hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Harris out on loan?

The boy has ability but every time he gets the ball I can't help but think that he looks absolutely terrified. No confidence at all and just looks timid. We have seen before what he is capable of but since his spell out injured he hasn't been the same. Does anyone else reckon that perhaps a loan spell out to a 2nd or 3rd division club might be beneficial for him? I think maybe a loan spell where he can play week in week out and hopefully build up a bit of fitness and most importantly his confidence again.

When he's on top form he's very exciting to watch and has the quick feet and the pace to beat defenders but at the moment he just looks far too light weight and practically terrified with the ball at his feet.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    His first thought when getting the ball is to cut back and find a pass in field. No interest in taking a man on anymore! I'd agree a loan out would be a good move at this point.

I'm not sure.

Last season everyone was saying a loan move to a 1st division club would do him the world of good, now he's at a 1st division club and still looks poor.

Personally I think it's a mental thing with Harris. He really needs to get over that injury, if he needs help with that psychologically then he should get it. Yes it was a bad tackle but many, many players young and old have had bad injuries and a hell of a lot of them have come back quicker and better than Harris has.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff
    Not convinced he's actually any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nor am I. Living on one game against what was, at the time, a lower league team.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Nor am I. Living on one game against what was, at the time, a lower league team.
    I agree that his finest moment was in the Falkirk semi-final but I definatly thought that between that game and his injury he looked very promising and exciting. I definatly think there is ability in there somewhere but for some reason he has lost his sharpness and his threat and like i say, seems to have become very timid.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post
    The boy has ability but every time he gets the ball I can't help but think that he looks absolutely terrified. No confidence at all and just looks timid. We have seen before what he is capable of but since his spell out injured he hasn't been the same. Does anyone else reckon that perhaps a loan spell out to a 2nd or 3rd division club might be beneficial for him? I think maybe a loan spell where he can play week in week out and hopefully build up a bit of fitness and most importantly his confidence again.

When he's on top form he's very exciting to watch and has the quick feet and the pace to beat defenders but at the moment he just looks far too light weight and practically terrified with the ball at his feet.
    Does he have the ability though?

The title of the thread is two words too long.

If Stubbs charged him very time he passed or moved backwards he would owe Hibs money.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure.

Last season everyone was saying a loan move to a 1st division club would do him the world of good, now he's at a 1st division club and still looks poor.
    I'm not sure if you meant that as a joke but I liked it.

@hibs.net private member
    Really where could he go on too? He's not good enough for the championship, so he would be looking at a part time club. Like many off the present team Hibs will be the peak off their career

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    who was it that gave the young laddie a forever long contract ?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    We've had a few players go off the boil in my lifetime but I've never seen anything as bad as this. It's like watching a different player entirely! Don't think it can even be a confidence thing anymore.
    It's a bit of a myth to say he only had one good game against Falkirk. He looked lovely in almost every game he played at the end of that season. Great on his debut when he came on against Hearts at ER, brilliant at Tynie in our 2-1 win, great first half at Killie when he scored in the abandoned game. He used to just glide past players with ease. Looks like he couldn't glide past a traffic cone now

*lively in every game that should say. Lovely as well though 😊

He is never a football player in a million years.

Give it a rest.

He has potential, does not show it. But we don't have a lot of options, today showed that.

Why not try and support him? Radical, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    He is never a football player in a million years.
    Apart from when he was, of course. Less than a million years ago.

He's not very good and has the heart of a mouse.
    Him and Handling are the new Callum Booth.

Might be proved wrong but I don't think he's got a future with us. Had a few decent games in what feels like decades ago but the laddie can't tackle, take on a defender or cross.

Either out on loan or out completely. He's doing absolutely nothing for the team and should have been substituted earlier than he was today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He's not very good and has the heart of a mouse.
    Him and Handling are the new Callum Booth.
    4 years for handling is clearly some kind of sick joke. That's up there with Moyes giving nani a 5year deal at United.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Give it a rest.

He has potential, does not show it. But we don't have a lot of options, today showed that.

Why not try and support him? Radical, I know!
    Every time he pulls on a hibs jersey, like with every other hibs player, I will support him 100%. My point was that I think he would benefit from a loan spell away and in turn hopefully come back to us a much fitter, more confident player.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb
    I've nothing against Harris but for me it's clear he simply isn't good enough for Hibs or Premiership and Championship.

His ankle injury has destroyed all the early promise and his confidence has suffered irreparably.

Strongest 11 I think we're a match for anyone but 2 or 3 players down and I'm afraid we're simply not good enough. That's Falkirk, Raith, Dumbarton & Queens all came to Easter Road sat in and said "come on and break us down" and we've been unable to.

Every time he pulls on a hibs jersey, like with every other hibs player, I will support him 100%. My point was that I think he would benefit from a loan spell away and in turn hopefully come back to us a much fitter, more confident player.
    Thing is, he's doing well for the 20's. If we were to punt him out on loan then he would be playing at a fairly similar level. He's playing for a big fish in a small pond at the moment and still looks completely lost

'S' Form

Should never have started today

I think he has been reasonable coming on late for 10-15 minutes and was allowing him to rebuild some confidence.

Starting today was a bad shout by Stubbs. He was upfront with other young players in Handling and Cummings and his
    confidence disappeared very quickly. He is afraid to put in a tackle and should never start a game until is confidence is
    back.

Does he have a future with Hibs. I will reserve judgement.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Nah, he had some great games at the end of that season - e.g. hearts away when he ripped up McHattie for arsepaper. OK bottom 6 games but he looked the part in all of them, not just the semi.

That was the final straw today for me though - Stubbs maybe thinks he can't play wide now but he's not doing in in attacking midfield, support striker or whatever. So disappointing.

He has the pace to cause defenders problems but he is so lacking in confidence that he's not even trying to take anyone on. Therefore, he is a wasted jersey which should go to someone like Stanton, Lewis Allan or Sinclair.

Shame, but he's nowhere near first team material and given our position in the leagues that's a piss poor assessment of his form.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    A loan spell to who though, Forfar, Ayr Utd, i don't no, he should be stepping up this season, I'm not buying the "lacking in confidence any more" he is fully fit playing in a unbeaten side and he is struggling to do anything of note in games and we are playing in the Championship against some part time sides as well and it is just not happening for him.

I said it at the start of the season that this is a massive season for the young guys at the club, (Harris Stanton Handling Cummings and Forster) and they would need to prove there worth in this league, so far only two have shown that and one of them is injured, I'm not writing any of them of yet but a few of them need to get the finger out and show the potential they have shown in the past or they might not be at Hibs next season, they need to start raising there game sharpish.

Quote Originally Posted by MixerKev View Post
    4 years for handling is clearly some kind of sick joke. That's up there with Moyes giving nani a 5year deal at United.
    I have to agree with this, I can't see how he's earned that kind of contract.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    he has had too many chances and has failed to live up to the early promise, time to move on he aint going to make it, another jamie mccluskie im afraid.

It's a shame that he's in the public glare at the moment as he's clearly nowhere near the level that should be expected of a first team player at Hibs.

Obviously injuries have meant that Harris has to play right now but he's contributed very little for a long time now and there has to come a time when Stubbs should be considering sending him out on loan somewhere for six months.