hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Cats

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Cats

My mum and dad moved away in july and i took the cat in as they were moving far away..Its driving me nuts!!!! It just cant seem to relax or sit still or sleep! I come in from work and it greets at the window wanting out so i open window and let her out..5 minutes later she's at window wanting back in..5 minutes later shes wanting out then in then out then in...ARGH!!!! Its the same with the kitchen door..She wants in to get her food then comes back into livingroom then goes back for food then back again so im on my feet constantly opening and closing doors and windows, Yet all it did at my mums was sleep!! Its really stressing me out to the point im gonna have to get rid of her, She just will not sit on her erse!!.

Any ideas?!?!

I've had the cat since June.
    Last edited by HibbyAndy; 21-10-2014 at 01:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My mum and dad moved away in july and i took the cat in as they were moving far away..Its driving me nuts!!!! It just cant seem to relax or sit still or sleep! I come in from work and it greets at the window wanting out so i open window and let her out..5 minutes later she's at window wanting back in..5 minutes later shes wanting out then in then out then in...ARGH!!!! Its the same with the kitchen door..She wants in to get her food then comes back into livingroom then goes back for food then back again so im on my feet constantly opening and closing doors and windows, Yet all it did at my mums was sleep!! Its really stressing me out to the point im gonna have to get rid of her, She just will not sit on her erse!!.

Any ideas?!?!

I can't really help but I will point out one thing, cats are evil manipulating overlords!
    Speaking as the underling of one such beast I find that if you ignore such cries they will eventually settle, as long as they are fed and able to toilet.
    Our feline resident has taken to staring at you as you sit down then will meow until you give her a pet, she will then walk off and look back in disgust as if our weakness and willingness to please and placate has insulted her!!!

@hibs.net private member

Any ideas?!?!

Catflap?

We had one in a window before as well as the standard door ones. Worked ok for us but be prepared for the assortment of dead and almost dead animals they will bring in.

You have not lived until you have stood on mouse entrails in bare feet in the morning, better than caffeine to wake you up.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    I can't really help but I will point out one thing, cats are evil manipulating overlords!
    Speaking as the underling of one such beast I find that if you ignore such cries they will eventually settle, as long as they are fed and able to toilet.
    Our feline resident has taken to staring at you as you sit down then will meow until you give her a pet, she will then walk off and look back in disgust as if our weakness and willingness to please and placate has insulted her!!!

Spot on, Ill try the silent treatment for a wee while

She has food by her side and plenty water and a litter tray aswell, So there really is nae excuse for her being a wido..

Cheers for the reply mate

Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    Catflap?

We had one in a window before as well as the standard door ones. Worked ok for us but be prepared for the assortment of dead and almost dead animals they will bring in.

You have not lived until you have stood on mouse entrails in bare feet in the morning, better than caffeine to wake you up.

That's the bit that worries me aboot a catflap

Pointless beasts, the chinese dinnae even bother trying to eat them. That tells you all you need to know! ;-)

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Any ideas?!?!

That's not a very nice thing to say about your missus.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Pointless beasts, the chinese dinnae even bother trying to eat them. That tells you all you need to know! ;-)
    Dogs >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Cat advice? Get a dog.

That's the bit that worries me aboot a catflap
    Gie it a key tae the door ...

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Gie it a key tae the door ...

Aye id come back tae the hoose burgled and nae telly on the wall which means nae walking dead

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Catflap is yer best bet Andy.

Not all cats will bring animals in - just depends if yours is a hunter or no.

Mines is and its worse when they bring live ones in to torment and even worse when they bring a live bird in (feathers everywhere)!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they're great pets.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Catflap is yer best bet Andy.

Not all cats will bring animals in - just depends if yours is a hunter or no.

Mines is and its worse when they bring live ones in to torment and even worse when they bring a live bird in (feathers everywhere)!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think they're great pets.

Would that no invite every cat in the area to come in though?.. As it stands i get half the streets cats sitting on my windae sill

She is a barry wee cat but has got ants in her pants all the time!! Tho see since iv'e made this thread she buggered off upstairs and hasnae came doon since

Well they do say cats have a sixth sense

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Would that no invite every cat in the area to come in though?.. As it stands i get half the streets cats sitting on my windae sill

She is a barry wee cat but has got ants in her pants all the time!! Tho see since iv'e made this thread she buggered off upstairs and hasnae came doon since

Well they do say cats have a sixth sense
    Nah you just get one with the magnetic sensor - we used to get a lot coming in but that sorted it.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Nah you just get one with the magnetic sensor - we used to get a lot coming in but that sorted it.
    I'l look intae it

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Put a wee bowl of walnuts near its bed.
    It will work wonders
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

We have one outdoor cat and one indoor fat blobb what I do is leave the outdoor one out if he's out so now he only comes back after 3-4 hours. I she is really highly strung try the things you plug into the wall