hibs.net Messageboard

Page 190 of 229 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,700 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    5 days at Memorial on Apple is a interesting watch. About a suspicious number of deaths at a hospital in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

Also just finished Troppo on freevee (Amazon) it’s meant to have adverts but not a single one during the whole season. A classic murder mystery set in Australia that I thought was really well done.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Watching the Tudors just now.
    On season 4 and think it is bloody brilliant.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Watched the Good Nurse at the weekend, Eddie Redmayne is one of my favourite actors. The story is chilling, I’d seen a documentary on it before so I knew of the case and I find dramatisations of true crime can sometimes be hit or miss but this one is good. Jessica Chastain is really good too in it.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Black Butterflies on Netflix.

Edit. Bloody brilliant. What's French for film noir?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 14-11-2022 at 09:05 PM.

Andor has got better every week. Probably better than Mandalorian IMO and definitely does justice to the Rogue 1 story.

Started with low expectations but wow, last few episodes have been incredible

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Manifest season 4

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    If you can get FX channel, The Old Man is excellent.

It's like a cross between Homeland and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and I'm pretty sure it'll be up for awards next year.

It's intelligent, well acted and gripping, but it needs attention so best not to drink too much while watching it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Andor has got better every week. Probably better than Mandalorian IMO and definitely does justice to the Rogue 1 story.

Yeah a vote for Andor from me as well.

I liked Mando but Andor is a cut above I’d say.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    The original House of Cards starting on BBC4.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    If you can get FX channel, The Old Man is excellent.

It's like a cross between Homeland and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and I'm pretty sure it'll be up for awards next year.

It's intelligent, well acted and gripping, but it needs attention so best not to drink too much while watching it.
    Finished that recently really good show, one of the best I’ve watched this year

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

I have loved every episode and it has raised Rogue 1 by filing in Cassian's back story. Diego Luna is so good in this. It's the first TV show in ages where I've been gagging for the next episode to appear.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Just watched the first episode of The Devil's Hour on Amazon Prime, it's got a lot of potential, stars Peter Capaldi and Jessica Raine.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    The Walking Dead Finale tonight, watched every episode since 2010 #TheWalkingDead - Twitter Search / Twitter

i can only think of a handful of several episodes i thought were boring :(

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    The Walking Dead Finale tonight, watched every episode since 2010 #TheWalkingDead - Twitter Search / Twitter

Need to try and finish it. Felt a slog for the last few seasons can’t even remember where I am, few episodes into the Disney era I think.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Manifest season 4
    Really, it's got to 4 seasons?

I never got to the end of the first season, i thought it was ridiculously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Aye its absolute cheesy as **** , And the 'callings' are a bit far fetched but ahink i just like the burd that played Michaela

Aye its absolute cheesy as **** , And the 'callings' are a bit far fetched but ahink i just like the burd that played Michaela
    Understandable enough. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Understandable enough. 😀
    Done a bit wikipedia on her Her Ma was a brittish tennis player

Understandable enough. 😀
    Done a bit wikipedia on her Her Ma was a british tennis player

Done a bit wikipedia on her Her Ma was a british tennis player
    What was her net worth? 🤔

What was her net worth? 🤔
    Dinnae hink she was very good lol

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

Is the Walking Dead worth picking up again? I got as far as when the group found and moved into the prison before I got bored and gave up. Meant to try it again but never got round to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Is the Walking Dead worth picking up again? I got as far as when the group found and moved into the prison before I got bored and gave up. Meant to try it again but never got round to it.
    I've got about 8 episodes left to watch but, on balance I would have to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Need to try and finish it. Felt a slog for the last few seasons can’t even remember where I am, few episodes into the Disney era I think.
    i must admit to not enjoying this last season as much as the previous ones, i think it went quite stale with the arrival of 'the Whisperers' series(S9), actually started enjoying the spin-off 'fear the walking dead' more, the same creator, there's more spin-offs from TWD coming in 23, the other spin-off that started approx 3 years ago The Walking Dead: World, i only watched the first two episodes, completely different cast, tried giving it another chance EP6 i think it was but nah

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

i think that's before Negan yep ? if so yep stick with it, i can't remember if it's the last episode of S6 or the first in S7 but that episode alone where Negan slaughters(i won't give away the characters names) actually lost TWD a lot of viewers, it really WAS quite violent and shocking for the brutality of it, still brilliant though, probably put family viewers off i guess, but of course it led to lots of sales on the internet for Lucille, see below, for sale on Ebay for nearly £90 Negan's weapon of choice below

i must admit to not enjoying this last season as much as the previous ones, i think it went quite stale with the arrival of 'the Whisperers' series(S9), actually started enjoying the spin-off 'fear the walking dead' more, the same creator, there's more spin-offs from TWD coming in 23, the other spin-off that started approx 3 years ago The Walking Dead: World, i only watched the first two episodes, completely different cast, tried giving it another chance EP6 i think it was but nah

i think that's before Negan yep ? if so yep stick with it, i can't remember if it's the last episode of S6 or the first in S7 but that episode alone where Negan slaughters(i won't give away the characters names) actually lost TWD a lot of viewers, it really WAS quite violent and shocking for the brutality of it, still brilliant though, probably put family viewers off i guess, but of course it led to lots of sales on the internet for Lucille, see below, for sale on Ebay for nearly £90 Negan's weapon of choice below

That episode is pretty much head and shoulders above every other episode, pity there were not a few more. Glenn's initial episode was very good too. And the 1st episode, completely original, eventually dragged out too long although Samantha Morton gave it extra life for a while.

That episode is pretty much head and shoulders above every other episode, pity there were not a few more. Glenn's initial episode was very good too. And the 1st episode, completely original, eventually dragged out too long although Samantha Morton gave it extra life for a while.

i just couldn't take to that deep southern accent and andrew lincoln did get ripped from his castmates for his 'Coral' when saying Carl, just looked on wiki and that episode involving Negan was indeed the S7 Premier. both Andrew Lincoln and the woman that played Michone are shown after the last episode finished, ones for the spin-offs

i was watching a film called 'the boy' a couple years back and even though i recognised the actress from somewhere, que my surprise when i googled and realised it was Lauren Cohan, she obviously made that film on her brief sabbatical from TWD

i just couldn't take to that deep southern accent and andrew lincoln did get ripped from his castmates for his 'Coral' when saying Carl, just looked on wiki and that episode involving Negan was indeed the S7 Premier. both Andrew Lincoln and the woman that played Michone are shown after the last episode finished, ones for the spin-offs

i was watching a film called 'the boy' a couple years back and even though i recognised the actress from somewhere, que my surprise when i googled and realised it was Lauren Cohan, she obviously made that film on her brief sabbatical from TWD
    It was good to see Maggie coming back.

Did Glenn have a deep South accent?🤔 😀

Did Glenn have a deep South accent?🤔 😀

nah, a michigan accent, which is where his character came from :) Lauren Cohan was brilliant with her southern accent