hibs.net Messageboard

Page 81 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 6858

Thread: Best tv

Line of duty has been brilliant.
    Been watching After Life and agree it is funny and sad in equal measures. Has touched a nerve in me for sure.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I've only just discovered IZombie, started the 1st series on Netflix as the 5th series starts to air.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    3 episodes into Ozark , Very decent

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 episodes into Ozark , Very decent
    I loved it. I love stories where it's debatable whether the main characters are good or bad.

Ozark is superb S3 later in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Anyone else watching Clink on Ch5? Can't decide if it's decent or absolute bollocks 😃
    Anyone watching this? I'm really liking it now.

Live PD on more4 is quite addictive.

Watched the 1st episode of Chernobyl. Brilliant and very frightening!

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    We went on a day trip to Pripyat when we were in Kiev for a Scotland game, we got to within about 1/4 mile of the reactor, it was an amazing experience. Wandering around a deserted town is very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    We went on a day trip to Pripyat when we were in Kiev for a Scotland game, we got to within about 1/4 mile of the reactor, it was an amazing experience. Wandering around a deserted town is very strange!
    So jealous it’s on my list of places to go.

Thought it was a promising start.

Some of the 'science' seemed a bit sketchy but it was tense and frightening. It's such a Horrifying story anyway that it doesn't need much done to it.

It's crazy to think that other reactors on the Chernobyl site were still generating power as recently as 2000.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Thought it was a promising start.

Some of the 'science' seemed a bit sketchy but it was tense and frightening. It's such a Horrifying story anyway that it doesn't need much done to it.

It's crazy to think that other reactors on the Chernobyl site were still generating power as recently as 2000.
    It's a fascinating topic. The documentary about the supershell erected over the decaying reactor is an amazing example of human achievement, although I wish it hadn't been required.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m recording that. I’ll wait till it’s all finished and binge watch it, I hate waiting a week for the next episode.

United we stand here....

Another quality Game of Thrones episode!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Another quality Game of Thrones episode!

Certainly was mate. Gutted next week is the last episode ever! ☹️

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Certainly was mate. Gutted next week is the last episode ever! ☹️
    im loving this season, plenty online seem to have turned though....guess its now become cool to bash the show.....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post
    im loving this season, plenty online seem to have turned though....guess its now become cool to bash the show.....
    Exactly this. Folk desperate to slate it. Watching it for the sole reason of finding fault it seems.

I’ve really enjoyed most of it.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoslinInstHibby View Post

Genuinely don’t know what planet some of those folk are from?

It’s a quality show. Each episode always leaves you on edge, desperately wanting to watch the next one.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Exactly this. Folk desperate to slate it. Watching it for the sole reason of finding fault it seems.

I’ve really enjoyed most of it.
    Last nights episode and the one the other week, battle of Winterfell, were as stand alone episodes brilliant. BUT the issue I and many others have is the feeling of it being rushed to a conclusion.

There is so many plots and story arcs to cover and/or close but recently, and even big bits of last season, its like they gave up explaining things and just showing characters head they way have/did within a scene or 5 minute chat. Previous seasons things were a lot more in depth, and I know thats probably to do with taking over the books and having to go it alone.

The fast travel I can deal with, but its totally different to how they done things early on that it makes timelines confusing. Take Cersi being pregnant for example, how much time has meant to have passed since Jamie left her at the end of season 7? And all thats happened inbetween would surly result in the baby being born or close to? yet not even a bump. It was indicated to us that it was what, 1000 miles between kings landing and Winterfell, but armies are now marching it in 1 episode and the timeline appears to not move much further forward.

The battle of winterfell like I said was a great stand alone episode, and I will wait till after the last before really getting annoyed, but if that story is not revisited then what was the point of it all? Its not been explained thus far very well as to their intentions. Many other areas and characters simply just forgotten about now and seems to be a lot of tieing up to to do in the last 80 minutes of the programme.

I love GOT and read all the books to date which I also loved, but there is just this feeling that the creators are so desperate to move on do the Star Wars stuff that they simply went right, lets wrap this **** up quickly!

I hope I am wrong and next week does manage to explain a lot but to me I think I am going to be a bit underwhelmed with it all and have 1001 questions that have not been answered. Hopefully if thats the case then GRRM does finish the books (something I doubt will actually happen tbh) and has the time to close all the loops in a satisfactory manor.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Started watching Project Blue Book on Sci Fi, very X-Files-esque set in the early 60's I guess, enjoying it so far.

Chernobyl ep2.

Really loving this now.

Where can I watch Chernobyl?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Sky.

I watched the latest couple of Louis Theroux documentaries last night. Both were quite disturbing.

The 1st featured men accused of 'sexual misconduct' at US universities. It was quite scary to see a guy who I thought was quite plausible and almost felt sorry for be, for lack of a better word, unmasked as a manipulative and devious individual with a penchant for forcing women to do things against their will and humiliation. The 2nd was about women with various mental illnesses related to child birth. It was probably as uncomfortable as I've ever seen Theroux as his usual faux naive character just didn't really fit. I'm not sure he really hit the mark tbh and it left me a bit uncomfortable.

I also watched the 1st episode of Years and Years on the BBC. decent start but maybe trying to cram a bit too much in.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

It’s a quality show. Each episode always leaves you on edge, desperately wanting to watch the next one.
    To each their own - I've found it painfully derivative since it first launched. It's as good as it's source material, and Martin is a horrible writer.

As a fan of the fantasy genre, I just don't get the appeal - most overhyped show ever made IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    To each their own - I've found it painfully derivative since it first launched. It's as good as it's source material, and Martin is a horrible writer.

As a fan of the fantasy genre, I just don't get the appeal - most overhyped show ever made IMO.
    I'm on the same page as you. I watched the 1st 8-10 episodes and thought it was already obvious what characters would be killed off as the writer had backed themselves into a corner. I just couldn't get into it.

What I would say is I've not felt the need to make a big deal of not liking the show like some have. I just don't watch it.

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    that final scene was just awful, really enjoying it

I'm from this planet that can't help but criticise this season! Thought the first 3 episodes were great. After the battle for Winterfell, it's all gone a bit pear shaped for me. Obvious SPOILERS INCOMING.....

I was fully prepared that the way the story ends might not be the way I'd like/imagine. That's cool - it's not my story. The thing that has really annoyed me though, especially about last week is where the story just hasn't been told properly. What we have seen on screen and how things have developed don't really make sense and characters that were carefully developed over 7/8 years then start acting quite differently with little justification. Or poor choices IMO from the creators disappoint.

For example, let's start with Daenarys. She's been consistent over the years about breaking the wheel, changing things, doesn't want innocents to suffer etc. She has been through horrific trauma time and again. Lost her husband, betrayed, kidnapped etc. Never has she reacted to any of this by killing innocent people. The Tarlys were casualties of war. Varys has committed treason - she has no option but to execute him. That's no different to me than Jon hanging the Night's Watch team that betrayed him. So.......why at the very moment that she has victory. The dream that she's had a vision of for years, does she decide to turn and commit genocide in Kings Landing? The story hasn't been developed sufficiently for this to make sense for me. Then in terms of how to show this on screen - we don't even see her face during all this. We have no idea what she's thinking. It's crazy!

To go back to Varys and his motivation. What exactly has Dany done that justifies him to think.....she's lost it, she can't be a good leader? He's travelled the world to support her and get others to her cause. What did she do that would make him lose faith? And what exactly has Jon done that makes Varys think he's so much better? Wouldn't Varys wait until they've dispatched Cersei before trying to sabotage his Queen?

Again there isn't enough character development for this to make sense to me. And after the first 5 seasons being quite slow and meticulous, it just jars that they jump so quickly to this type of ending.

Then you have Tyrion, who's been the smartest guy going for years. Suddenly can't do anything right. Inexplicably wants to give Cersei chance after chance despite the fact she's shown to have lied time and again. And Cersei. An amazing character over the years. Yet they spend more time on the death of Jack Sparrow wannabe Euron, than Cersei! I don't get it.

I could go on. Sansa's comments the previous week basically being greatful for being abused. Brienne being portrayed as a blubbering bit on the side chasing Jamie. How they decide when a Dragon is vulnerable to scorpion attack depending when it suits the story! It's just really frustrating that things have unravelled after being built up so well.

Anyway rant over. I've totally loved GoT over the 10 years but these last few episodes were just so annoying for me. I get that many people won't be bothered and thought it was great. Each to their own. Still looking forward to the weekend and hopefully the final episode can redeem some of the things that have annoyed me.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Finished the first season of The OA last night. Really enjoyable original series. Heard mixed reviews about the 2nd series but will give it a bash.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Finished the first season of The OA last night. Really enjoyable original series. Heard mixed reviews about the 2nd series but will give it a bash.
    I really enjoyed season 1 , Only an episode into season 2 but it's good so far