hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Agm

Agm

Is it not usually around this time of year? Sorry if there's a thread about this already. I used a proxy to attend in 2013

When LD came to the club her focus was on the football department. Now in her latest interview all she seemed to talk about was the consultation process. I'm worried that the Leeann/David Forsyth consultation has already been sullied by this rumour that they've been trying to line up candidates for the 2 board positions.

Is it just me or does it seem a bit rushed? Is Rod is trying to push this through to announce at the AGM?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it not usually around this time of year? Sorry if there's a thread about this already. I used a proxy to attend in 2013

When LD came to the club her focus was on the football department. Now in her latest interview all she seemed to talk about was the consultation process. I'm worried that the Leeann/David Forsyth consultation has already been sullied by this rumour that they've been trying to line up candidates for the 2 board positions.

Is it just me or does it seem a bit rushed? Is Rod is trying to push this through to announce at the AGM?

When they announce the financial results to the end of July 2014 they will at the same time announce the AGM date. The release of the annual accounts does seem late in comparison to previous years.

Expect the agm to happen in November.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    When they announce the financial results to the end of July 2014 they will at the same time announce the AGM date. The release of the annual accounts does seem late in comparison to previous years.
    There could be a number of reasons for this. I wonder if there's maybe something in the offing which would require EGM (creation of new shares for a potential investor for example) and they're looking to kill two birds with one stone.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    The results to, the end of July? not at the end of July? that was a few months ago now. thought these things had an April bench mark ? for tax purposes? admittedly I have no idea about these matters.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    The results to, the end of July? not at the end of July? that was a few months ago now. thought these things had an April bench mark ? for tax purposes? admittedly I have no idea about these matters.
    The tax year run 6 April to 5 April each year; the club's financial year is 1 August to 31 July each year - the two are separate matters. The results for financial year 13-14 should be announced soon..

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ** T * Q * M ** View Post
    The tax year run 6 April to 5 April each year; the club's financial year is 1 August to 31 July each year - the two are separate matters. The results for financial year 13-14 should be announced soon..
    They might be, but there is no legal requirement to announce them until 30/4/2015.

I think the financial results will mirror what we see on the pitch, things will be tight for years unless someone can work miracles like Hamilton have done.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    They might be, but there is no legal requirement to announce them until 30/4/2015.
    Very true..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by craigmounthibby View Post
    Expect the agm to happen in November.
    Are the club not required to give shareholders 30 days notice of the AGM ?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Are the club not required to give shareholders 30 days notice of the AGM ?
    I think it's 3 weeks.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Point of order.

There is no legal requirement on Hibs to actually hold an AGM. It is their practice, which they could change if they wish.

The notice period is 21 days.