2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Outstanding
    This is how it feels

Left by mutual consent!
    It would be...but I'm against the funds raised from the auction going to the HfH charity, as it's been proven that donated funds are often spent building shelters and recovery centres rather than the money going direct to the soldiers.

It's not a charity I agree with.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    A century on. This is good to see.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Excellent initiative and well done both clubs. Bit of sympathy with Sergey's comments as well. Heard rumours of wrongdoings at HfH but they were never substantiated as far as I am aware. Erskine would have been better IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Want to say that witnessing the work the HfH does,British Legion, White Ensign and numerous other military charities that we should be proud as a nation that we manage to raise the funds to help.

My nephew was killed I'n Jan 13 I'n a road traffic accident, his girlfriend was in a coma and couldnt look after their 5 week old and his girlfriends 6 year old.

I was given £250 towards the flight home from the Gulf. To help watch the children while my sister buried her son.The money was not for me per say, but to help out with a serviceman's family I'n the time of need.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for every member of the general public who put into these charities and help out service men and woman and their families I'n our time of need.

So as a veteran who once used the military charity can I say from the bottom of my heart, thank you so very very much.

GGTTH

Proud of the club !

ggtth

A dignified and proportionate gesture by Hibs & Queen of the South.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Want to say that witnessing the work the HfH does,British Legion, White Ensign and numerous other military charities that we should be proud as a nation that we manage to raise the funds to help.

My nephew was killed I'n Jan 13 I'n a road traffic accident, his girlfriend was in a coma and couldnt look after their 5 week old and his girlfriends 6 year old.

I was given £250 towards the flight home from the Gulf. To help watch the children while my sister buried her son.The money was not for me per say, but to help out with a serviceman's family I'n the time of need.

I have nothing but the utmost respect for every member of the general public who put into these charities and help out service men and woman and their families I'n our time of need.

So as a veteran who once used the military charity can I say from the bottom of my heart, thank you so very very much.

GGTTH
    No one is disputing the cause, but it's perfectly legitimate to ask questions about how specific charities spend the money they receive. HfH receive huge amounts of money, and I'm not particularly convinced by them either.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    A dignified and proportionate gesture by Hibs & Queen of the South.
    Did we clear this with Hearts first?

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    Sorry to hear what happened to your family and thanks for telling us about the help you received.

Sorry, i just see they Army faces as Rangers fans.

Major McCrae's propaganda piece should be nowhere near a Hibs shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Canongatehibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post

Oh dear.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    No one is disputing the cause, but it's perfectly legitimate to ask questions about how specific charities spend the money they receive. HfH receive huge amounts of money, and I'm not particularly convinced by them either.
    That's perfectly fine, your untitled to your opinion and I respect that. However I am led to believe that HfH pay out vast amounts towards rehabilitation to servicemen and woman. Infact I believe they helped build several rehabilitation centres round the country and put vast amounts into the main military hospital I'n Birmingham that help with numerous casualties.

GGTTH

Quite surprised the thread made it into double figures before this pish reared its ugly head.

@hibs.net private member
    Was a supporters led initiative from Working Together, offers of tickets have also been made to RAF Club, Navy Club and Hibs Supporters Associations. If you were in the forces or know of someone please contact Tickets for Troops or enquire at the Legion if you are a member.

The Management at the Club have been great and John Miller from WT has put in a power of work to make this happen. Well done John

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Quite surprised the thread made it into double figures before this pish reared its ugly head.

Still doesn't make it any less embarrassing though.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post

Still doesn't make it any less embarrassing though.

The really sad thing is that it was inevitable that the Thread would take a turn for the worse.

The concept of keeping quiet if you having nothing nice to say seems to bypass some people.

What a load of pash. My brother served in the Scots Guards for 11 years, established an unofficial Hounslow HSC and is now the President of the Australian HSC. There are also serving forces (and ex) personnel who currently post on here.

A line from a poem? Jeezo

If that doesn't qualify as trolling, someone needs to explain trolling to me again.

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    A line from a poem? Jeezo
    So any poem would be acceptable, because "it's just a line from a poem?"

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    I have, thankfully, never been in the forces and had to put my life on the line for my country. What I do know though is if I had been in that situation I really couldn't care if the guy beside me was a Rangers fan, a hearts player or anyone else for that matter.

The club are making a fantastic gesture here to say a small thank-you to the people who have, and continue to, put their lives on the line for us. They have acknowledged the part their family play in it by extending the invite to them as well. They have invited QOS to be involved on the day too reinforcing the all in it together aspect.

A solemn remembrance would be appropriate, this is not remembrance, it's the very opposite. Look at the flag they are holding "Support" not "remember", what has giving out tickets out to present day forces got to do with remembering? Absolutely nothing, if the club wishes to be a cheerleader for the military, blindly backing "our boys & girls" then at least be honest about it rather than pretending it has anything to do with remembrance. Some people will clearly be happy to go along with that, but accept that many of us won't.

A solemn remembrance would be appropriate, this is not remembrance, it's the very opposite. Look at the flag they are holding "Support" not "remember", what has giving out tickets out to present day forces got to do with remembering? Absolutely nothing, if the club wishes to be a cheerleader for the military, blindly backing "our boys & girls" then at least be honest about it rather than pretending it has anything to do with remembrance. Some people will clearly be happy to go along with that, but accept that many of us won't.
    Your first attempt at attacking this was to have a go at them for using the line from a War Poem, which was from the first world war. You've now abandoned that and accused this of not being about anyone from the World wars and just about supporting current soldiers. I am sure if Hibs could hand out tickets to soldiers and their immediate families from WW1 and 2, they would... unfortunately not many of these heroes are around nowadays.

Nobody is asking you to pay for their tickets. What is the problem with making such a gesture towards current soldiers and their families on the same day as we pay tribute to those who fell for us, all those years ago. Bear in mind - these soldiers are ordinary people like you and I, many of them likely friends of people on here. Really don't get your issue.

"oncrack" indeed.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I don't see why anyone should be negative about either "supporting" or "remembering". As for your "cheerleader for the military" comment, I find it both pathetic and ignorant in the extreme.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    well done to both Hibs and QOS for this, hopefully those that get tickets have a nice day with their friends and family.

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    Sorry i just see your post as pathetic.
    45 AND RISING

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    A solumn Remembrance of those who have fallen and a thank-you to those who survived and / or still serve seems appropriate and that is what the club are doing. The flag is from one of the organisations who has helped distribute the tickets. Seems that you are just looking for faults that are not there for some reason.