hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hibs should be thankful fans still care.

Interesting overview by Bathgate. Hard not to agree with a lot of it.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...care-1-3577586

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    What's interesting about it? Is there anything in it that wasn't lifted from here?

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's interesting about it? Is there anything in it that wasn't lifted from here?
    I was wondering that too. He's simply rehashed what he has read in here and came to the conclusion that anything that paints the club in a bad light is correct. Not like Bathgate that is it?
    He would fit right in with some here though with his implication that those fans still going to matches are part of the problem and that those who moan the most care the most. He's loving where we are right now.
    Last edited by marinello59; 20-10-2014 at 07:22 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Seems like anytime we get a result and the fans (and these boards) start getting positive, press guys like him churn out a negative story to push us back.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's Derby week, Hibs had a good result at the weekend, a more positive mood is in the air --------------------- time for Bathgate to strike.

The motives behind his article seem pretty clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    It's Derby week, Hibs had a good result at the weekend, a more positive mood is in the air --------------------- time for Bathgate to strike.

The motives behind his article seem pretty clear to me.
    The Hootsmans finest ! says it all really as he is to lazy to think of something original to say so he pinches stuff from here.

It's a good article.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    One thing fans shouldn't care about these days is what journalists write about in newspapers. At one time the newspaper would be the first place to find out news of your club. Now they are way down the pecking order and numbers buying them for sports news now is dwindling by the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Seems like anytime we get a result and the fans (and these boards) start getting positive, press guys like him churn out a negative story to push us back.
    Spot on.

I'll be negative when it's deserved but after a thumping win at the weekend there's a glimmer of something resembling positivity on here. Cue a negative story from the media.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    One thing fans shouldn't care about these days is what journalists write about in newspapers. At one time the newspaper would be the first place to find out news of your club. Now they are way down the pecking order and numbers buying them for sports news now is dwindling by the week.
    Correct. I stopped buying newspapers about 18 months ago.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Good point. The entire readership of the Scotsman are .Net regulars so they'll just read this as old news.

I think it was a decent summary of our situation, although there were fans with veins popping and abusing our own players and coaching team even when we were good. So it's not entirely true that the mood at ER is a result of poor performances.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    Good point. The entire readership of the Scotsman are .Net regulars so they'll just read this as old news.

I think it was a decent summary of our situation, although there were fans with veins popping and abusing our own players and coaching team even when we were good. So it's not entirely true that the mood at ER is a result of poor performances.
    You might be right. Hard to remember that far back.

A fair and accurate article IMO.

I feel a lot of sympathy for Leanne Dempster having got involved in this mess, but being told, in effect, to back the club rather than complain doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid. The club has to recognise that the frustration a lot of us feel is not really about the start to this season (shocking though it has been) but about continual decline over a number of years; and having heard "back the club" time and again over that period, with things actually getting worse, year on year, I'm less and less inclined to respond in a positive fashion.

I remain hopeful but less and less interested or involved TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    but being told, in effect, to back the club rather than complain doesn't really do it for me, I'm afraid.

I don't think that's quite what she said. I felt her post was motivated more by the number and personal tone of complaints.

Blog Entries
    As an arch-hater of Bathgate and all he stands for, my first reaction was, as usual, to go on the attack and have a go at him. I must be getting sensible in my old age, as I've come to realise that moaning about him on this forum is a waste of time and bandwidth. The only cure for Bathgateitis is to hit him where it hurts and we all know where that is.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    It's a good article.
    Stop being deluded, it's a wind up from a yam telling the truth about Hibs and annoying us for the Derby, it's okay for folk to come on here and slate Bathgate for his piece even though they haven't been at ER for ages and would defend Oscar Pistorious and say he is innocent.

The guy has got it bang on the money with his piece about our club, but lets put the boot in from the other side of Europe.

Does it matter if he picked up things from here, his story is correct.

Apathy has set in but folk who don't go to games don't see this, but have plenty to say how good things are from 100s of miles away.

So open your eyes Ozy, everything is hunky dory at Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Spot on.

I'll be negative when it's deserved but after a thumping win at the weekend there's a glimmer of something resembling positivity on here. Cue a negative story from the media.
    It's hardly negative when it's all we have spoke about on this MB, he is telling us something we already no, he ain't ramming it down our throat, lets just admit his piece is spot on about what he says about our club.

Apathy has set in and a win again Livingston won't have 1000s of fans running back to ER saying everything is great and we have turned the corner and we will go on to win the league now after putting 4 past the mighty Livi.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    I agree with it being a good article but I also think it's timing is rather noxious.

Had it been published last week then fair enough, but after a good win and on derby week? Using his article to stir up negativity in the midst of the little positivity we've amounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    As an arch-hater of Bathgate and all he stands for, my first reaction was, as usual, to go on the attack and have a go at him. I must be getting sensible in my old age, as I've come to realise that moaning about him on this forum is a waste of time and bandwidth. The only cure for Bathgateitis is to hit him where it hurts and we all know where that is.
    But as you no Jim that seems to be easier said than done against these f*****s, win the Derby and we just might see a wee chink of light in this league and the positivity will start to creep back in, get beat and it will be back to the same old negative pish, but Bathgate is spot on with what he says, can we ram his words down his throat this weekend and turn over the manky mob, a win this weekend and another one on Wednesday and we will be oozing with positivity on these boards and Leeann can come back on to this MB and say well done The Hibs Family.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    But as you no Jim that seems to be easier said than done against these f*****s, win the Derby and we just might see a wee chink of light in this league and the positivity will start to creep back in, get beat and it will be back to the same old negative pish, but Bathgate is spot on with what he says, can we ram his words down his throat this weekend and turn over the manky mob, a win this weekend and another one on Wednesday and we will be oozing with positivity on these boards and Leeann can come back on to this MB and say well done The Hibs Family.

Albeit with a very one-sided viewpoint.

The suggestion is that LD's sole purpose for posting was to complain about the negativity, where in fact she addressed different points that had been raised on here.

He says that Hibs have "no obvious excuse for that decline similar to the financial collapse suffered by the other two big clubs in the Championship, Hearts and Rangers." Except The 2 clubs mentioned have each managed to write off tens of millions of pounds of debt rung up due to their overspending in a league in which we were trying to compete. Other clubs have done deals with the banks and their creditiors to wipe out debt. Hibs are currently suffering partly because we try to do things the right way.

That section of the support, the ones for whom their team is about a lot more than 90 minutes every week, should be cultivated by a club’s hierarchy. Instead, the people who run Hibs – and this goes well beyond Dempster – seem to regard them with, at best, suspicion.
    He chooses to ignore the countless meetings that LD has had with supporters groups in an effort to improve relations.

F*** you Bathgate and your one-sided excuse for journalism.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 20-10-2014 at 11:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The newspaper football writers have never been as irrelevant and less influential as they are now in 2014.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Classic. We win and the Monday morning following the win a negative story comes out. Ram it down bath gates throat Hibs

1) ALL newspapers are there to make money
    2) Some are below contempt and nothing more than ***** one would pass after a good curry
    3) Some, are worse than this and dont merit even mentioning their very name, the *******s

...this guy, is a windup merchant attempting to look for the current divisions in our club and seeking to sneak in like a bit of Japanse knotweed...

He fails to realise what we love to depsise, more than our own ineptitude, failures and other shortcomings is ANYONE else pointing said shortcomings out. And worse still, we dislike vehnemently, some uber-arse from over the road trying to do it subtly.

Wont work bawbag.

MON THE HIBS...if there was ever a time to turn THEM over (though every time is braw), THIS, is the one to do it......forget the past on both sides. This is one we both want and probably need to win.

Lets hope nobody in green and white forgets this and we get the result.

GGTTH.

The suggestion is that LD's sole purpose for posting was to complain about the negativity, where in fact she addressed different points that had been raised on here.

He says that Hibs have "no obvious excuse for that decline similar to the financial collapse suffered by the other two big clubs in the Championship, Hearts and Rangers." Except The 2 clubs mentioned have each managed to write off tens of millions of pounds of debt rung up due to their overspending in a league in which we were trying to compete. Other clubs have done deals with the banks and their creditiors to wipe out debt. Hibs are currently suffering partly because we try to do things the right way.

He chooses to ignore the countless meetings that LD has had with supporters groups in an effort to improve relations.

What on earth do you mean by this?

While other clubs spent money they didn't have, Hibs have been fairly strict with their player budgets.

It was Jim Traynor (where is he now?) who put me off buying newspapers.During that summer when they were all bending over to push The Rangers straight into the SPL.Haven't bought a Daily Record since then and never will again.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Surely you don't need it spelt out? Hibs are hindered by servicing debt rather than having the advantage of recently writing it off.

Since she has never responded to anything after her post i got the wee impression that she was putting Hibs.net in it's place, (go to the naughty seat for not being positive enough) I also think she was calling out some posters on here to put up or shut up, ie, to regards Hibs approaching one or two fans to be fans reps to be on the Hibs board months ago, she strongly denied this had happened, so my thoughts were she is saying prove it or shut up and stop stirring things at the club.

Yes Bathgate is a yam prick but he has called it right here about the predicament we find our self's in, we were put up there as the model to follow as the best run club in Scotland and our way is the way ahead for every other club to follow, not going very good for the best run club in Scotland is it, still in massive debt, been relegated, and losing fans in the 1000s and a owner who will respond to a couple of kids who turn up at his door in Barnton but can't be bothered addressing the 1000s of fans who turn up every other week at ER.

Wins in our next three games and the positivity about the club will be mind blowing on here so it will.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    I don't think that's quite what she said. I felt her post was motivated more by the number and personal tone of complaints.
    Point taken, Keekaboo; I should have phrased it a bit more carefully.

To be clear, I have no complaint about what LD is trying to do or what she's saying. The problem is, and it's obviously not her fault in any way, that what she's now trying to address should have been addressed 5 years ago.

She's been handed a poisoned chalice IMO, and I wish her the best of luck. If she really turns the club around, with the fans' help, she should become a Hibs legend - and I'm not being facetious.

While other clubs spent money they didn't have, Hibs have been fairly strict with their player budgets.
    Total nonsense, we are not currently suffering because we tried to balance the books. You know fine well that Hibs have more money to spend than most. We are where we are because of incompetence and a lack of leadership.

We can't control how other clubs operate