View Poll Results: Should Rod Petrie Remain On The Board

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Rod Petrie Should REMAIN ON The Board

44 15.12%
  • No - Rod Petrie Should LEAVE The Board

247 84.88%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Rod Petrie - Now The Dust Has Settled A Bit......

We're five months down the line from that day in May and on the face of it things seem to have moved on. The new CEO has made a number of changes and the new backroom team at East Mains is beginning to make progress. Performances have definitely improved, even if we're not quite seeing the results we want yet.

So the question is a simple Yes or No. Should Rod Petrie remain on the board?

The last poll on the subject, which was run at the end of May, showed around 85% in favour of him leaving. It'll be interesting to see if that's changed in any way. You can see that poll here........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...-of-Rod-Petrie

As for me, I still stand by what was said here........

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?392-...nt-of-29th-May

We all had a right good chuckle when Vladimir Romanov emptied George Burley on the basis that he was "damaging the club every day", but it would be difficult to argue that this isn't exactly what's happening here. If he genuinely has the best interest of the club at heart he'll remove himself from the board ahead of the half season tickets launch and join STF on the back burner, only making himself available when needed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Just to add, if you have an opinion on this then please take a moment to vote. The more votes that are registered the more relevant the poll.

Nothing has changed as regards his presence at the club.
    He should go.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Petrie Out.

There will be people that will never believe a word that comes out of the club or come to games until he is gone. We need these people, so get him to **** sooner rather than later.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Now the dust has settled bit, Petrie should still **** off.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

My feelings haven't changed at all.

Someone who has been in charge of an organisation which has experienced the sort of decline that has been seen at Hibs over the last four or five years would normally lose their job in any other business.

I don't see how the CEO of a company, which has performed as badly as we have, could seriously think that they can continue in their role.

The fact that there are signs of recovery right now are largely irrelevant as far as this discussion is concerned, in my opinion.

He has to go. If one or two thousand fans are staying away through him, how much is it costing the club?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    There's one vote thus far for him to remain. Good evening, Rodders. It's nice of you to join us.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

He has to go.

As long as he remains a decent number of fans, probably a majority, will not fully buy into the new regime.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has to go. If one or two thousand fans are staying away through him, how much is it costing the club?
    If he goes I'd be stunned if one or two thousand fans suddenly started to attend again!
    This is how it feels

Nothings changed for me ....... Hibs will move on properly when he has gone.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Nothing has changed for me.

He has to go.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    I'll support the club no matter who may or may not ne in charge. I know many fellow hibees who don't share my views and refuse to attend whilst he's still there, I don't blame them. We are just beginning to turn the corner following some encouraging results/performances however I can't see us totally moving on whilst he continues to haunt the corridors of Easter Road. To cut a long story short.....f*** off Rodd!!

Yep, he's still got to go IMO, but it ain't gonna happen soon, that's for sure.

Petrie's problem is that if he isn't at the helm on footballing matters, as he claims, he's doing nothing now but drawing a wage, having zilch to do with our revival. He should go. We can just about handle an absentee owner, but a chairman in a tier above a CEO - what's the point? Anyway, I'm delighted with Dempster and Stubbs and resent giving any more energy out thinking about the Tache, which I suspect is what he wants, but it's where I'm at.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Petrie Petrie GTF Petrie GTF.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    What value does he bring in still being here?

Egotistical, self interested tosser who is only still here to suit his own, SFA, ends.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    As long as performances on the park continue to improve then quite frankly I ain'too fussed over what is happening in the boardroom.
    Better the devil you know does have some merit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

Egotistical, self interested tosser who is only still here to suit his own, SFA, ends.
    I've been lucky enough to enjoy hospitality a couple of times this year and on both occasions he was wandering around the 1875 restaurant in the vain attempt of striking up a conversation with a table or two. His presence put me off my main course!:)

@hibs.net private member
    Has to go

First Team Breakthrough
    I think he should reverse Movember and shave his tache for charity before his long overdue departure. He must go or many like me will not return whilst he remains.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    The club will never move forward whilst he's still involved and can still GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

I'm assuming it is not just his own ends. Surely there must be some benefit to STF having the man representing his interests at the club he owns also being a leading voice within the SFA? I imagine as a club we would also want that. Someone from our board being in the loop rather than our being on the outside looking in.

If that is why he is still here then we have to let it go right? He is STF's man and will be around as long as STF needs him to be. As long as STF owns the club presumably.

Im happy enough that the running of the football side of things has been passed over to LD. I believe that we are turning the corner with Stubbs as head coach. I feel that we are still on the razors edge though and all we can do to get past that is follow up positive results with more positive results.

Results more than anything will get fans believing again.

@hibs.net private member
    He's still got to go

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Mo View Post
    I think he should reverse Movember and shave his tache for charity before his long overdue departure. He must go or many like me will not return whilst he remains.
    He's saving that for Fanyuary.

He has shown incredible arrogance to sit tight. He accepts no responsibility whatsoever obviously for our years of decline on his watch. The quicker he leaves our club the better.

It's important to recognise that Petrie deserves a lot of credit for both the infrastructure and the solid financial backing that he has given managers without jeopardising the club's financial stability.

Once that is acknowledged, it is appropriate to then look at the succession of poor managerial appointments culminating in the single-minded pursuit of Butcher which resulted in our relegation last year, and the mounting cost of repeatedly sacking those managers whilst replacing the dud players that they signed. It is also worth noting that under Petrie the football structure has deteriorated to such an extent that the new chief executive has had to rebuild from scratch.

On balance, there is only one possible conclusion which is that the conduit must go.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Sad thing is, the dust has settled and he's still here using up our valuable dust.

Oot.

He will never make me stop going ,but I really want him to GTF ,but understand he is going nowhere until Farmer agrees an exit Strategy ,.as they are like Simese Twins ,hard to separate

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Has to go.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net