hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Booing at the end

Okay, that wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. Bear in mind we had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front, and still dominated the game, just couldn't get the goal.

Seriously, if you were one of the boo-boys at the end today hang your head in shame. For me that is half the battle at Easter Road at times, the hindrance from the home support getting on the players' backs.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We are 16 points off the top of the table and we had just drawn another very winnable game. I can understand the booing. Not that I took part right enough.

Is booing at the end a new thing?

Reason I ask is it seems to be getting a lot of attention the last couple of years on here yet I can remember it happening way back when I 1st started attending football and don't really remember it being an issue. If the team played poorly there was a boo at full time then everybody went home and that was that.

It seems we have discussions about it all the time now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I didn't boo but I understand why folk did.

We are 4th in the championship, just drawn nil nil and barely even created a chance. on top of that we've not won at home in about a hundred years so of course people are getting frustrated.

@hibs.net private member
    It was garbage. We're 16 points of Hearts and we're not even into December. It's disgraceful.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was garbage. We're 16 points of Hearts and we're not even into December. It's disgraceful.
    Correct.

Negativity breeds negativity, and too many of our support are a hindrance in this respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is booing at the end a new thing?

Reason I ask is it seems to be getting a lot of attention the last couple of years on here yet I can remember it happening way back when I 1st started attending football and don't really remember it being an issue. If the team played poorly there was a boo at full time then everybody went home and that was that.

It seems we have discussions about it all the time now.

I've supported Hibs for 50 years and it has always been like that when the fans are left disappointed at the end of a game. It's absolutely not new.

I can remember Turnbull's Tornadoes being booed at the end of a game at ER they lost! The point also to bear in mind though is that booing at the end of a match doesn't just happen at ER.

Just listen to the booing at Ibrox, Celtic Park, Tynecastle, or any ground you care to choose, when their teams lose and/or turn in a disappointing draw against a team they expect to beat. Hibs fans are no different in this respect.

As you say PB it seems to have become an issue on these threads, with some posters seemingly having some sort of agenda whereby they just cannot wait to raise it again and again. Why?

Booing at the end happens everywhere.

It's booing during the game that's harmful, especially when it's aimed at the current scapegoat.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Maybe they were booing the QOTS players / management for their anti football crap . Parking the bus and happy to get a point . Ffs were not Barcalona .

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Booing at the end happens everywhere.

It's booing during the game that's harmful, especially when it's aimed at the current scapegoat.
    Spot on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Maybe they were booing the QOTS players / management for their anti football crap . Parking the bus and happy to get a point . Ffs were not Barcalona .

Ggtth
    Good point. I for one am sick and tired of teams like this coming to ER with no intention whatsoever of playing for anything other than a draw, killing the game stone dead, time wasting, gamesmanship, stopping Hibs playing, and generally ruining the game as an entertaining spectacle which I pay a lot of money to watch.

Is it any wonder spectators let their feelings be known at being cheated in this way? Add in the fact they are disappointed that Hibs were unable to break them down, and I would hardly expect a standing ovation at the end FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Negativity breeds negativity, and too many of our support are a hindrance in this respect.
    Bronson, I left before the end and did not hear the booing. I jokingly text my QOTS colleague who was at the game saying I was leaving before they scored. You are correct though, negativity does breed negativity and too many of our PLAYERS are a hindrance in this respect.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

Ggtth
    We are a much bigger team than QOTS so it's understandable that they'd come and play the way they did at a place like ER. It's not anti-football and I'd be happy to see Hibs play that way under the correct circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I didn't boo but I understand why folk did.

We are 4th in the championship, just drawn nil nil and barely even created a chance. on top of that we've not won at home in about a hundred years so of course people are getting frustrated.
    This, a thousand times over. Again, didn't boo myself but it was a pretty dismal performance all round.

I remember booing Turnbull's tornadoes after getting beat - so what? we didn't boo during the game so I'll take it as another step in the right direction - onwards and upwards.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I thought the fans were very patient given our dreadful home record over the last few seasons. Can't blame anyone who booed that although I didn't.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    I remember booing Turnbull's tornadoes after getting beat - so what? we didn't boo during the game so I'll take it as another step in the right direction - onwards and upwards.
    I'm not sure if the point I was trying to make has escaped you when you say "so what". I know the supporters didn't boo during the game.

I was simply trying to make the point that booing at the end of games is nothing new, it's being happening at football matches since the year dot, at all clubs grounds, not just at ER.

What do you mean by I'll take it as another step in the right direction? The fact that the fans didn't boo during the game?

Okay, wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. We had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Nonsense.

They were booed after the FT whistle, during the game they got the backing and the fans weren't on the players backs, the players need to step it up at home.

Please don't go down the line that it's all the fans fault.

They were booed at FT, big deal, they played crap, there was plenty of clapping straight after the booing stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    We are a much bigger team than QOTS so it's understandable that they'd come and play the way they did at a place like ER. It's not anti-football and I'd be happy to see Hibs play that way under the correct circumstances.
    They are third in the table 3 points in front of Hibs. Are they scared of us? Teams like this are killing football. It's awful watching stuff like that.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    They are third in the table 3 points in front of Hibs. Are they scared of us? Teams like this are killing football. It's awful watching stuff like that.
    Spot on EG . We beat Rangers many times 3-0 at Ipox by playing football the proper way , not by parking the bus . **** all the anti football killing the game ricks .

Ggtth

Okay, that wasn't the greatest spectacle I've ever seen, but it wasn't worthy of the chorus of boos at the end from a large proportion of our fans. Bear in mind we had 6 starting XI players (Malonga, El Alagui, Robertson, Oxley, McGeouch and Forster) out today, and a bunch of young laddies up front, and still dominated the game, just couldn't get the goal.

Seriously, if you were one of the boo-boys at the end today hang your head in shame. For me that is half the battle at Easter Road at times, the hindrance from the home support getting on the players' backs.

You could flip that around though. Maybe half the battle at Easter Road is that a section of our fans have been willing to accept a level mediocracy over the last few years .

Spot on EG . We beat Rangers many times 3-0 at Ipox by playing football the proper way , not by parking the bus . **** all the anti football killing the game ricks .

Ggtth
    Cheers EGB. Glad someone else feels the same as me!

The way I looked at it was that the crowd was dying to cheer the team on all day, but they never, or rarely, produced anything to merit it. Frustration, I suppose, is the word and despair at a team that can turn it on against rankgers and them, but constantly underperform against, so called, smaller teams. Personally I didn't boo, but I can certainly understand why those that did, did.

First Team Breakthrough
    It was a frustrating day but I didn't boo although this old guy made it well known that a Hibs side should be taking sides like QOS to the cleaners & it wasn't good enough.

There are too many sides coming to ER with the sole aim of getting a draw and nothing else, to them its an achievement. Fair enough, we are a big team in this league and they will see taking points off us as something to cheer.

First Team Breakthrough Audio Visual's Avatar
    That's simply wrong. I had already left by full time, yet again disillusioned by another limp performance. I did not boo during the game, nor berate the players; nor would I have at the end of 90 minutes. However, we were, yet again, not good enough to take care of a team that we should brush aside at home, injuries or not. It's too easy to blame the fans for the players' and management's shortcomings. Simply, we were not good enough. Again.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio Visual View Post
    That's simply wrong. I had already left by full time, yet again disillusioned by another limp performance. I did not boo during the game, nor berate the players; nor would I have at the end of 90 minutes. However, we were, yet again, not good enough to take care of a team that we should brush aside at home, injuries or not. It's too easy to blame the fans for the players' and management's shortcomings. Simply, we were not good enough. Again.
    Agreed. I'm surprised there wasn't more booing at the end. Both teams and management deserved a good booing for serving up a dreadful borefest of an afternoon.

We can't win football games at home . Plus our laddies need to start performing because we need them .

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar
    you're not being negative, are you?
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here