs have done in many years. Will take a little more time but with the little money he's been given he's done very well. Left with a very poor squad and now getting something out them.

Long way to go but I'm delighted we have Stubbs.

It's night and day but we were in a very, very dark place before.

Still lots to do and so long as no blogger turns that, at the moment, very dim light off at the end of the tunnel there is hope.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The signings that he's brought in have been class acts. David Gray is the best right back we've had in years, Scott Allan is outstanding, Oxley looks decent, Fontaine is a good centre back, McGeough looks very good indeed and both El Alagui and Malonga have shown their ability to find the net when playing.

He's also brought the best out of the likes of Stevenson, Cummings and others and has shown he has a plan B in terms of tactics.

Dempster has improved communication big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The signings that he's brought in have been class acts. David Gray is the best right back we've had in years, Scott Allan is outstanding, Oxley looks decent, Fontaine is a good centre back, McGeough looks very good indeed and both El Alagui and Malonga have shown their ability to find the net when playing.

He's also brought the best out of the likes of Stevenson, Cummings and others and has shown he has a plan B in terms of tactics.

Dempster has improved communication big time.
    Jury out on Fontaine for me and you totally forgot Sinclair and Kennedy?

First Team Regular
    There are definitely encouraging signs. Perhaps lessons are finally being learnt. My message to Leeann and Alan is: keep up the good work. Onwards and upwards!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I would say there has been improvement to a certain degree, but I would also say......hardly night and day. last season was one of the most frustrating I've witnessed as a Hibs fan. it sort of went.....we only need 5 points, we need 3 points, a point would see us safe and then what happened.
    Last season was horrendous. But we've been **** for years. At last we have a coach who sends a team out to play football and players that want to do it.

And it was LD who binned Butcher and brought AS in. She's had a bumpy start and made some mistakes, but she got this decision right.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Jury out on Fontaine for me and you totally forgot Sinclair and Kennedy?
    Cheer up!
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Definitely, Stubbs and Dempster will be the best signings we ever make. So far so good, to big changes, that needed to be made are being made. The home form will come in time, I've no doubt of that.

Business. Have to visit Natick mall and then Marketstreet mall in lynnefield in the afternoon. Third visit in about 3 months. Really like Boston too so no hardship lol

@hibs.net private member
    We've improved but not by the great lengths people make out. We're 16 points behind Hearts already. I said since day one this season that anything other than promotion and it's failure and I stand by that. But the football isn't eye bleeding anymore like the last few years, to be fair.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Me too. It's too early to say we've turned the corner, IMO. There have been positives in the past few weeks, but it's very early days.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Cheer up!
    That's a bit like asking night to stop being so dark 😉

Not saying Ozy is a wee bit negative sometimes or any thing 😂

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Business. Have to visit Natick mall and then Marketstreet mall in lynnefield in the afternoon. Third visit in about 3 months. Really like Boston too so no hardship lol
    Me too,it's changing a lot.plenty character pubs that haven't changed in decades.you will be near dolphin lane.pop into the indian queen if you are interested in Victorian history

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Cheer up!
    The minute we are back in the premier league, I promise.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmith1875 View Post
    Definitely, Stubbs and Dempster will be the best signings we ever make. So far so good, to big changes, that needed to be made are being made. The home form will come in time, I've no doubt of that.
    Completely agree, I think the future of the club is bright if we can hold onto these two

Over the last few years Hibs have been like a walking expedition that has been badly led and managed to wander hundreds of miles off course, no real idea of where they should be going and have taken a few stabs in the dark hoping to find the right path. LD has seemed to find out how a compass works and started to get us back onto the right track, sadly we are so far off course that is going to take a long time to find our way.

I absolve Stubbs and Dempster of almost all blame for the start to this season, previous regimes both in the boardroom and the dug out are to blame for that. We need to keep improving now and either win a play off or build a side with a chance of making a push for promotion next year.

The state the club was allowed to get into infuriates me, and that isn't based on petty sniping or rumours it's coming from the club themselves, but we are slowly making progress. Still a long road ahead though imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Me too. It's too early to say we've turned the corner, IMO. There have been positives in the past few weeks, but it's very early days.
    I accept home form remains a crucial issue that has to be sorted out but for me I have seen enough to tell me we are a club on the up and LD has to be given credit where credit is due You have to look at the mess we were in and the clear improvements made in a fairly short period of time .The next two Transfer window will improve things further if Stubbs is allowed to bring in his first choice targets .
    But agree 2015 has to see us start consistently winning at home .

As we have seen the squad is still needing added to as when we get suspensions and injuries we are not able to cope but that's not Stubbs fault

If Farid can form Partnership with Malonga then we will be onto a winning combination as they both offer different styles but both have goals in them .
    foster s injury couldn't of come at a worse time as he needs games to continue developing and he is also goal threat
    I have high hopes for next year and I am confident tide will turn in Derby games ,we just need to believe that bit more that we can beat them and when we do it once I think we will kick on

I think the jury is still out on a tactical level but the poster that mentioned the quality of the signings is spot on IMO. Getting in the right characters at the right level of ability has clearly been a problem for managers of the recent past, you only have to look at our quest for a decent right back since Whittaker left for evidence of this. Stubbs came in and solved that problem straight away.

Gray, Allan, McGeouch, Farid and Malonga, not to mention a few others that show promise, are really impressive signings and, for me, prove that it is not about screaming at the board to "break the bank" or "speculating to accumulate", it is about having a competent management team in place with an actual strategy for improvement. If we can get a couple more in at a similar level in January then I'm confident that we are on to a winner. Permanent contract for McGeouch as well please

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    No, but we also haven't lost a league game in over two months, and by November we have won only two less games than we did in all of last season. The football is good and the way we have coped with major injury setbacks in recent weeks has been excellent.

Don't underestimate the size of the task that Stubbs and Dempster had ahead of them when they came in. We are improving, of that there is no doubt, and there is much to be positive about - if you choose to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    No, but we also haven't lost a league game in over two months, and by November we have won only two less games than we did in all of last season. The football is good and the way we have coped with major injury setbacks in recent weeks has been excellent.

Don't underestimate the size of the task that Stubbs and Dempster had ahead of them when they came in. We are improving, of that there is no doubt, and there is much to be positive about - if you choose to be.

I'm happy at the way Dempster and Stubbs have been working so far but the bit in bold is a difficult one to make a genuine comparison, as we are now one league lower. TBH, I'd expect an improvement in results merely based on the difference in opposition.

That's not meant to be negative but just trying to get an honest appraisal of how far we've come.