hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Firstly thanks for sharing !

Excerpt:

"Notes from Hands On Hibs meeting, Wed 8th October.

Opening Remarks:

Hands On Hibs strategy was outlined. There is a need to focus on the 2 key issues. a) That football club and the stadium must be kept together. The stadium must be owned by the football club. b) Farmer said he saved the club for the community and he must now make good on that statement. He must publicly commit to passing the club into community ownership. We can then all work together to identify the best model for Hibs.

HOH believe Hibs fans and the various groups can unite around these two basic demands. We accept people have different ideas about what should come after Farmer but we must at this point focus on what we agree on and not on what we disagree about.

We have a small window of opportunity to create the space for change. Hands On Hibs are not involved with any other group or consortium. Our only agenda is changing Hibs for the better.

The complexity of the clubs ownership structure is designed to confuse. As is the club's fake consultations, appointment of Leeane Dempster etc etc. These are all mechanisms designed to divert attention and divide Hibs supporters. We must stay focused. We need an organised and disciplined campaign.

Hands on Hibs are committed to openness and transparency. We demand that of the club and must apply that standard to ourselves. Any correspondence with the club must be made public. Secrecy breeds suspicion. That is why the club picks certain supporters groups for coffee with LD or provides them with 'exclusive' interviews etc. It's divide and conquer. Hands On Hibs will not be manipulated in this way.

Points from attendees:

- We need to get out there and change Hibs fans minds. The way to do this is through information."

Some questions...

Re openness and transparency who are the figure heads of HOH - is there a link with the previous HOH? Is if Brad Welsh? / hibiLeaks ?

Who/how is direction determined?

If linked to hibiLeaks and we're dealing with rumour not facts, where are the facts to back any claims made (or is that part of the keeping discipline piece?)

When are the meetings and will they be publicised in advance on the usual forums?

Does Changing Hibs fans minds relate to ownership or a variety of things - if so which?

"We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Firstly thanks for sharing !

Excerpt:

"Notes from Hands On Hibs meeting, Wed 8th October.

Opening Remarks:

Hands On Hibs strategy was outlined. There is a need to focus on the 2 key issues. a) That football club and the stadium must be kept together. The stadium must be owned by the football club. b) Farmer said he saved the club for the community and he must now make good on that statement. He must publicly commit to passing the club into community ownership. We can then all work together to identify the best model for Hibs.

HOH believe Hibs fans and the various groups can unite around these two basic demands. We accept people have different ideas about what should come after Farmer but we must at this point focus on what we agree on and not on what we disagree about.

We have a small window of opportunity to create the space for change. Hands On Hibs are not involved with any other group or consortium. Our only agenda is changing Hibs for the better.

The complexity of the clubs ownership structure is designed to confuse. As is the club's fake consultations, appointment of Leeane Dempster etc etc. These are all mechanisms designed to divert attention and divide Hibs supporters. We must stay focused. We need an organised and disciplined campaign.

Hands on Hibs are committed to openness and transparency. We demand that of the club and must apply that standard to ourselves. Any correspondence with the club must be made public. Secrecy breeds suspicion. That is why the club picks certain supporters groups for coffee with LD or provides them with 'exclusive' interviews etc. It's divide and conquer. Hands On Hibs will not be manipulated in this way.

Points from attendees:

- We need to get out there and change Hibs fans minds. The way to do this is through information."

Some questions...

Re openness and transparency who are the figure heads of HOH - is there a link with the previous HOH? Is if Brad Welsh? / hibiLeaks ?

Who/how is direction determined?

If linked to hibiLeaks and we're dealing with rumour not facts, where are the facts to back any claims made (or is that part of the keeping discipline piece?)

When are the meetings and will they be publicised in advance on the usual forums?

Does Changing Hibs fans minds relate to ownership or a variety of things - if so which?

Where to start with that.....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    With some of the claims in there I find it very hard to a) take them seriously and b) get behind them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Ditto the last post

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    With some of the claims in there I find it very hard to a) take them seriously and b) get behind them.
    What one's?

I'll probably wait for something with a bit more substance to come along before I throw my weight behind it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

So they are best ignored in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'll probably wait for something with a bit more substance to come along before I throw my weight behind it.

What kind of substance?

first thing Im thinking is do these guys have any cash!! (which is probably the complete wrong angle!)

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    What kind of substance?

first thing Im thinking is do these guys have any cash!! (which is probably the complete wrong angle!)
    Who are they would be one?

@hibs.net private member
    It must have been a pretty rambling meeting if those are the minutes. There is a huge contradiction in moaning at Hibs for being secretive and then stating -View expressed that HOH should use the information we have to reveal the facts of Farmer's business dealing with Hibs assets. If HoH are as open as they suggest then all these details would have already have been published.

The two key issues of the strategy are very poorly described and are hopeful outcomes rather than strategies. How are they going to get their wishes! Both are dependent on the club and STF and it doesn't sound like the group are exactly sweet talking their opposition.
    I wasn't at the meeting and don't know too much about HoH apart from what I have read on this forum but organisation is a vital component when trying to force change. If the minutes are anything to go by then I imagine they will not be a force to be reckoned with.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    What one's?

And:

Secrecy breeds suspicion. That is why the club picks certain supporters groups for coffee with LD or provides them with 'exclusive' interviews etc

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

And:

Secrecy breeds suspicion. That is why the club picks certain supporters groups for coffee with LD or provides them with 'exclusive' interviews etc
    Yeah, that caught my eye too.

I don't see what's complex about the ownership structure, TBH. 98% of the shares are owned by another company, the rest by supporters.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Yeah, that caught my eye too.

I don't see what's complex about the ownership structure, TBH. 98% of the shares are owned by another company, the rest by supporters.
    Still to see any evidence of any financial shenanigans on STF's part, despite this group hinting heavily at it.

I'm getting confused here now. Was there not another group who recently called for everybody to unite under their banner to move things forward? The one that meant in the supporters club maybe? Does anybody know if Hands on Hibs have contacted them and offered to work together? Hopefully these two groups are talking behind the scenes so that the vast majority of the support who wish change at the top can unite behind one banner.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Still to see any evidence of any financial shenanigans on STF's part, despite this group hinting heavily at it.
    Me neither, despite asking the questions in various fora.

I do wonder if, by suggesting that "things are complicated", they are trying to set up a suspicion or assumption that "complicated" means "underhand".

The beat thing though is dialogue being maintained between the fan groups. Rather than shutting it down. We can always find insult if that's our focus. There is so much more to be agreed upon Imho. It's good to talk.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cinntwamob View Post
    The beat thing though is dialogue being maintained between the fan groups. Rather than shutting it down. We can always find insult if that's our focus. There is so much more to be agreed upon Imho. It's good to talk.
    I don't see any insults here?

"I find it very hard to take them seriously" that kind of shuts things down before they get going.

"I find it very hard to take them seriously" that kind of shuts things down before they get going.
    One personal opinion, hardly an insult is it? You know what it's like, if you stick your head above the parapet then thicker skin than normal is required.
    Most Hibs fans I talk to seem to want some sort of change, something to unite everybody can only be a good thing so I look forward to getting a bit more detail on what this group plans.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Not really, it's my opinion and I'd be a helluva surprised if that influenced anyone at all.

IMHO, folk are far more likely to be switched off by spurious claims and unfounded accusations than they are by people's responses to them.

I see nothing spurious or unfounded. And isn't it best to keep the channels for dialogue open? I know, it does make me a hypocrite historically. At this time though, particularly at this time, we need multi lateral action and to keep talking amongst ourselves. Imho of course.

My point was it does little to keep channels open.

I see nothing spurious or unfounded. And isn't it best to keep the channels for dialogue open? I know, it does make me a hypocrite historically. At this time though, particularly at this time, we need multi lateral action and to keep talking amongst ourselves. Imho of course.
    There was the spurious comment about the ownership of East Mains. I'm not sure to whom that should be attributed, whether it's HOH or someone else.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

My point was it does little to keep channels open.
    My question would be "why should I do anything to keep dialogue open with this group when they have thrown accusations about STF around, are making demands with no mandate to do so, and are implying that Dempster's appointment was done to confuse and split the support?"

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Who are they would be one?
    Agreed

Admins, 3 admins on the thread, none of them seem enthused.

Wondered if there is a bit of piss and wind going on (as a complete outsider looking in).

Its all very bloody confusing to me!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Agreed

Admins, 3 admins on the thread, none of them seem enthused.

Wondered if there is a bit of piss and wind going on (as a complete outsider looking in).

Its all very bloody confusing to me!
    None of the admins are posting with their Admin hats on, posts are purely personal opinion. Hibs.net has no position on any of the takeover groups one way or the other.

None of the admins are posting with their Admin hats on, posts are purely personal opinion. Hibs.net has no position on any of the takeover groups one way or the other.
    Which is nice.

Fans forums should be impartial as much as possible.

99% of us dinnae gie a toss about the crap behind the scenes.... the crap on the pitch on the otherhand

I've never seen or heard of 1 group or 1 individual who has talked about any moneyin respect of newHibs, and everything seems very cackhanded from all sides.

to the average fan its confusing and a tad tedious tbh!

to the average fan its confusing and a tad tedious tbh!
    Very. I don't know what group is what or what's going on any more.

@hibs.net private member
    I have a lot of misgivings about the actions of this group to date, and these minutes frankly suggest they are not a group with any real substance ...and their hibileaks activity has so far looked embarrassing...

That said, I love their mission statement "To support Hibernian Football Club, it's players and it's manager 100%".....

How many of us can honestly say we are doing that as well as we possibly can in this time of need....