hibs.net Messageboard

Page 146 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 6784

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished unforgotten now, glad I didn’t read this thread before I did! Some ending.
    What happened?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    What happened?
    Offshore Hibby got offshored.

I know this thread is for best tv but, watched the 1st 2 eps of Intruder, pretty dire so far.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I know this thread is for best tv but, watched the 1st 2 eps of Intruder, pretty dire so far.
    The lead actor is over dramatic. No subtlety at all.

The way they all actually go about doing fairly normal everyday things, just looks really unnatural.

I thought it sounded like a good show, but not sure I’ll continue with it much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    The lead actor is over dramatic. No subtlety at all.

The way they all actually go about doing fairly normal everyday things, just looks really unnatural.

I thought it sounded like a good show, but not sure I’ll continue with it much longer.
    If he shouts "Angela" as many times in the next ep somebody should give him a good boot in the Mark McGraws! ☺

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    If he shouts "Angela" as many times in the next ep somebody should give him a good boot in the Mark McGraws! ☺
    yeah I said that to my girlfriend last night too!

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Apologies brain obviously wasn't in gear
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Unforgotten!!!

Really gonna miss it.
    been commissioned for series 5. who knows if it'll be as good but it's been superb so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    yeah I said that to my girlfriend last night too!
    His wife was at it last night too. 😀

I recorded the ‘country music’ documentaries, or at least most of them having missed the very early years, on PBS America I think it was (if not it was paramount).

Not that I’ve watched that many in my time but it’s probably the most I’ve ever enjoyed a documentary series. Fascinating from start to finish every episode (and they aren’t short by any means!)... if that’s your sort of thing obviously.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    I've just finished the first series of Unforgotten and was confused by an aspect of the ending.

Can anyone who's watched it recently explain the relationship between Claire (the old lady with Dementia) and her eldest son in the final episode? It seemed out of place with other events to the point that I'm wondering if I missed its significance.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Just watched episode 2 tonight and came on here to post the same thing. He says it 24 times in one scene.
    It's so bad that we are now watching it for comedy value.

I did an impression of him and 2 of my dogs staring barking at me.

Finished the final series of “The Bridge” the other night on the I-player.

Really good tv, we loved it.

A few wee quirks that irritated me a wee bit but it was generally excellent so they didn’t spoil it.

I also thought it was quite good to watch something with subtitles. Often these days you pick up your phone and lose attention etc. When you have to read the subtitles to know what’s going on you pay attention that little bit better, and it was quite good for me to immerse myself in it away from my phone, I think.
    Last edited by Smartie; 11-04-2021 at 01:30 PM.

There's a new series on Alba called Tir Is Teanga.

It's a pretty simple concept. A guy visits an area, climbs a few hills or mountains and talks to a couple of people about the area. Episode 1 was in Knoydart and episode 2 was Glencoe.

It's just really easy watching. Loads of interesting information about how places were named and the influence of Norse, Gaelic and Scots on that. It's subtitled but I find Gaelic quite soothing to listen to so that just adds to it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's a new series on Alba called Tir Is Teanga.

It's a pretty simple concept. A guy visits an area, climbs a few hills or mountains and talks to a couple of people about the area. Episode 1 was in Knoydart and episode 2 was Glencoe.

It's just really easy watching. Loads of interesting information about how places were named and the influence of Norse, Gaelic and Scots on that. It's subtitled but I find Gaelic quite soothing to listen to so that just adds to it.
    I love shows like that. Weirs way was excellent and the more up to date version with Paul Mureton is great as well.

United we stand here....

Line of Duty keeps delivering, last nights was the best yet. Some classic Ted scenes and some edge of the seat action.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    been commissioned for series 5. who knows if it'll be as good but it's been superb so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I've watched the first 3 series but not got round to the last series yet. Unfortunately I did read the earlier posted spoiler.

I've found it decent but it is a bit formulaic. Start with discovered body, introduce 3 or 4 suspects who appear completely unrelated then slowly show how they are linked. It's still very good and I've enjoyed it but wouldn't say its at the top of my favourites.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Line of Duty keeps delivering, last nights was the best yet. Some classic Ted scenes and some edge of the seat action.
    The interview scene with Buckels was brilliant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Did you see Teds disapproving raised eyebrow when Buckles saucy text messages were introduced? Classic

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Just watching an excellent TV show about economic migrants. The story follows a few of the estimated 80,000 migrants (mainly young men of fighting age) who left their troubled country to seek work in a wealthy country. The show depicts men who are desperate to earn money and are willing to work and live in grim conditions because there they're better than what awaits them at home. As well as not paying taxes on their earnings, most of these men end up in conflict with their host countries culture and find it difficult to integrate outside of their own ethnic group. All in all a great watch and a bit of an eye opener. Despite Brexit, "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" has aged quite well.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Just watching an excellent TV show about economic migrants. The story follows a few of the estimated 80,000 migrants (mainly young men of fighting age) who left their troubled country to seek work in a wealthy country. The show depicts men who are desperate to earn money and are willing to work and live in grim conditions because there they're better than what awaits them at home. As well as not paying taxes on their earnings, most of these men end up in conflict with their host countries culture and find it difficult to integrate outside of their own ethnic group. All in all a great watch and a bit of an eye opener. Despite Brexit, "Auf Wiedersehen, Pet" has aged quite well.
    It was a brilliant show and a must-watch for most people at the time.

It's interesting that most of the actors were basically unknown when the series started but went on to have very good careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    I have the box set and return to it quite often. Classic writing although by modern standards the production is really clunky and some of the storylines don’t pass the modern PC test. 40 years old so hardly surprising. Timothy Spall as Barry and Wayne as the cockney geezer are class.

Did I miss them explaining the three letters after these womens names or are we supposed to work them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Did I miss them explaining the three letters after these womens names or are we supposed to work them out?
    I don't think they said but I think it was implied it was some kind of code for what he got up to with each of them.

I don't think they said but I think it was implied it was some kind of code for what he got up to with each of them.
    Debbie Really Good Thumbs? Couldn't mention one for BJL as my lips are sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It was a brilliant show and a must-watch for most people at the time.

It's interesting that most of the actors were basically unknown when the series started but went on to have very good careers.
    That's living alright! 😉

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Unforgotten season 2 outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Unforgotten season 2 outstanding
    I just finished Season 2 last night and was slightly disappointed with it. I can't quite put my finger on why but I think it felt like there was a lack of resolution.

Having said that, the emotion of the storyline, how it was written and how it was acted, was absolutely top drawer.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=129193815852419

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    https://news.stv.tv/west-central/mother-of-god-cafe-launches-range-of-line-of-duty-biscuits

😁
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.