hibs.net Messageboard

Page 96 of 229 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 6851

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    For sci fi fans I’m watching dark matter on prime. It’s ok, but not the brilliant. Has anyone been watching the new season of the 100? I’m waiting till it finishes so I can binge watch.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For sci fi fans I’m watching dark matter on prime. It’s ok, but not the brilliant. Has anyone been watching the new season of the 100? I’m waiting till it finishes so I can binge watch.
    I've watched all of Dark Matter*, veers between very good and very bad but, managed to persevere to the end. The 100 is another one of these shows that has been dragged out too long (much like The Walking Dead), watched it this far so, will continue with it until its conclusion (getting bloody complicated though).

* If you like Dark Matter you'll probably like Killjoys too (the same comments re Dark Matter apply).
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 09-11-2019 at 06:57 AM.

Finished Temple thought it was great.

I see The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair is being repeated on SKY Witness, one of the best things I've watched in the last couple of years.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I see The truth about the Harry Quebert Affair is being repeated on SKY Witness, one of the best things I've watched in the last couple of years.

Outstanding bit of tv viewing !

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Finished Temple thought it was great.
    Some of it was bollocks, quite decent overall though.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I've watched all of Dark Matter*, veers between very good and very bad but, managed to persevere to the end. The 100 is another one of these shows that has been dragged out too long (much like The Walking Dead), watched it this far so, will continue with it until its conclusion (getting bloody complicated though).

* If you like Dark Matter you'll probably like Killjoys too (the same comments re Dark Matter apply).
    Cheers mate I’ll give that a bash.

United we stand here....

Sky Arts has been superb tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    The devil next door on netflix is a good watch, 5 part series in the mould of making a murderer, knew the ending before I watched it but didn't know any of the back story
    Looks really interesting. Going to get on to this in the next week

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Couple of very good documentaries about the Berlin Wall on the iplayer (BBC4 catch up) at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    Couple of very good documentaries about the Berlin Wall on the iplayer (BBC4 catch up) at the moment.
    Watch them quickly before they take them down.

Finally got round to watching The Wire and finished it last night. Loved it. Retro piece of tv that doesn't rely on cliffhangers or twists to capture an audience, just a very enjoyable programme.

It got a bad review on here but I really enjoyed Guilt on the beeb. Nicely written, well acted, nice shots of the Holy Ground, what more could you ask for?

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Just started this, pretty good so far!
    Netflix have just released another WW2 in colour documentary about the greatest moments, it has historians giving a good unbiased account of what went on

Its really good so far, id recommend giving that a try too

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    It got a bad review on here but I really enjoyed Guilt on the beeb. Nicely written, well acted, nice shots of the Holy Ground, what more could you ask for?
    Seems to be getting decent reviews, having finished it I'm still not too sure what it was meant to be. The last 2 eps were better than the first two though, I suppose.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    American Horror Story 1984, garbage so far.
    Now that its finished been my favourite AHS since season 3 (Coven). Being a fan of 80s slasher films and a decent 80s soundtrack helped. Also the massacre of Kajagoogoo. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post

I think Dark Matter was a good concept, poorly executed. To have given it depth, more time should have been spent exploring/understanding the different paths taken by the characters as the conflict between their "current" and past lives became clear. As HutchyHibby has said, there were some very good episodes but, overall, I haven't missed it since it ended.

I've enjoyed The 100 overall; Seasons 1 - 4 were all enjoyable, but Season 5 was torture. Season 6 was a return to form, although the last 3-4 episodes maybe got overly convoluted and the anomaly stuff seemed totally random. The next season is the last, which is probably a good thing. I'm hoping they bring it to a satisfying conclusion.

Killjoys strikes me as an example of a series that has run longer than its creator expected, meaning they ran out of ideas some time ago. I feel like I've watched the same story told over a 10-episode arc for the past 3 seasons. On the flip side, the relationship between the three main characters makes every episode watchable, with some brilliant one-liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I may have already said on this thread, but The Boys is the best thing I've watched in the past few years.

There's quite a few new things starting which seem appealing:

For All Mankind

See

His Dark Materials

World on Fire
    Now watched all of the first season of World on Fire. Some parts of it drove me crazy, but was enjoyable overall.

Five episodes in and I've been really pleasantly surprised by See. Twenty minutes into the first episode, I thought I was going to give up by I'm glad I stuck with it. It's written by Steven Knight, who has Peaky Blinders amongst his credits and, whilst it's rarely fast-paced, the concept of the show lends itself to some fascinating nuances of interaction between the characters. There's also some acutely-built tension in most episodes. It won't be to everyone's taste, but I'm fairly certain most people will never have seen anything like it before.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Anybody watched Guilt on BBC? second episode has a good number of Hibs references
    Watched it over the weekend.

Quite enjoyed it but mainly for the fact it wasn’t American and was shot in Edinburgh.

A reasonable wee story that I certainly didn’t regret watching but on the flip side it was not something I could strongly recommend to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Watched it over the weekend.

Quite enjoyed it but mainly for the fact it wasn’t American and was shot in Edinburgh.

A reasonable wee story that I certainly didn’t regret watching but on the flip side it was not something I could strongly recommend to anyone.
    Apart from the odd glimpse of The Castle, Arthur's Seat and Charlotte Square I believe most of it was filmed in Glasgow/EK.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 19-11-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'll not spoil the ending for you, I probably missed something.
    Just watched it, what was your problem with it? Probably one for a pm to avoid spoiling it for folk.

Ray Donovan back tomorrow

2nd series of Craith/Hidden (I believe it'll be on the iPlayer soon) started on S4C last night, enjoyed the first series.

Apart from the odd glimpse of The Castle, Arthur's Seat and Rutland Square I believe most of it was filmed in Glasgow/EK.
    Most of the scene shots were Edi and actually I had no idea how well kept the cemetery next to ER was.

Im assuming the working mans club was Glasgow and I suppose its not unusual for some parts to be shot elsewhere but anyway it was a half decent watch but nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Most of the scene shots were Edi and actually I had no idea how well kept the cemetery next to ER was.

Im assuming the working mans club was Glasgow and I suppose its not unusual for some parts to be shot elsewhere but anyway it was a half decent watch but nothing to write home about.
    Not that it particularly matters but

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...tics-1-5034842

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Anyone watched the second season of Britannia yet? It is weirdly funny but with brilliant music.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Anyone watched the second season of Britannia yet? It is weirdly funny but with brilliant music.

I only binged the 1st few episodes of the 1st season and found it very boring. Just couldn’t get into it.

Not that it particularly matters but

https://www.scotsman.com/news/people...tics-1-5034842
    Ha ha yeah you’re right it doesn’t really matter and I wasn’t really trying to argue otherwise I suppose...there was a nice few shots of Edi and a few with ER in the background which, to me at least, made it a bit more enjoyable than the usual US locations and some story about the FBI.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of Watchmen. I read the comic about 15 years ago and saw the movie so feel like I’m following things but interesting to see where it goes.

It’s from Damon Lindelof who did Lost and The Leftovers amongst other things, always worth watching IMO
    Watched the first episode. Liked the film but it’s a bit too weird, will give the second episode a go but not sure it’s for me.

Cold Call on Ch5, biggest load of nonsense I've watched for a while.