hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dylan McGeouch

Dylan McGeouch

Thought he was a class act yesterday - always wanting the and showed great hunger and fight.

We should be trying to show ambition and build our team around him - both him and Allen linked up well. Robertson did well also - form which he showed when he first arrived at Hibs before he was injured.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Both him and Allan were fantastic. Showings that deserve to be in the green and white.

The midfield three are gelling into a great unit now.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Someone said he's out the Dundee utd game on Wednesday. Not sure if that's because of the loan agreement, suspension or injury. Anyone know if that's true?

He got sent off in last round

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got sent off in last round
    Forgot about that, cheers

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    He was suspended for the league game so don't think he is suspended vs Utd

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    2 match ban

Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Think he missed our next game after the sending off. Then next game in the competition.

Will be a big miss.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Huge miss,

If he is out, I would move Allan to the right and give Stanton a run out on the left of the diamond, please don't bring Craig back in whatever he does

He's been brilliant recently, fast, skilful and hard in the tackle. He will be missed on Wednesday but will be an asset in the sem final!! If Kennedy, Stanton or Harris come in they will have to work harder than they did yesterday.

Checked SFA website and he is suspended unfortunately.

Really impressed with Dylan so far. Glad he's taking his chance with both hands (and feet)

Hope no other teams are taking notice as I really really really want us to sign him. He won't get a game at celtic especially now that Callum mcgregor has broken through. Please LD get a deal sorted!

McGeoch fits what we need.

Yeah was fantastic yesterday. When is his Celtic contract up? Would be great to get him permanently.

McGeoch is the best player in the team right now. Allan is a star in the making but still a bit raw. They both need better players in front of and behind them.

Left by mutual consent!
    As good as Dylan has been i'm very much looking forward to getting our captain back in for the game against UTD..

Really reminds me if Scott brown with his style of play

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    As good as Dylan has been i'm very much looking forward to getting our captain back in for the game against UTD..
    Also been a big miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic#7 View Post
    Who, Liam Craig? Not that I want to slag him off, but DM is ten times the player Craig is. I think I must be having a whoosh moment.

Great wee player.

Exactly the kind of player I pay my money to watch. Get him signed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    DM has quickly become an integral part of the side. I actually think credit is due to Stubbs for recognising he's not a wide player but someone who can sit centrally and dictate things. It's a risk trusting such a young player with that role but Dylan deserves that.

As for Scott Allan, what a coup. We are lucky to have a player with his insight and ability. He's one of those guys whose contribution will grow alongside the improvement we will see in the team.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    DM has quickly become an integral part of the side. I actually think credit is due to Stubbs for recognising he's not a wide player but someone who can sit centrally and dictate things. It's a risk trusting such a young player with that role but Dylan deserves that.

As for Scott Allan, what a coup. We are lucky to have a player with his insight and ability. He's one of those guys whose contribution will grow alongside the improvement we will see in the team.
    Yep, I was really, really impressed with the way these two got about Hearts in the first hour on Sunday - it's the most creative and fluent I've seen us in a derby for a long, long time. Not that that's saying much it really has to be said.

Between the two I think we potentially have the most mobile and inventive central midfield in the league, and arguably further up the pile if you consider the lack of quality in the premiership. I also think Allan still has a bit to go fitness wise so there's room for improvement. Hopefully we can keep them fit and build the team around them over the next few months. Even if the title is beyond us, as long as we have improved sufficiently come the playoffs (assuming we qualify) then there's no reason to think we can't get promoted this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Absolutely, both players are going to get better as the season goes on, the type of player I want to pay to watch and the quality I hope starts coming through the academy. Both I expect will go onto play down South and without trying to be critical, what I want from handling Harris Stanton etc

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Absolutely, both players are going to get better as the season goes on, the type of player I want to pay to watch and the quality I hope starts coming through the academy. Both I expect will go onto play down South and without trying to be critical, what I want from handling Harris Stanton etc
    Yes. Agree with that, sad to say though. It should be our expectation, sign of Hibs being a healthy club.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Boyle89 View Post
    Hope no other teams are taking notice as I really really really want us to sign him. He won't get a game at celtic especially now that Callum mcgregor has broken through. Please LD get a deal sorted!
    You can be sure other teams will certainly be taking notice, unfortunately.

Whether Hibs would be able (or willing?) to compete with wages he can get elsewhere may be a problem. It would be great if we could at least keep DM until the end of the season, and longer if possible.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    You can be sure other teams will certainly be taking notice, unfortunately.

Whether Hibs would be able (or willing?) to compete with wages he can get elsewhere may be a problem. It would be great if we could at least keep DM until the end of the season, and longer if possible.
    We've got him on a season long loan

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We've got him on a season long loan
    Oops, I thought we only had him on loan until January. Good news! Thanks for pointing that out Billy.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Oops, I thought we only had him on loan until January. Good news! Thanks for pointing that out Billy.
    Stubbs was speaking about this on the Hibs YouTube interview today
    Worth a view