hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Is it just me or...

Do we seem to play better away from home? (And no I am not blaming the fans ffs)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we seem to play better away from home? (And no I am not blaming the fans ffs)
    you forgot to add one of these.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Fans at Home:

Fans away from home:

Hibs have certainly had some good results and performances away from home, especially against The Rangers, Ross County, and last night. Having said that we had two very poor results and performances away to Alloa & QOS.

At home, Hibs were all over Falkirk, Raith Rovers, and especially Dumbarton, but only took two points from those three home games. Something Hibs might regret at the end of the season. Lets hope not.

It's not that Hibs played particularly badly, as such, in those games. It's just that Hibs seem to have trouble finding the final ball and goal(s) to kill these teams off at ER when they come with no intention of coming out and attacking. They simply put 10 men behind the ball, with a big lump up front and hope to snatch a goal.

It then has the desired effect of frustrating everyone connected to Hibs - coaches, players and fans.

Sounds simple, but Hibs have to put the ball in the back of the net against these teams.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Fans at Home:

Thats ****in shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Thats ****in shocking.
    Very strange behaviour

Thats ****in shocking.
    I think the fact our performances can evoke such actions from its own support ****ing shocking too.

We're better suited to playing away from home in the system we play, but the fans are the main reason IMO. Unfortunately the ones in that video are not as much of a minority as some would like to think, I'm surrounded by folk like that when I go to games, really have to bite my tongue not to say anything to them sometimes.

As i said before on another post it's easier away from home as the home team is obliged to come out and have a go instead of sitting in as they do at ER.

Fans at Home:

I wouldnae play for these fans,would you ?

Having been to many away games.over the years the fans are usually really supportive and is a far better day than watching them at home.Used to be good several years ago at home but its fairly pants now.
    Bring back a safe standing area and the home games could get back on track

Erm .... in the first video Hibs were in the process of blowing a 2 - 0 aggregate lead and getting relegated. In the second we were sticking it to the Zombies at there own bit. I agree the guy in video was out of order though.

I would guess that we do better away ( on grass ) because we have more space to play .... that's why its probably a bonus that the Yams wont come to ER and play like Dumbarton or Cowdenbeath.

That has been the case certainly since we changed system .But the Alloa and queen of soth results were away from home all be it on artificial pitches and before we changed system .

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    As i said before on another post it's easier away from home as the home team is obliged to come out and have a go instead of sitting in as they do at ER.
    Pretty much this.

First Team Breakthrough Long suffering's Avatar
    Fans at Home:

ive sneaked into that video! you mustve been near me last season.those lads were disgraceful absolutely disgraceful think they got a half season ticket and some of the moronic negative bile was unreal from them even when we were going well and beat hearts at new year they were like that...

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    Is what they are saying incorrect?

Poorly put across but he is the worst player ever to captain hibs

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    Is what they are saying incorrect?

Poorly put across but he is the worst player ever to captain hibs
    I wonder why.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Fans at Home:

There was a guy like that behind me in the East when I had my ST with my daughter. He was a very big part of why she and I stopped attending games together.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    You play for the club who keeps a roof over your head and food in your family's mouth, what about the thousands who do back you and want you to succeed?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Erm .... in the first video Hibs were in the process of blowing a 2 - 0 aggregate lead and getting relegated. In the second we were sticking it to the Zombies at there own bit.
    Exactly, showing these two videos is meaningless - clearly emotions were running very high in the play off defeat and the fans reaction was - IMO - totally understandable, if a bit over the top.

I would love to see, after that season, was anyone here still relaxed and smiley when idiot McGivern gave the ball away for what (as soon as he did it) was a cert of a goal ?

If you were running a survey on hibs fans you would be removing the most exaggerated positive AND negative videos in order to get a balanced view - neither of these does that.

Too many on here happy to knock the fans - yep we have our fair share of tubes, but had the club fulfilled anything like its potential in the last 7 years we probably wouldnt have this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by weonlywon6-2 View Post
    Fans? There's just the one shouting abuse, maybe two, in that highly selective video. The crowd that day was 18,000+.

In case you didn't notice, Hibs got relegated that day and played absolutely abysmally. Please don't tar all the long suffering Hibs supporters with the same brush to try to make some point. What is it with some so-called Hibs fans that they constantly want to belittle their fellow supporters? I'm sorry but I just do not get it.

In no way am I trying to excuse this sort of stuff, but IMHO it's the exception rather than the rule. In a crowd of 18,000 people you get all sorts. Some like the bloke in the video I'm afraid. It's more or less the same at all clubs.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Fans at Home:

Abuse is wrong. Tensions run high when Hibs have a lot at stake - it hadn't been imment relegation for a while but poor shows at the business end of cups and the drip-drip effect has worn many a fan down in recent times in particular. For some once the straw has broken the camel/horse's back the flood gates open.

Im What could be called a numbed happy clapper. And yet I was moved to utter some words of frustration at Fenlon during his last game against Hearts that I'm not proud of - not a tirade and no sweary words but words I'd rather not have said. Not scandalous but the point is we've all likely reached the end of our tether with Hibs at some point in the last couple of seasons. I thik it's probably unfair - unless known folks are consistently abusive towards player(s) / management to the point of greatly spoiling it for others to single people out and if folks do there should be a three strikes and out equivalent or yellow card to allow folks a chance to redeem or change behaviour - problem is where do you draw the line?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Thats ****in shocking.

Thought that was the family section.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think that our style of football is suited to playing teams who will attack us.. Hence the fact we got good results at Ross County and The Rangers.. We have a problem when teams park the bus as we don't have anyone to play the killer ball to unlock defences..

White strip next week and it'll be 3 points.

Slightly on topic.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    White strip next week and it'll be 3 points.

Slightly on topic.
    We'll be in the bottle green and they will wear their Argentina strip.

Also, our home record in the league is W2 D2 L1 and our away record is W2 D0 L3. So if anything we're more solid at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Long suffering View Post
    ive sneaked into that video! you mustve been near me last season.those lads were disgraceful absolutely disgraceful think they got a half season ticket and some of the moronic negative bile was unreal from them even when we were going well and beat hearts at new year they were like that...
    I normally enjoy a Prawn Sandwich in the West , but for that game I moved into the FF. The abuse started from the first minute and lasted for as long as they were there. You deserve a medal for managing to put up with half a season of that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Fans at Home:

People like him are everything wrong with Hibernian at the moment. He reminds me of a stereotypical unionist Rangers fan. I know it's wrong to stereotype but hey sometimes you need to say what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Exactly, showing these two videos is meaningless - clearly emotions were running very high in the play off defeat and the fans reaction was - IMO - totally understandable, if a bit over the top.

I would love to see, after that season, was anyone here still relaxed and smiley when idiot McGivern gave the ball away for what (as soon as he did it) was a cert of a goal ?

If you were running a survey on hibs fans you would be removing the most exaggerated positive AND negative videos in order to get a balanced view - neither of these does that.

Too many on here happy to knock the fans - yep we have our fair share of tubes, but had the club fulfilled anything like its potential in the last 7 years we probably wouldnt have this thread.