hibs.net Messageboard

Page 199 of 229 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,970 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Just want to mention Last of Us again, it is a brilliant piece of television, production quality, set design, acting and direction is all top class. You can tell it is made by the same folk that did Chernobyl.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just want to mention Last of Us again, it is a brilliant piece of television, production quality, set design, acting and direction is all top class. You can tell it is made by the same folk that did Chernobyl.
    It is very good. Made me happy that two actors from my favourite ever TV show Northern Exposure were in that last episode briefly, playing the husband and wife Native American characters. Leonard and Marilyn from NE.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It is very good. Made me happy that two actors from my favourite ever TV show Northern Exposure were in that last episode briefly, playing the husband and wife Native American characters. Leonard and Marilyn from NE.
    I knew I recognised them from somewhere , it was her voice I remembered but couldn't quite place it

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Anyone like Arrested Development? I tried it years ago and wasn’t sure I liked it or not. Trying it again and up to beat the end of season 2 this time. Think I do like it and it’s probably more hit than miss in general. Do find myself skipping scenes with Buster and George Snr though.

I read this comment on Monday before I had watched the latest episode and my heart sank at the thought of Leonard and Marilyn (Marlon and Florence) getting killed, because lets face it most characters introduced end up dead by the end of the episode, I was really happy to find out they didn't die! It was great however brief to see Graham Greene and Elaine Miles back on screen together, can't believe is has been 28 years since Northern Exposure ended!!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I read this comment on Monday before I had watched the latest episode and my heart sank at the thought of Leonard and Marilyn (Marlon and Florence) getting killed, because lets face it most characters introduced end up dead by the end of the episode, I was really happy to find out they didn't die! It was great however brief to see Graham Greene and Elaine Miles back on screen together, can't believe is has been 28 years since Northern Exposure ended!!
    They were both amazing characters. Marilyn in particular, she was just the epitome of calm quiet fortitude in all situations. We still watch it all the time, particularly if one of us has had a bad day.

They were both amazing characters. Marilyn in particular, she was just the epitome of calm quiet fortitude in all situations. We still watch it all the time, particularly if one of us has had a bad day.
    I've just found it on my TV stick, all 6 season!! Thanks for bringing this back to my mind, I have not seen it for about 20 years, that's the next few weekends dealt with, an extended Northern Exposure binge Appropriate it has arisen on the Best TV thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Love the Great Pottery Throwdown
    Yip, me too. Can't understand how it isn't more popular than it is. When I mention at work / to friends nobody else seems to watch it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Yeah it was very emotional. Made me wonder who I know is masking unbeknownst to me. If 700,000 females are undiagnosed, I just wonder how many have been misdiagnosed, especially for those on the milder end of the spectrum. I had a training course booked a few weeks back to learn more about autism but was ill and missed it. I'm keen to learn more, looking forward to the 2nd episode.
    The biggest problem with diagnosis is that it costs the government money.
    Both my kids were diagnosed 14/15.
    The $h1t3 we were always fed was you don't want your kids labelled with being autistic.
    FFS if they are autistic they are autistic.
    My Mrs knew for over 10 years something wasn't right, but unfortunately the hoops you have to jump through to get the right outcome is tiring & unnecessary.
    You need the diagnosis to get the help that is needed.

I've just found it on my TV stick, all 6 season!! Thanks for bringing this back to my mind, I have not seen it for about 20 years, that's the next few weekends dealt with, an extended Northern Exposure binge Appropriate it has arisen on the Best TV thread!
    Come back and let me know if you think it still stands up to 2020 viewing! Season 4 with the much maligned Mike Munro character gets a lot of criticism but there are still some gems in that season too. And Favourite episode of course (Seoul Mates for me )

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnoteasy View Post
    The biggest problem with diagnosis is that it costs the government money.
    Both my kids were diagnosed 14/15.
    The $h1t3 we were always fed was you don't want your kids labelled with being autistic.
    FFS if they are autistic they are autistic.
    My Mrs knew for over 10 years something wasn't right, but unfortunately the hoops you have to jump through to get the right outcome is tiring & unnecessary.
    You need the diagnosis to get the help that is needed.
    Sorry, meant to reply earlier. I imagine it would be a relief to you all to finally get a diagnosis and correct treatment. Hope your kids and all your family are now benefitting from it. If you haven't watched the programme, I would defo recommend.

Come back and let me know if you think it still stands up to 2020 viewing! Season 4 with the much maligned Mike Munro character gets a lot of criticism but there are still some gems in that season too. And Favourite episode of course (Seoul Mates for me )
    You know the main thing I have noticed is how square 1990s TV was Strange watching it on my widescreen UHD screen. Just watched the pilot again last night and it brought it all back, I remember how it pulled me in back when I first watched it. It has dated but tbh I kinda like the nostalgia of it at the moment. Mike Monroe, that was Anthony Edwards, Dr Greene from ER, another show I watched at the time. I look forward to getting to S4 to catch up, got 37 episodes before I get there though!

You know the main thing I have noticed is how square 1990s TV was Strange watching it on my widescreen UHD screen. Just watched the pilot again last night and it brought it all back, I remember how it pulled me in back when I first watched it. It has dated but tbh I kinda like the nostalgia of it at the moment. Mike Monroe, that was Anthony Edwards, Dr Greene from ER, another show I watched at the time. I look forward to getting to S4 to catch up, got 37 episodes before I get there though!
    I’m not sure if the version on your fire stick will have the original soundtrack (which was great). I have a memory that there was some licensing issue that happened, which meant they had to edit new music on to certain scenes in later seasons. I watch it on old box set DVDs through my Xbox and as you say there’s issues with the screen size and one of the dvds definitely has a different music editor on it. By modern standards it has a very ‘analogue’ feel to everything!

Watched red rose on Netflix over the last few days, it was fine but my mrs loved it. Probably like a 7 or 8 out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Surgeons on the Edge, dont know why I put myself through it, I cant stand blood or guts or legs and ankles in positions they shouldnt be. I just look away all the time 🤣

But I watch bits of it 🫣

The new season of Succession, is to be the last. Gutted

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    The new season of Succession, is to be the last. Gutted
    Oh no. Gutted with that, surely enough story to go on for a while

I know this thread is meant to be for best tv but, just finished episode 3 of Desperate Measures, one of the worst programmes I've ever watched.

'All Quiet On the Western Front' on Netflix. Best film I've watched for a long time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Sorry, meant to reply earlier. I imagine it would be a relief to you all to finally get a diagnosis and correct treatment. Hope your kids and all your family are now benefitting from it. If you haven't watched the programme, I would defo recommend.
    Yes I did watch the programme. Listening to what the lad who couldn't speak had to say was sad. But you could see his confidence grow by the end of the programme. Just shows that everyone has a voice.

Bit late on this but just watched season 1 of Yellowjackets. Thought it was brilliant and can’t wait for season 2 next month

Obvious echoes of Lost but it’s a worthy comparison and the casting is spot on. Hopefully season 2 can live up to the hype

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Bit late on this but just watched season 1 of Yellowjackets. Thought it was brilliant and can’t wait for season 2 next month

Obvious echoes of Lost but it’s a worthy comparison and the casting is spot on. Hopefully season 2 can live up to the hype

Yeah i really enjoyed that , Brilliant their is a new season !!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    After all that hype I think I was expecting a better ending to Happy Valley than that.
    I just watched it, I thought it was outstanding. Like The Line of Duty, it’s so much more than a standard cop show. Raised lots of themes around nature vs nurture and whether Ryan could be bigger than his dads legacy. Loved the ending.

@hibs.net private member
    Bronson, Fit To Be Free on Ch4 tomorrow night, he is due for parole next month, should be an interesting watch

Blog Entries
    I’ve just binged on the series Ted Lasso. I originally thought it might be a bit naff but I quickly got hooked on it and really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to the third series now.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Last of us remains really good, slight merging of certain things from part 2 in the latest episode rather than the first game, but setting it all up well and remaining really faithful
    I just watched episode 6. It was excellent again but I didn't notice part 2 merging into it.

What are you referring to?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I’ve just binged on the series Ted Lasso. I originally thought it might be a bit naff but I quickly got hooked on it and really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to the third series now.
    I loved it and I found it even funnier on the second viewing.

Ted, Rebecca, Roy and coach Beard are terrific characters although there aren't really any weaknesses.

Football ees life!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

For anyone who enjoyed Paul Whitehouse in Gone Fishing, there’s a couple of programmes starting on Sunday on bbc2 where he investigates how bad the pollution in Englands rivers is, and by all accounts it’s a shocking watch.

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/prog...roubled-rivers

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I just watched episode 6. It was excellent again but I didn't notice part 2 merging into it.

What are you referring to?
    The fact they were in Jackson rather than the dam, you don't see inside Jackson in the first game so it's setting it up for the second with the town and the people in it

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    The fact they were in Jackson rather than the dam, you don't see inside Jackson in the first game so it's setting it up for the second with the town and the people in it
    Gotcha. I didn't notice that.