hibs.net Messageboard

Page 149 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 6830

Thread: Best tv

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been enjoying the Obsessed with Line of Duty podcast, Craig Parkinson who was the caddy in series 1-3 does it very well. He made me laugh last week revealing that he can’t go down to the supermarket anymore without strangers shouting ‘ya bent *******!’ at him like young Ryan used to
    Anna M-M was interviewed on This Morning yesterday she was being grilled about why her character done this/that, basically said she can't remember filming most of the scenes as she was filming Motherland at the same time. She had the show's researchers on the phone prior to her appearance on This Morning while she was driving her kids to school. She was asked which character she was most like with her parenting style - the severe LOD Carmichael, or scatty mum in Motherland. Her kids were shouting both characters name's in the background. She basically spent the rest of the interview analysing her own parenting skills and hoping the public don't hate her for thinking she is like Carmichael. Her best response was along the lines of haven't all parents got a bit of a Carmichael face when it's required.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Anna M-M was interviewed on This Morning yesterday she was being grilled about why her character done this/that, basically said she can't remember filming most of the scenes as she was filming Motherland at the same time. She had the show's researchers on the phone prior to her appearance on This Morning while she was driving her kids to school. She was asked which character she was most like with her parenting style - the severe LOD Carmichael, or scatty mum in Motherland. Her kids were shouting both characters name's in the background. She basically spent the rest of the interview analysing her own parenting skills and hoping the public don't hate her for thinking she is like Carmichael. Her best response was along the lines of haven't all parents got a bit of a Carmichael face when it's required.
    I watched Motherland under protest, it looked like a bog standard 1series comedy, but it WAS very funny, mrs bollah is sometimes right about TV. There was a swimming pool episode that had me in stitches, the wet pathetic curly haired dad is a great character.

I watched Motherland under protest, it looked like a bog standard 1series comedy, but it WAS very funny, mrs bollah is sometimes right about TV. There was a swimming pool episode that had me in stitches, the wet pathetic curly haired dad is a great character.
    It's very funny. Really like Diane Morgan who plays couldnae give a toss what you think mum Liz. Raging I didn't know they had a Christmas Special and it's available nowhere to catch up on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Think it's too obvious to be Carmichael, Chloe seems to turn up at critical moments, also Tony Gates had a daughter called Chloe in season one, also as others have said I don't think it will be wrapped up in the next episode.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    'How would that fit with the plot, thought it was health related due to not attending his Occ Health appts?
    I've no idea, I'm just curious as to how it'll fit in, if he's ready to charge someone and he gets pulled off the case or whatever. Can't remember looking forward so much to an episode of anything for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    I've no idea, I'm just curious as to how it'll fit in, if he's ready to charge someone and he gets pulled off the case or whatever. Can't remember looking forward so much to an episode of anything for a long time!
    With you, it's the highlight of my week.

He could avoid that by just attending the appt....unless he's conveniently looking to get suspended because he's somehow involved, although that doesn't really fit with the series where he nearly died after he got launched over the staircase.

Mother of God, I'm all over the place with my suspect list/theories!

With you, it's the highlight of my week.

He could avoid that by just attending the appt....unless he's conveniently looking to get suspended because he's somehow involved, although that doesn't really fit with the series where he nearly died after he got launched over the staircase.

Mother of God, I'm all over the place with my suspect list/theories!
    I’m with you there fellah

I’m with you there fellah
    The wee donkey thing was funny, but I thought peak Ted last week was the warm, admiring look he gave Jo when she started quoting legislation to justify shooting Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    The wee donkey thing was funny, but I thought peak Ted last week was the warm, admiring look he gave Jo when she started quoting legislation to justify shooting Ryan.
    I found that particularly satisfying too.

That’s very true he does so much good it’s hard to keep up...

Aye, he was like she so didn't float up the Lagan in a bubble to his-self at that point eh.

Mare of East Town is really, really good.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Mare of East Town is really, really good.
    First episode was a bit slow with a lot of character building etc but it's ending stirred the interest. Tonight's episode was excellent, tension building throughout and another exciting ending. Kate Winslet is excellent. Highly recommended.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

LoD question again.

Why did Kate and Jo run away from the scene of Ryan's shooting?

I scrolled back but I couldn't see a reference to it.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Steve had just told Kate his new doubts about Hastings. And she knows their location is being tracked. So she has no confidence in AC12 and has to get out of the creepy car park because that’s where the hit was set up and there could be more OCG around too.
    Did she know the car was being tracked at that stage? I didn't think so.

She knew that Jo had taken her to the car park to be killed but ran away together without arresting her?

Plot hole methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Did she know the car was being tracked at that stage? I didn't think so.

She knew that Jo had taken her to the car park to be killed but ran away together without arresting her?

Plot hole methinks.
    Remember she said ‘how did they know we were here?’ Somethings not right’ or words to that effect. I took that to mean she guessed it. Basically everyone has gone rogue now, you can’t trust any of your back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    In the police, an Occ Health appointment on the back of a drug test that picked up self-medicating with painkillers would likely mean suspension. Even if it didn't, it would likely cause the truth to emerge about his back, leading to a medical retirement or similar.

Based on what we've see so far, I think it's just to highlight that Arnot's time may be as short as Hastings'.
    Even if they're over the counter things, which seems to be what Steve's taking, there's no suggestion he's on anything illegal? He is worried about the medical retirement though, he said as much to Steph a few episodes ago.

As a plot device, I agree, it just puts a hard time limit on Steve's involvement. Classic race against time stuff.

Remember she said ‘how did they know we were here?’ Somethings not right’ or words to that effect. I took that to mean she guessed it. Basically everyone has gone rogue now, you can’t trust any of your back up.
    Wasn't that after they had run off after the shooting?

A quick Google led me here, see Q2;

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...-theories/amp/
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 28-04-2021 at 10:29 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    There’s a lot of spoilers on this thread for those of us who haven’t caught up with line of duty.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    There’s a lot of spoilers on this thread for those of us who haven’t caught up with line of duty.
    Sorry, nothing more annoying. Maybe post it in Pet Peeve's

Apologies. I'm usually careful to avoid doing that, but my last post was added without thinking. I've deleted it now.

Maybe we should have a separate "Line of Duty Discussion - Spoiler Alert" thread for the inevitable discussion after the next episode.

FWIW, there's been some good points made on here which I hadn't thought about and which will probably help my enjoyment/understanding of the next episode.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Sorry, nothing more annoying. Maybe post it in Pet Peeve's
    I might do that
    Apologies. I'm usually careful to avoid doing that, but my last post was added without thinking. I've deleted it now.

Maybe we should have a separate "Line of Duty Discussion - Spoiler Alert" thread for the inevitable discussion after the next episode.

FWIW, there's been some good points made on here which I hadn't thought about and which will probably help my enjoyment/understanding of the next episode.
    A separate line of duty thread would probably have been the way to go, but it’s probably too late now. Thankfully I’ve managed to scroll past most of the posts.

United we stand here....

Defo have an LOD thread for the inevitable next series. I'd love that, find other people's theories interesting

Apologies, got carried away, next time have a separate thread

Wasn't that after they had run off after the shooting?

A quick Google led me here, see Q2;

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/...-theories/amp/
    I disagree with that article. As soon as she saw and heard the police sirens, the mental alarms would go off. And that’s before she took off, I’m sure.

I might do that

A separate line of duty thread would probably have been the way to go, but it’s probably too late now. Thankfully I’ve managed to scroll past most of the posts.
    Sorry for my part in that. I totally forgot.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Sorry for my part in that. I totally forgot.
    It's cool. I don't need to watch it now. I know the story.

Between The Lines is definitely better 😋

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    You won't get any spoilers from me - I've no idea what's going on.

Oops, sorry m'lord. Never thought of that.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Been watching viewpoint since Monday, but they have cancelled the last episode tonight because of the allegations against Noel Clarke.