hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liam Miller

Coaching Staff

Liam Miller

Has been released by mutual consent from his contract by Brisbane Roar 3 games into the season after failing to turn up to play as an over age player in a youth match.

Rumours-and that is all they are, that he could not get on with Ian Ferguson who was the assistant there.

The statement basically said he had been released to pursue further football opportunities.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has been released by mutual consent from his contract by Brisbane Roar 3 games into the season after failing to turn up to play as an over age player in a youth match.

Rumours-and that is all they are, that he could not get on with Ian Ferguson who was the assistant there.

The statement basically said he had been released to pursue further football opportunities.
    Signing for Hearts. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by RicheyWhite View Post
    Signing for Hearts. Fact.
    Let's boo him.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Let's boo him.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

If Ferguson is as much of a prick off the pitch as he was on it then I'm not surprised.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Good player who was capable of jaw dropping moments of quality

Good player who I really enjoyed watching in a hibs shirt.

Best midfielder I've seen at Hibs in 25 years and considering I loved Brown, Thomson, Boozy and Pat McGinlay thats saying something, was a superb footballer

Shocked we actually signed a player of his calibre considering only a few years before he was playing champions league with Celtic and United.

At Easter Road we play...

First Team Breakthrough
    For the first 9 months of hibs career he was top notch. Faded from then (as did the team) and many were content with him leaving. Scott Allan reminds me of him abit, in that both are always looking for that killer ball which is great to see.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman1875 View Post
    Shocked we actually signed a player of his calibre considering only a few years before he was playing champions league with Celtic and United.

At Easter Road we play...
    Petries fault!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    For the first 9 months of hibs career he was top notch. Faded from then (as did the team) and many were content with him leaving. Scott Allan reminds me of him abit, in that both are always looking for that killer ball which is great to see.
    Miller & McBride were a superb midfield partnership...and then all of a sudden their form fell of a cliff. Weird.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kane96 View Post
    Said the same recently. Similar signings in that both had recently played at a much higher level. Equally surprised when both were announced

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Best midfielder I've seen at Hibs in 25 years and considering I loved Brown, Thomson, Boozy and Pat McGinlay thats saying something, was a superb footballer
    Really better than latapy

First Team Breakthrough
    Couldn't lace boozys boots

Better than Sauzee and Latapy?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Latapy was the best by a mile .

Ggtth

Liam Miller was the start of the slow pedestrian football we have been watching these last few years.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Miller & McBride were a superb midfield partnership...and then all of a sudden their form fell of a cliff. Weird.
    McBride got an injury he never recovered from and that was that.

Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    Couldn't lace boozys boots
    Liam Miller is a far better footballer than Beuzelin.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Liam Miller had a handful of games where he was peerless, but he was a disappointment overall. Should have been an 8/10 player every week, but he barely stood out for much of his time here.

Nowhere near the best midfielder we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Liam Miller had a handful of games where he was peerless, but he was a disappointment overall. Should have been an 8/10 player every week, but he barely stood out for much of his time here.

That's my memory of Miller, struggling to remember the player a few on here seem to be.

He had a few games in which he showed what he was capable off and was undoubtedly a talented player but overall he had more games that could kindly be described as mediocre than he had outstanding ones.

His career has been something of a nomadic one for a reason.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    He was very good for us on his day but not even in the same league as Sauzee, Latapy, Brown, Thomson and Boozy. Not even close

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Liam Miller was an outstanding footballer for us. I was shocked when we signed him. As mentioned, he was still young and had been playing Champions League football with Man United and Celtic, not too shabby at all ion your CV!

He scored a few beauties for us too. He was great to watch, rarely wasted a pass and always looked to get forward. Him, Allan, Robertson and Mcgeough in the midfield!? Would be scary how strong we'd be..

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    That's my memory of Miller, struggling to remember the player a few on here seem to be.

He had a few games in which he showed what he was capable off and was undoubtedly a talented player but overall he had more games that could kindly be described as mediocre than he had outstanding ones.

His career has been something of a nomadic one for a reason.

Not doubting his football ability but he had far too many appearances for Hibs where I got the impression that he was simply going through the motions. I suspect that his apparent lack of desire was one of the reasons we managed to sign the guy in the first place.

I would consider Miller's Hibs career as much of a success as Kevin Thomson's second stint. Exciting on paper, but a disappointment in reality, with neither player anywhere near as influential as they should have been.

Exactly my opinion of him too. When he wanted to play well he could - his performance at Parkhead when Danny Galbraith scored the winner was maybe the best midfield performance I've seen from a Hibs player - as you say, peerless.

It happened way too infrequently for someone of his undoubted ability, though there may have been mitigating factors. He was good when supported by his mate McBride, and when he got his head up to play in decent players up front and out wide he was superb. McBride's injury and the brutal asset-stripping of the first team and the replacement of decent and good players with hopelessly inferior alternatives took its toll on him. The better the players around him and the bigger the stage the better he was. Unfortunately a bad time for him to be at ER then.

Latapy was the best for me. Never gave the ball away and it wasn't always a case of him taking the easy option either. Magnificent player.
    Last edited by Smartie; 02-11-2014 at 05:14 PM.

Most obvious selection of midfielders to be way, way better than Miller: -

Sauzee
    Latapy
    Collins
    Brown
    Thomson
    McGinlay
    O'Neill

I'd also class the likes of Zemmama, Claros, Stewart and Boozy as far better players for Hibs. Also add in John O'Neil, there are many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank Schrader View Post
    Liam Miller is a far better footballer than Beuzelin.
    Miller's reputation derives from some early career transfers that were based on potential more than anything else.

There are lots of people who've played a few games for Celtic or a couple for Manchester United (even in the CL) and then gone to smaller teams because ultimately - they didn't have the right attributes for the higher level.

Don't get me wrong -clearly that's no disgrace. Liam Miller was a good player but not as good as his early career transfers suggested.

Beuzelin was more of a late developer IMHO and, if he had shown when he was 18/19 the skills he did at Hibs - or if he hadn't suffered that serious injury when at Easter Road, he might have had a shot at the big time like Miller.

Beuzelin was a class act and helped people around him play - particularly in the way he could comfortably receive a pass in a tight situation and then move the ball on. He was crucial to the style of football the team played at that time because his technical skills made it easier for us to pass the ball out from the back through him.

Miller doesn't seem to have lived up to the potential consistently anywhere he's been - although there may be various reasons for that. Beuzelin was superb to watch and integral to the team's style of play. More importantly though - I think he delivered consistently over an extended period which elevates him above Miller.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Most obvious selection of midfielders to be way, way better than Miller: -

Sauzee
    Latapy
    Collins
    Brown
    Thomson
    McGinlay
    O'Neill

I'd also class the likes of Zemmama, Claros, Stewart and Boozy as far better players for Hibs. Also add in John O'Neil, there are many others.
    McGeough and Allan are better