hibs.net Messageboard

Page 215 of 229 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,450 of 6851

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's been panned. Fellow massive fan here and yeah, they should have left it alone. Sounds like Kelsey Grammer wanted it and studios are basically desperate for any existing IP.

From what I read, there are various parts where Frasier does/says things that are wildly inconsistent with previous shows, forgetting basic stuff that happened in Cheers for example.

And Freddy is now a fireman and completely different from his teenage self. The worst part is, they could have used the original Freddy actor but chose to recast.

Think I'll avoid it entirely
    Tried it but didn’t last more than 10 minutes. Not sure I can place why but the canned laughter felt more invasive and forced than the original. Maybe it’s just the fact it wasn’t funny. Also instantly hated Niles’ son who, predictably, appears to be a genius moron.

Probably unfair to only give it 10 minutes, but it’s not for me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Enjoying SAS Who Dares Wins “Celebrity” I love it probably because there are a lot of so called celebrities that I love seeing getting their ***** kicked daily. I cant be ***** with those ****ing Made in Chelsea, Porty or whatever reality stars but Im fair enjoying seeing Matt Hancock squirm 🤣

Hibs one game trialist Jermaine Pennant was on it too but he has been medically booted from the show

The Long Shadow continues to be very good, quality cast.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Finished it last night, was really good

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    This should be on the pet peeve thread, but mentioning a TV programme without saying what channel or streaming platform it's on. 🙄
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    It's been panned. Fellow massive fan here and yeah, they should have left it alone. Sounds like Kelsey Grammer wanted it and studios are basically desperate for any existing IP.

From what I read, there are various parts where Frasier does/says things that are wildly inconsistent with previous shows, forgetting basic stuff that happened in Cheers for example.

And Freddy is now a fireman and completely different from his teenage self. The worst part is, they could have used the original Freddy actor but chose to recast.

Think I'll avoid it entirely
    I have watched the first two episodes and it is not great but I think there is hope for it (it has a lot to live up to which is the shows biggest problem), there are remnants of the old show in it and references to the old show. I have not come across any inconsistencies from Cheers, which given it is set in Boston will be the main hark back but like I said I am only two in so far. Freddie could have been played by the original actor but he is just too old for the part as it is written, his character arc is certainly laid out over the first two shows and Jack Cutmore-Scott comes across really well, he especially captures Freddies teenage attitude towards Frasier which is fun to watch. I have taken an instant dislike to David Crane, Niles and Daphnie's son who seems determined just to do a Niles impression whenever on screen. The rest of the supporting cast is similar to the original show, based around the home and work of Frasier, Nick Lyndhurst is actually quite funny albeit a bit shallow in this. I will be watching the rest just because I was such a big fan of the original. I don't think I will have the same love I have for the original for this version but after two episodes I am not writing it off and it has never made me want to switch off yet.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This should be on the pet peeve thread, but mentioning a TV programme without saying what channel or streaming platform it's on. 🙄

Cobra Rebellion (sky ;-))is just as ludicrous as previous series.

Aljazeera their excellent coverage of the War on Gaza is second to none.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    The last of us on Sky Atlantic , No bad but not as good as i thought it would be , P.S never played the game at all so no idea if it's similar

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    The last of us on Sky Atlantic , No bad but not as good as i thought it would be , P.S never played the game at all so no idea if it's similar
    It's faithful to the game which was genuinely fantastic.

The TV adaptation is very good too, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Tried it but didn’t last more than 10 minutes. Not sure I can place why but the canned laughter felt more invasive and forced than the original. Maybe it’s just the fact it wasn’t funny. Also instantly hated Niles’ son who, predictably, appears to be a genius moron.

Probably unfair to only give it 10 minutes, but it’s not for me.
    It’s like frasier has gate crashed Hannah Montana, brutal

I'm just getting round to watching Partygate on All4, what a bunch of absolute tossers! 😡

I just started this last night and, after 2 episodes, I'm totally hooked.

All 7 episodes available on ITV x.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I just started this last night and, after 2 episodes, I'm totally hooked.

All 7 episodes available on ITV x.
    I'm up to episode 6, I'll not spoil it for you. 😃

I'm up to episode 6, I'll not spoil it for you. 😃
    Phew! 😁
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Phew! 😁
    Quite a moving last few minutes in that episode and I'll say no more.

Quite a moving last few minutes in that episode and I'll say no more.
    👍

Watched The Reckoning. Thought it was ok, Steven Coogan was very good and it made a decent attempt at conveying the horror of Saville's actions but I wasn't blown away. It felt like all the executives at the BBC were painted as feckless morons rather than complicit and there were too many conveniently placed older women who saw through him. The involvement of real life survivors was worthwhile though and it was good to see them given a voice.

Also watched the Beckham documentary on Netflix. I enjoyed it, it was more honest than I expected and dealt with a few issues that I thought would have been off limits. I forgot how mental the reaction to the red card in 1998 was. It's a timely reminder that OTT abuse of players didn't start with social media, guy hanging an effigy of him outside a pub, The Sun orchestrating a national hate campaign and opposing fans attacking the team bus and so on. Mad.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Watched The Reckoning. Thought it was ok, Steven Coogan was very good and it made a decent attempt at conveying the horror of Saville's actions but I wasn't blown away. It felt like all the executives at the BBC were painted as feckless morons rather than complicit and there were too many conveniently placed older women who saw through him. The involvement of real life survivors was worthwhile though and it was good to see them given a voice.

Also watched the Beckham documentary on Netflix. I enjoyed it, it was more honest than I expected and dealt with a few issues that I thought would have been off limits. I forgot how mental the reaction to the red card in 1998 was. It's a timely reminder that OTT abuse of players didn't start with social media, guy hanging an effigy of him outside a pub, The Sun orchestrating a national hate campaign and opposing fans attacking the team bus and so on. Mad.
    I enjoyed the Beckham story and was astonished at the backlash he received on his return to England, players trying to smash him on the pitch and more surprisingly ex England colleagues, Im sure I saw footage of Andy Sinton and Tim Sherwood trying to nail him, ******s 🤬

Watched the first episode of Bodies on Netflix looking like it may be very good.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Watched the first episode of Bodies on Netflix looking like it may be very good.
    Going to start that tonight

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar

Finished that last night.

While no doubting it’s a well produced drama it seemed to take a very very long time to tell the story.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a45613...ason-2-update/

@hibs.net private member
    Just caught up with Queen of the South, really enjoying it

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. None of it felt remotely real. By that I mean the locations and the people as opposed to the story.

First Team Breakthrough Sloop67's Avatar
    Planet Earth 111 , Stunning camera work again, The Archer Fish were amazing . slightly depressing to see the way the planet and the animals habitats are changing and not for the good .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. None of it felt remotely real. By that I mean the locations and the people as opposed to the story.
    I watched half an episode last night and felt the same, terrible there was no atmosphere to it was all one toned actually reminded me of goodnight sweetheart the 1940s parts I don’t think I will go back to that

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    This series of Taskmaster has been absolutely woeful. Time to put it out of its misery I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This series of Taskmaster has been absolutely woeful. Time to put it out of its misery I think.
    My partner watches it religiously, listens to the podcasts etc, I dip in and out if it's on in the room when she's watching it. I've quite enjoyed it tbh, didn't think it seemed at all inferior to anything that went before.

She had the New Zealand version of it on the other day though - and that was just plain weird. Identical sort of format, different people and not at all funny.