hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Players Rating v Raith Rovers

Thought I would pot my thoughts on yesterday's game now that I've calmed down, sorry but that was totally unacceptable, good teams follow and kick on from a fabulous result the game before but only Hibs can seriously over promise and under deliver. I posted earlier this season we'll be mid season at best and I still maintain that. Getting really hacked off with lilly livered inconsistent performance's and I'm beginning to wonder what's happening at our once great club.

Not impressed.

4 - Oxley You get what you pay for

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show
    5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted
    4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player
    6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM

3 - Robertson Lost his way and looks a shadow of the player he once was
    5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough
    4 - Craig Captain material my erchie, subbing our captain, says it all really.
    5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me
    3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough

4 - McGeouch Looks the business and look forward to watching him play
    3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it
    2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement
    5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengths

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    I didn't go yesterday but your comment about Oxley seems harsh. He's looked solid so far and his distribution is excellent.

I don't agree with a lot of these ratings;

Cummings- Did Heehaw? Was one of the few that looked to turn and drive towards their defence, would've scored if not for a fantastic double save right at the start

Malonga- Worked hard enough and looked good up until he took a knock.

4 for Oxley baffles me, how many did we concede again?

Defence looked alright apart from that moment of madness.

Strange post if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strange post if you ask me.
    What's strange about it, it's a forum no?

The team is gash, I've regularly posted players ratings over the years and seriously worried about our club.

Why not post your own thoughts on the game? Or were you no actually at the game?

@hibs.net private member
    Were these ratings from yesterday's game??

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Were these ratings from yesterday's game??
    Aye, but just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Mac View Post
    What's strange about it, it's a forum no?

The team is gash, I've regularly posted players ratings over the years and seriously worried about our club.

Why not post your own thoughts on the game? Or were you no actually at the game?
    It's all about opinions and you've rightly posted yours as that's what this forum is all about. Having said that, some of your marking is wide of where I'd place mine but we all see things differently I guess. I was at the game and am baffled by the 4 for Oxley too
    This is how it feels

Thought I would pot my thoughts on yesterday's game now that I've calmed down, sorry but that was totally unacceptable, good teams follow and kick on from a fabulous result the game before but only Hibs can seriously over promise and under deliver. I posted earlier this season we'll be mid season at best and I still maintain that. Getting really hacked off with lilly livered inconsistent performance's and I'm beginning to wonder what's happening at our once great club.

Not impressed.

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show
    5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted
    4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player
    6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM

5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough
    5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me
    3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough

3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it
    2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement
    5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengths

Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    It's all about opinions and you've rightly posted yours as that's what this forum is all about. Having said that, some of your marking is wide of where I'd place mine but we all see things differently I guess. I was at the game and am baffled by the 4 for Oxley too
    Clean sheets have ben at a premium this year and for me he doesn't come off his line enough.

4 might be a bit harsh but we are in the poo big time and at the end of the day it was Raith Rovers, yes Raith Rovers.

Craig - misplaced passes, since January - NEVER A CAPTAIN
    Stevenson - back pass for Forster who was nowhere to be seen - nae communication
    Allan - Final pass was dreadful
    Booth - fitness and left gap
    Hanlon - too hesitant for me

Look at Hertz, they are flying - why? - Attitude, we seem to breed mediocrity.

Scott & Nade ran the show yesterday......unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by 7-0 View Post
    Jesus Christ
    And, were you at the game likes?

Tell me what his contribution was to the team yesterday?

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar

Restricted after taking an early knock was my take. Should have been subbed at half time imo. Robertson would get at least a 5 from me for his part in creating then finishing our only goal, though I agree he was otherwise ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Restricted after taking an early knock was my take. Should have been subbed at half time imo. Robertson would get at least a 5 from me for his part in creating then finishing our only goal, though I agree he was otherwise ineffective.
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Correct, he should have been taken off, nae time for bruising egos etc this season and IMO Stubbs needs to be stronger and more assertive with this.

I didnae realise Robertson was playing until just before his goal, he is better than his form is showing but why?

Again, his performances have not been good enough for quite some time. In fact the last decent performance I've seen form Robertson was the 2-1 derby win.

Yes, i was. He was injured from 30 minutes onward and shouldn't have been made to play for the rest of the game. My point is you saying he's already got the "Hibs disease" when he's had a very impressive start here.

Jesus Christ
    Was he playing ?

Yes, i was. He was injured from 30 minutes onward and shouldn't have been made to play for the rest of the game. My point is you saying he's already got the "Hibs disease" when he's had a very impressive start here.
    He has an obligation to signal to the bench he's injured so I don't buy that one bit.

How can any player be up for a game 4 days previously then look like he's just got out of his bed?

Disease might be a bit strong, but even before his 'injury' he didn't run the channels, ask for it to his feet etc, he just didn't look up for it IMO.

Why? He should be brimming with confidence as well as Cummings?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Clean sheets have ben at a premium this year and for me he doesn't come off his line enough.

4 might be a bit harsh but we are in the poo big time and at the end of the day it was Raith Rovers, yes Raith Rovers.

Stevenson - back pass for Forster who was nowhere to be seen - nae communication

I don't think your scores are too far off the mark. Only one I really questioned was Oxley, which you've admitted might be a bit Harsh

I think it is more than just a better attitude that has Hearts flying right now. They've had yonks to prepare for being here, spent wisely on players with ability and have a sense of togetherness throughout their club that has helped sell a lot of season tickets contributing more funds to spend on their team. All off the back of stiffing the Lithuanian taxpayer for god knows how many tens of millions of pounds.

I'm all for being critical of what's going on at Easter Road but we need a bit of perspective and where possible save that criticism for where it is really deserved. We're still in the early stages of a massive rebuilding process and inconsistency is to be expected although not necessarily accepted. Your marks for many players are very much on the harsh side. There were positives yesterday whilst I accept there was a lot wrong. I felt that peculiar managerial decisions cost us yesterday and don't really feel like pointing the finger at any player, as they were all at least ok imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    I don't think your scores are too far off the mark. Only one I really questioned was Oxley, which you've admitted might be a bit Harsh
    Slip off the finger perhaps, rage - maybe, pissed off? Aye, majorly but thank you for your empathy....... :-)))

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

Not impressed.

Not a great performance from Hibs yesterday but some harsh scores there IMO.

Oxley conceded 1 goal and wasn't at fault, so I'm not sure why he should score so low. I actually thought Hanlon had a decent game, as did Scott Allan although I agree his final pass wasn't good. Booth was lively and I can't believe the Hibs midfield didn't feed him the ball more in the 2nd half when he was often in acres of space. Cummings I thought tried hard without any real service and nothing really came off for him. Malonga is a player who needs the ball played into his feet but again the service to him was poor.

I think our main problem yesterday was our midfield. Craig and Robertson continually slow the game down and it wasn't until McGeough came on that we had any kind of penetration.

We need to start building momentum. A draw against Raith at home is not a great result but at least we didn't lose the game after a good performance and result against Sevco.

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post
    Was he playing ?
    Jesus Christ- 4, You get what you pay for, only Resurrected once, slipping all over the place, was he wearing sandals or something. Seems to have caught the Hibs disease already.

Not impressed.

If you'd said to me before the Ross co game that we'd win two and draw one from Ross,Rangers,Raith i wouldn't believe you and would be delighted with that.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Im not asking for much, I just want to see our players get crosses / corners past the first man.

Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post
    Aye, your opinion and contribution is like some of the players performances from yesterday...........non descript.

Cheap shot and if you have travelled, organised Hibs Travel and spent mare money than I have on Hibs then give me your opinion.

Meh...........right enough

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If you'd said to me before the Ross co game that we'd win two and draw one from Ross,Rangers,Raith i wouldn't believe you and would be delighted with that.
    Agreed, but beating Rangers & Ross County was the difficult bit, beating Raith Rovers should have been much much easier bit............only Hibs at the moment ;-)

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    Quote Originally Posted by MehHFC View Post

Left by mutual consent!
    Oxley - 6 - nowt to do really, maybe could've done better with the goal but everyone could've

Forster - 6 - wasn't brilliant, wasn't awful

Hanlon - 6 - see Forster

Fontaine - 6 - same again

Stevenson - 8 - never puts a foot wrong

Booth - 6 - solid enough, gets in some good positions but needs to do more when he gets there

Allan - 7 - much better from him, minus a few passes.

Craig ("captain") - 4 - was he playing? Decent when we're underdogs but he's useless at breaking teams down

Robertson - 6 - Done well to score but really needs to offer more in possession. I've never seen him play a perfect through pass

Cummings - 6 - unlucky not to score and looked sharp. Needs better service

Malonga - 2 - a few nice touches but they didn't really do much for us. Needs to be more of a threat and his work rate was god awful. Think he's gonna be a bit of a benji

Subs -

Mcgeouch - 5 - looks a real classy player. Can't wait til him and Allan are in the middle together supported by a good DM

Heff - no time

Harris - hardly any time but where's his swagger gone? Come on wee man. You're better than you think.

Not impressed.

4 - Oxley You get what you pay for Didn't affect the game in any way and no chance with the goal.

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show Did ok
    5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted Decent game for me
    4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player Worst of the back three and found it hard going

6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM Man of the match. Not his fault playing where he can't play. How any manager can play him at right wing back defies logic. He looked lost and was completely ineffective. We ended up playing the last 12 minutes with Harris playing left midfield and Stevenson trying to play wide right. How anybody saw Lewis as man of the match is astounding.
    3 - Robertson Lost his way and looks a shadow of the player he once was Tries hard to get forward but legs appear to have gone. Did have a good overlap and followed up well to get our goal but ineffective in second half.
    5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough Agree with comments and like the others he can't compete in midfield. Does virtually nothing to stop the other team playing. Unless he gets fitter he will end up playing at a much lower level soon. Don't know how many times he failed to find Booth in great positions preferring slide rule passes through the middle which all failed to find a Hibs player.
    4 - Craig Captain material my erchie, subbing our captain, says it all really. He is just not mobile enough to play in midfied. Does little going forward and even less defensively. Jockey's players from about six yards allowing them to do as they please. i don't think it's a lack of effort though.
    5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright Get's forward well and is at least a threat down our left. Tried very hard but ran out of steam long before the end. With our current squad he should just about make the team.

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me Never lazy and did all Malonga's chasing. Was unlucky not to score early when goalie had a double save. Like the rest of the team he faded as the match wore on.
    3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough Had a reasonable first half and has some talent. His body language as he left the pitch at half time suggests that he wasn't keen to continue. His second half performance backs that up.
    4 - McGeouch Looks the business and look forward to watching him play Looked lively when he came on and looks an improvement on the other midfielders.
    3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it Too little time to judge but nothing he has done so far gives you hope.
    2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else Brought on in strange position and didn't really see how he was supposed to get on the ball. We were crying out for width on the right but kept Stevenson there. Still a shadow of the player who emerged two years ago.

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement Fans were very patient given the second half performance. I don't think we worked the goalie once in the second half.

Thought his team selection was just wrong and totally unbalanced. Playing three central defenders can work at home if at least one of them can break forward with some confidence which ours can't. Out midfield five just isn't good enough to break teams down nor stop the other team playing. How teams must love coming to Easter Road to boost their confidence. We all want Stubbs to succeed but he needs to learn quickly. That set of players is just not good enough.

For the last 20 to 25 minutes of the first half we dominated the game with the midfield players finding space to take a pass and shutting down the opposition. Come the second half Craig and Robertson done neither and Allen was our only midfielder who would chase and try to create things although his final pass just never seemed to make it but I believe that will come.

When you play a certain system you have to have the personnel who can play to that system, on Saturday we didn't have the personnel to play a 352 and should have went with a 442 with Forster at right back and Lewis at left.

Once we have everyone fit I do like the 352 system and now that we would be playing with 3 central midfielder's I would like to see Sam Stanton in there instead of Craig other than him being played out in the wing, add McGeouch then I think we have a balanced midfield.

I am beginning to believe like many others on here now that Craig and Robertson have to much of last season in them and don't look like they are going to shake it off.