hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

Worst TV co-commentator poll

You'll never guess who won. No, you probably will...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...e-9791626.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

I find it astonishing that Lawrenson didn't win it by a country mile, he's the worst co-commentator I've ever heard outside Scotland. In Scotland it's Davie Provan for me.

Now that Craig Burley isn't co-commentating anymore? (or thankfully I don't hear him anymore!)

This won't be as common amongst many I doubt but Gerry Armstrong irritates the *****ing t*ts off me when I'm trying to enjoy Barcelona games

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Lawrenson is the most condescending ****er on TV bar Jeremy Kyle but Michael Owen is the most irritating by some distance for me, sounds like a monotonous schoolboy.

@hibs.net private member
    Clarke Carlise is murder really drab. My top 3 Gary Neville, Davie Provan and Alan Smith

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clarke Carlise is murder really drab. My top 3 Gary Neville, Davie Provan and Alan Smith
    He's not blessed with the greatest voice but I think Neville is pretty insightful, which is rare for a commentator or co-commentator.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I find it astonishing that Lawrenson didn't win it by a country mile, he's the worst co-commentator I've ever heard outside Scotland. In Scotland it's Davie Provan for me.
    Lawrenson every time, he could make the best game sound like the worst and he palpably hates the job he does. Incredible he is still doing this job.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Lawrenson defo, but glad it's not just me with Proven, he really gets on my wick!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Lawrenson every time, he could make the best game sound like the worst and he palpably hates the job he does. Incredible he is still doing this job.
    The most miserable, sarcastic guy anywhere. Fud.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Gary Neville's first class.

Not sure if he's ever done a live commentary but if he has then Jamie Carragher has to be up there as one of the worst.

His accent is horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    He's not blessed with the greatest voice but I think Neville is pretty insightful, which is rare for a commentator or co-commentator.
    Gary Neville is outstanding. Not scared to put the boot into his old team when its required. As for his brother though, dearie me!

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Now that Craig Burley isn't co-commentating anymore? (or thankfully I don't hear him anymore!)

This won't be as common amongst many I doubt but Gerry Armstrong irritates the *****ing t*ts off me when I'm trying to enjoy Barcelona games
    You're not alone there Russell. Guy's a grade one, Real Madrid sycophantic erse and that's just his good points
    This is how it feels

Martin Keown

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Gary Neville is outstanding. Not scared to put the boot into his old team when its required. As for his brother though, dearie me!
    Really enjoy Neville and, to a lesser extent, Carragher on Sky. Far more insightful and interesting than their predecessor.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Totally agree. I don't really know why Gary Neville would even be a candidate, he's an excellent co-commentator, but Philip Neville is woeful if his comments during the WC are anything to go by. Danny Murphy was dreadful in Rio as well.

@hibs.net private member
    There isn't much between Michael Owen, Lawrenson and Townsend. Call it a draw.

I like Danny Murphy, especially in the studio; he tried to tell you stuff you don't know, how something happened, what created it. rather than point out the obvious and tell you what you just watched.

@hibs.net private member
    Lawrenson by a ****ing mile. His constant negativity, moaning and really ***** quips throughout the last world cup were infuriating to the extent of impacting your enjoyment of a game. Absolute prick of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    There isn't much between Michael Owen, Lawrenson and Townsend. Call it a draw.

I like Danny Murphy, especially in the studio; he tried to tell you stuff you don't know, how something happened, what created it. rather than point out the obvious and tell you what you just watched.
    I don't mind Murphy as a pundit but why is his face always tripping him?

During the summer he was getting paid to work a few hours a week in Brazil whilst watching football and he looked like he had the worst job in the world.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Andy walker

Lawrenson sounds like George Formby on downers. I don't like Jim Beglin either. He often has a completely false idea of how the game is going. How on earth do these guys get these plum jobs?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I can't understand why England have an ex-Ireland player as the co-commentator. I wouldn't be particularly happy with Ray Houghton doing Scotland games. Stan Collymore is good on Talksport, Robbie Savage is an erse but at least speaks his mind and Mikey Stewart would be decent in that role but most of them are totally bland.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    I can't understand why England have an ex-Ireland player as the co-commentator.
    Bigot! ;-)

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Bigot! ;-)
    I think all ex-Ireland players that commentate on England games should have to do it from Ibrox, just to even it out. ;):)

(For those that don't know, this is a daft reference to the bigot nonsense on another thread, its not meant to make sense).
    Last edited by over the line; 14-10-2014 at 11:47 PM.

The other thread doesnae make sense either. ;-)

First Team Breakthrough
    Archie mcpherson is the guru of spouting drivel and the benchmark by which all others should be judged. Meant to be the main commentator but couldn't help sticking his oar in and offering opinions nobody wanted to hear.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Agreed, Gary Neville is the man. His analysis of Mignolet the other week was fantastic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    Agreed, Gary Neville is the man. His analysis of Mignolet the other week was fantastic.
    I didn't see it but I heard 2 or 3 goalies/ex goalies saying he was way off the mark?

Why do we need co-commentators?

I detest Andy Walker but Lawrenson is annoying.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post

I think they're there to bring awareness of why/how something happened using their experience.

Unfortunately most of them can't do this and just give us "that was a bad tackle" or "the goalie should do better there".

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Green View Post

Why do we need commentators at all?

Would that there was a button to press on the remote to eliminate the commentator but leave the crowd noise.

It would be just like being at the game!