hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I think we are progressing

I know this board is angry at thé moment but Im actually ok about things.
    Im not sure we all realise how screwed we were. Fenlon assembled the most one dimensional hibs team in history, butcher introduced the worst football we have ever seen. We were relegated, next to no players left and completely disengaged.
    We have had to start over. Did people really think we would simply buy a new team and scoosh this league??
    This will take time and after 3 years of hating going to ER I am actually enjoying watching this project taking shape. We are still miles away of course but if we can cet a striker in, move on Craig and Robertson (2 last remaining fenlon men) then Im confident we can build something really good here.
    The defence is solid enough and building a young exciting midfield from Mcgeough allan stanton stevenson Harris Kennedy and handling is the way to go.
    Rome wasnt built in a day and i think that as the season goes on we will get better as this very young squad embeds.
    Im no happy clapper. I didnt renew my season for the first time in years. I also didnt attend the first batch of games as i had enough. I also backed off from this board. Been paying at the gate of late and feel the break has given me real perspective.
    Looking forward to next week. Start with Allan Mcgeogh and Stanton and legs build another young exciting team. If it takes another years so what. We will come out stronger and for a longer term.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We can't beat part timers. We are not progressing at all.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We couldn't beat part timers when we went down in 1980. Doesn't make it good, but its not a measure of progress or regress IMO.

I would not think this particular thread is for you. 😊

Previously we would've been beaten by part-timers. A draw can perhaps be classed as progress?

If it takes another year so what?

About £2.5M we can ill afford to do without is what.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    I would not think this particular thread is for you. 😊
    If it's to do with Hibs I'm interested. I admire your blind faith that things are getting better but there is no evidence to support that.
    Meanwhile our crowds are plummeting meaning next seasons budget will be cut again.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I can't see how anyone can say we are making progress ON the park? Off the park in the boardroom we have a power battle going on with only one winner. And the team have backroom staff most EPL clubs would die for, but they have nothing to work with.

We want to see a team on the park that entertains us and wins games, so no, no progress whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I can't see how anyone can say we are making progress ON the park? Off the park in the boardroom we have a power battle going on with only one winner. And the team have backroom staff most EPL clubs would die for, but they have nothing to work with.

We want to see a team on the park that entertains us and wins games, so no, no progress whatsoever.
    Right now I would settle for a team that can just win home games ,the silky football can wait if we could just achieve that but we look miles away from both at present

Progress? We are going nowhere

@hibs.net private member
    Im not sure we all realise how screwed we were. Fenlon assembled the most one dimensional hibs team in history, butcher introduced the worst football we have ever seen. We were relegated, next to no players left and completely disengaged.
    We have had to start over. Did people really think we would simply buy a new team and scoosh this league??
    This will take time and after 3 years of hating going to ER I am actually enjoying watching this project taking shape. We are still miles away of course but if we can cet a striker in, move on Craig and Robertson (2 last remaining fenlon men) then Im confident we can build something really good here.
    The defence is solid enough and building a young exciting midfield from Mcgeough allan stanton stevenson Harris Kennedy and handling is the way to go.
    Rome wasnt built in a day and i think that as the season goes on we will get better as this very young squad embeds.
    Im no happy clapper. I didnt renew my season for the first time in years. I also didnt attend the first batch of games as i had enough. I also backed off from this board. Been paying at the gate of late and feel the break has given me real perspective.
    Looking forward to next week. Start with Allan Mcgeogh and Stanton and legs build another young exciting team. If it takes another years so what. We will come out stronger and for a longer term.

I'm with you on the fact we are progressing - we still have a long way to go, and there are definitely weaknesses in where we are. Our football is night and day better than last season. We have better style, organisation and possession than we have had for quite a few years.

The loss of our main striker with injury has been a big blow for us...I don't see us going up this year, but I do see us securing third place..

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm with you on the fact we are progressing - we still have a long way to go, and there are definitely weaknesses in where we are. Our football is night and day better than last season. We have better style, organisation and possession than we have had for quite a few years.

The loss of our main striker with injury has been a big blow for us...I don't see us going up this year, but I do see us securing third place..
    I am amazed anyone can think that of what we've seen this season. Organisation? Possession, is that not expected of us in this league? We are toothless. To be up the top this season we need a team determined to get three points every week. The lack of urgency in this team is staggering. We have meekly accepted the dropping of points 6 weeks out of 9 so far this season. There is no progress.

There's barely anything constructive to be said for what's going on at the moment. McGeouch had a good game yesterday. There's something. Otherwise, I see no positives from another unacceptable display.

See you all next week

Good on you mate. A well thought out personal opinion.... However don't be put off by the negative posts as I see 2 of the most negative posters on this forum have jumped on you already. Quite refreshing to read what you have written....

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    4 unbeaten #progress

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    4 unbeaten #progress
    Two clean sheets in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Not true.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. Rolls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Not true.
    ....has to be our next target.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Good on you mate. A well thought out personal opinion.... However don't be put off by the negative posts as I see 2 of the most negative posters on this forum have jumped on you already. Quite refreshing to read what you have written....
    Thanks mate. I dont expect everyone to agree but i stand by everything i said. This thing will come good but we are working from an absolute standing start.
    And yes no surprises around the usual suspects responses.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thanks mate. I dont expect everyone to agree but i stand by everything i said. This thing will come good but we are working from an absolute standing start.
    Thank god for that, cannae wait.

Coaching Staff
    We are not PROgressing, we are REgressing

I think we are progressing from being utterly utterly sheite, to just being utterly sheite, one less utterly should see us just being sheite.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    I would not think this particular thread is for you. 
    It's a thread for everyone, i think you need to see a doctor, and soon.

Your right, the state we found ourselves in at the end of last season was never gonna be a quick fix, it's gonna take a while. However, we are struggling against teams like Alloa, Dumbarton etc. that is not progress at all. I feel we continuously keep finding new lows.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

What other response do you expect, Hibs are f***ing dire right now and there is no progress at all, we can't beat part time teams, FFS we can't even score goals against some of them, we are still soft touches and every team we play in this league think they have a good chance of turning us over whether that is home or away.

It's a results business, the manager and team aren't getting them.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Did i think we would buy a new team and scoosh the league? No because ive become used to the club being a dismal failure.

Is it possible to buy a new team and scoosh the league? Hearts have proved that it is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Did i think we would buy a new team and scoosh the league? No because ive become used to the club being a dismal failure.

Is it possible to buy a new team and scoosh the league? Hearts have proved that it is.
    But Hearts have virtually the same squad as last season.

We have made no progress from last season, the reason we have more of the ball and look more attacking this year is down to the quality of the opposition.

We struggle to win at home with more than 50% possession in every game ... that's not good and needs to be sorted, but its not time to give up yet FFS. We can make the play offs .... the aim must be to get to the end of the season with a team good enough and playing well enough to win 3 two legged matches.

As I see it what might help us is the teams we could end up against in those play offs, at least from a fans backing point of view.

As things stand game 1 is likely to be against QotS or Raith Rovers. We can take up at least half the crowd at either ground.

Get through that and game 2 will almost certainly be against the The Rangers. I can honestly see us taking a whole stand up, which would be a backing of 7,000 at a venue where we have already played well twice this season. I would back 7,000 Hibbies to out noise 43,000 current buns any old day of the week. Been there done that more than once

Win that and game 3 will be against a team who by definition have had a poor season and we will have a great backing no matter who we play.

I base all this on the fact that when it comes to the crunch we have a set of supporters who are willing to turn out.

None of that guarantees that we will win any game ... but its got to help surely.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 12-10-2014 at 11:05 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    We had a 5 year plan, we now have a 10 year plan. That's progress

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    We struggle to win at home with more than 50% possession in every game ... that's not good and needs to be sorted, but its not time to give up yet FFS. We can make the play offs .... the aim must be to get to the end of the season with a team good enough and playing well enough to win 3 two legged matches.

As I see it what might help us is the teams we could end up against in those play offs, at least from a fans backing point of view.

As things stand game 1 is likely to be against QotS or Raith Rovers. We can take up at least half the crowd at either ground.

Get through that and game 2 will almost certainly be against the The Rangers. I can honestly see us taking a whole stand up, which would be a backing of 7,000 at a venue where we have already played well twice this season. I would back 7,000 Hibbies to out noise 43,000 current buns any old day of the week. Been there done that more than once

Win that and game 3 will be against a team who by definition have had a poor season and we will have a great backing no matter who we play.

I base all this on the fact that when it comes to the crunch we have a set of supporters who are willing to turn out.

Sorry but if we continue as we have from the first quarter of the season, we cant make the play offs.