hibs.net Messageboard

Page 130 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,900 of 6852

Thread: Best tv

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Sky Atlantic have the Leftovers on from the start at the minute (think you can get the first 6 episodes on catch up still) and are showing them daily.

One of the best shows I've seen.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sky Atlantic have the Leftovers on from the start at the minute (think you can get the first 6 episodes on catch up still) and are showing them daily.

Agreed, I loved it.

United we stand here....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Just watched it, it's not getting any better. 😴
    It’s really not, and it’s been like this for ages. I’m committed to watching now though!

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It’s really not, and it’s been like this for ages. I’m committed to watching now though!
    Couldnae understand the horde going past Carol and Lydia as they had a wee hug?

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    The latest episode of The Walking Dead was pretty rubbish again. Seemed to be The Walking Dead meets Star Wars at the end...
    Rick might turn up in a Darth Vader costume in the first episode of the next series! ☺

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Has anyone watched shooter on Netflix?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Watched the first two episodes of Designated Survivor, looks like a decent series
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Now that Sky Arts is available on Freeview (no it isn't in some areas!!) and Freesat I'm enjoying the series on Architecture.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar

I watched it for a bit but eventually gave up on it. Got frustrated that it seemed to be going the way of lost and you never got any closer to finding out what was going on. Did they ever reveal any answers? Worth giving it a second try or am I likely to get similarly frustrated second time round?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    THE mole infiltrating North Koria on BBC iplayer is extraordinary, cant recommend it enough
    watched this last night brilliant watch, unbelievable set of stones on those guys

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    THE mole infiltrating North Koria on BBC iplayer is extraordinary, cant recommend it enough
    Watched it this afternoon. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The Mole & Mr James are the ultimate radges. Planning a trip to DPRK for my 50th in a couple of years and watched loads of films in it. This one is up there with the best and from a very different POV.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    I watched it for a bit but eventually gave up on it. Got frustrated that it seemed to be going the way of lost and you never got any closer to finding out what was going on. Did they ever reveal any answers? Worth giving it a second try or am I likely to get similarly frustrated second time round?
    Watch it again but don’t think about finding out what happened, that’s not really what it’s about so if you’re looking for clues or a storyline to suggest it, it’s going to pass you by.

I loved it from the start but i know some folk who felt that by the end of season one it was worth sticking with but season two and season three were excellent.

I just think it’s got a bit of everything, the casting is brilliant, there’s drama, emotion, some laughs, it’s serious and dark and uplifting - and the soundtrack to it is amazing, it perfectly suits the show.

There are only a handful of TV series that i would genuinely watch again knowing they’d be just as good, and this is one.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Watch it again but don’t think about finding out what happened, that’s not really what it’s about so if you’re looking for clues or a storyline to suggest it, it’s going to pass you by.

I loved it from the start but i know some folk who felt that by the end of season one it was worth sticking with but season two and season three were excellent.

I just think it’s got a bit of everything, the casting is brilliant, there’s drama, emotion, some laughs, it’s serious and dark and uplifting - and the soundtrack to it is amazing, it perfectly suits the show.

There are only a handful of TV series that i would genuinely watch again knowing they’d be just as good, and this is one.

Absolutely loved the Leftovers Matty

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I’m still here repping the West Wing.

Would love for Netflix or Amazon to buy the rights to it. Best series I’ve ever watched bar none.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

I re-watched Frasier recently. A bit dated in parts nowadays, but still excellent and one of my favourite shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I’m still here repping the West Wing.

Would love for Netflix or Amazon to buy the rights to it. Best series I’ve ever watched bar none.
    I was thinking about the West Wing yesterday. With all the goings on with the current incumbent of the White House, the way they portray the characters’ respect for public service and institutions it must seem like ancient political history now? I might see if mrs bollah wants to rewatch it, we’ve got the 7 season box set in the back of a cupboard.

Toby definitely the best character. Interestingly, in real life Tobys role of comms director doesn’t exist, Trump doesn’t have one.
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 15-10-2020 at 07:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I was thinking about the West Wing yesterday. With all the goings on with the current incumbent of the White House, the way they portray the characters’ respect for public service and institutions it must seem like ancient political history now? I might see if mrs bollah wants to rewatch it, we’ve got the 7 season box set in the back of a cupboard.

Toby definitely the best character. Interestingly, in real life Tobys role of comms director doesn’t exist, Trump doesn’t have one.
    Theres a reunion episode airing tonight in America.

Tied to getting people to vote.

Richard Schiff (Toby) has just tweeted that he's asked HBO about broadcasting it in the UK as he'd had a lot of requests
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    I re-watched Frasier recently. A bit dated in parts nowadays, but still excellent and one of my favourite shows.
    Can I ask where you watched it? It’s one of my friends favourite programs and she’s been looking for it but couldn’t find it anywhere. She’s looking at buying the DVDs now cause she can’t find it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Taskmaster came back for series 10 last night - and it’s first on Channel 4 - and it was as consistently brilliant as ever.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think he does. It's the role Sean Spicer and Anthony Scaramucci (briefly) filled. It's also one of the various roles Trump has given to Hope Hicks to justify her presence in the White House.

I can't remember the name of the woman who's doing it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I think he does. It's the role Sean Spicer and Anthony Scaramucci (briefly) filled. It's also one of the various roles Trump has given to Hope Hicks to justify her presence in the White House.

I can't remember the name of the woman who's doing it now though.
    He has had SIX comms directors over the last four years! All sacked and sent to the Siberian salt mines, now he’s saying the role is unnecessary. There is a comms assistant called Alyssa something, Kayleigh is the press secretary, the CJ character.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Taskmaster came back for series 10 last night - and it’s first on Channel 4 - and it was as consistently brilliant as ever.
    I absolutely love Taskmaster.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

He has had SIX comms directors over the last four years! All sacked and sent to the Siberian salt mines, now he’s saying the role is unnecessary. There is a comms assistant called Alyssa something, Kayleigh is the press secretary, the CJ character.
    You're right. It was Stephanie Grisham I was thinking of, but apparently she got the bullet in April. It's hard to keep up!

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar

Agreed on Toby. He was fantastic.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

You're right. It was Stephanie Grisham I was thinking of, but apparently she got the bullet in April. It's hard to keep up!
    It’s an interesting question; does a President have the power to leave executive roles vacant, which in effect increases his personal autocracy? In the UK Dom Cummings can and does sideline civil servants, but they are appointed by the Crown so the Government of the day can’t actually get rid of the post itself.

For another thread

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Can I ask where you watched it? It’s one of my friends favourite programs and she’s been looking for it but couldn’t find it anywhere. She’s looking at buying the DVDs now cause she can’t find it.
    I’ve got it on DVD, but often end up watching random episodes on Chanel 4 when stumble across them. Think I also saw them on Prime to buy, but sure she could probably get them on DVD from somewhere like CEX relatively cheaply.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Agreed on Toby. He was fantastic.
    I rewatched the West Wing over spring/summer and was surprised at how much I disliked Leo's character. I can't remember feeling that way the first time I watched it.

The few things I've managed to watch recently have been:

The Fall: Really enjoyed it, but it was a bit anti-climactic.

Gangs of London: Also really enjoyed it, but some scenes were beyond ridiculous - definitely a "suspend your disbelief" type show. I saw another poster on this thread refer to it as "dystopian", which I hadn't really picked up on, but which might explain some of those scenes.

The World's Toughest Race: I wouldn't usually watch this type of thing, but thought it was brilliant. It was so good, I managed to avoid smashing my TV screen for the limited time Bear Grylls was on it.

Hunters: Was OK. Very strange in places, like it didn't really know how seriously to take itself. I read it upset organisations representing Holocaust survivors and I can understand why.

Des: What a let down. I was expecting big things after reading reviews online (including on here), so I accept I'm in the minority, but I was really disappointed with this. I like David Tennant, but I'd describe him as "entertaining" in this, which I don't think is how I should feel about the depiction of a real-life serial killer. The rest of the acting performances were poor but, to be fair, the actors didn't have much to work with. I though the plot was totally one-dimensional and I kept waiting for some twist to make it all worth it...but it never came.

Carnival Row: I wasn't sure about this after the first episode, but really glad I stuck with it four episodes in. It's fantasy nonsense, but it knows it's fantasy nonsense and embraces that. I'm not usually a big fan of fantasy, but there's something really appealing about another world when our real one is so depressing.

I rewatched the West Wing over spring/summer and was surprised at how much I disliked Leo's character. I can't remember feeling that way the first time I watched it.
    On the dislike meter, it’s the Josh character that annoys me most. You’ve basically got Chandler from Friends as a political advisor.

The themes stand up okay even today. The sibling rivalry. The complex relationship with his father. Niles' unrequited love for Daphne. Tremendous show - my favourite for years - and only recently surpassed as my favourite by Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I have meant to watch it through from the start for a while... might just dig out my DVDs over the weekend...