hibs.net Messageboard

Page 151 of 229 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,530 of 6851

Thread: Best tv

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was clever and subtle. Loved it.
    ... and bitter and cynical. I loved it too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I liked the ending of Line of Duty in the sense it made it's point.

In the context of the ludicrous nature of the show and the escapism it has provided over the years? I wanted guns, bombs, daring escapes and a public flogging.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Not sure if this comment should be on here or on the Pet Peeves thread...

Reading people's comments on Line of Duty and the 'explainer' in the final episode vaguely reminded me of 'Life on Mars'/'Ashes to Ashes' (partly because Adrian Dunbar was in both) and how disappointed I was in the way they explained everything in the last episode.

The explanation, that it was all a kind of purgatory for ex police officers, sounds interesting but totally contradicted large parts of previous episodes and plotlines.

I was honestly a bit disappointed that the writer(s) decided to wrap it up like that and felt it was like 'we need a dramatic and surprising ending but we'll need to really hope the viewers haven't paid too much attention previously, or maybe are going a bit senile and can't remember the earlier stuff'.

It all seemed a bit 'Eastenders Scriptwriting' to me.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    The build up to the last episode was fantastic,the last episode was shan,sorry.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    The build up to the last episode was fantastic,the last episode was shan,sorry.
    Just caught up on the last episode now.

Not sure what I was expecting but an explosive and compelling end to a series, and maybe the whole thing, it certainly was not.

Average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Just caught up on the last episode now.

Not sure what I was expecting but an explosive and compelling end to a series, and maybe the whole thing, it certainly was not.

Average at best.
    It was disappointing to say the least.

Finished Your Honor thought it was very good indeed.

Watched the first three episodes of Mare of Easttown and really enjoying it. It's got a bit of a Sharp Objects feel to it.
    Last edited by Future17; 07-05-2021 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Not woken up yet...

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Rubbish endings to long running shows is hardly new.

Writers on lots of shows have traditionally struggled.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Watched the first three episodes of Mare of Easttown and really enjoying it. It's got a bit of a Sharp Objects feel to it.
    Watched the first two episodes last night, got promise so far, love programmes like this when you try to work out who it is, probably a lot more twist and turns to come, agree that it has the same fell as sharp objects which was really good

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Did anyone watch Netflix "The I Land"? **** acting, crap dialogue and a weird storyline but somehow I got pulled in and watched the entire limited series in 2 sessions.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Did anyone watch Netflix "The I Land"? **** acting, crap dialogue and a weird storyline but somehow I got pulled in and watched the entire limited series in 2 sessions.
    I watched an episode and a half then couldn't be bothered.

I watched "I Care a Lot" on Netflix last night and thought it was pretty good. Rosamund Pike is an exellent psychopath.

Halfway through Carnival Row, it's amazing what goes on in some people's heads.

I watched about 25 minutes of Intergalactic on Sky.

Wow. The biggest pile of rubbish I have seen in a long time! The opening scene was bad enough but by the time it got to the takeover of the space prison I simply could not take anymore.

Binned. Immediately.

I watched about 25 minutes of Intergalactic on Sky.

Wow. The biggest pile of rubbish I have seen in a long time! The opening scene was bad enough but by the time it got to the takeover of the space prison I simply could not take anymore.

Binned. Immediately.
    It certainly is pretty poor stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It certainly is pretty poor stuff.
    It was one of those where I couldn’t help myself but immediately start think wtf?

I mean the opening scene 120 years in the future or whatever has someone actually manually flying a plane. Then they detect the fugitive but have to land and chase them on foot...without being able to track them. Then she has to jump on said fugitive and have a fist fight to detain them.

After getting over that horror and the ridiculous office of the top boy who seems to be a bee keeper on the job we get transported to a prison ship.

Where the prisoners need to ask to go to the toilet like they are in primary school.

Then there is more awful acting before somehow we learn the prison guards are equipped with ballistic guns (on a space ship ffs!) that anyone can just grab and use (nope no biometric triggers here!).

And lo and behold the prisoners can then magically appear in the control room undetected after somehow all escaping their cells.

They then promptly fire off the guns (in a spaceship ffs! ) and kill everyone, including the very people staring at screens which are meant to be monitoring the prison.

Honestly I could go on but you get the idea

Awful. Truly awful.

It was one of those where I couldn’t help myself but immediately start think wtf?

I mean the opening scene 120 years in the future or whatever has someone actually manually flying a plane. Then they detect the fugitive but have to land and chase them on foot...without being able to track them. Then she has to jump on said fugitive and have a fist fight to detain them.

After getting over that horror and the ridiculous office of the top boy who seems to be a bee keeper on the job we get transported to a prison ship.

Where the prisoners need to ask to go to the toilet like they are in primary school.

Then there is more awful acting before somehow we learn the prison guards are equipped with ballistic guns (on a space ship ffs!) that anyone can just grab and use (nope no biometric triggers here!).

And lo and behold the prisoners can then magically appear in the control room undetected after somehow all escaping their cells.

They then promptly fire off the guns (in a spaceship ffs! ) and kill everyone, including the very people staring at screens which are meant to be monitoring the prison.

Honestly I could go on but you get the idea

Awful. Truly awful.
    Decent enough summary of ep1! 😀

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Anyone watched StartUp on Netflix. Watched the first couple of episodes last night and was very impressed. It's got a bit of a Breaking Bad/The Wire/Ozarks feeling about it. Martin Freeman surprisingly good in the bad cop role.

Third series of Motherland (all eps including the full new series on i-player). The first episode is called Nit Pandemic, there's an outbreak at the school and they school organises covid style briefings. A few comparisons made to covid restrictions without actually mentioning the pandemic. Really funny, well written by Sharon Horgan who stars in it alongside Anna Maxwell Martin. It's unusual for a series to get better, but imo the third series is the funniest so far.

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone watched StartUp on Netflix. Watched the first couple of episodes last night and was very impressed. It's got a bit of a Breaking Bad/The Wire/Ozarks feeling about it. Martin Freeman surprisingly good in the bad cop role.

That sounds quite decent, went and checked up on it and others were also saying it had a bit of a breaking bad feel to it, struggling for stuff to watch so thanks for the heads up.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but Unforgotten on Netflix is very good. British crime drama, great acting and writing.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Tonight once my wife and daughters went up to their beds, I took your advice and started watching it.

Right from the start there's really loud ****ging scenes every 5 minutes and now my family think I'm a raging pervert.

Cheers mate!

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but Unforgotten on Netflix is very good. British crime drama, great acting and writing.
    Which series are you watching? I thought the best one was the first series with Tom Courtenay, that was a really good cast. I'm not a big fan of Nicola Walker, she gets good parts in plenty well written drama's, but she's got the same mannerisms and acting technique in everything I've seen her in.

Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    Which series are you watching? I thought the best one was the first series with Tom Courtenay, that was a really good cast. I'm not a big fan of Nicola Walker, she gets good parts in plenty well written drama's, but she's got the same mannerisms and acting technique in everything I've seen her in.
    Just finishing the first series now, it was a random recommendation from Netflix, I’ll be honest I don’t watch many dramas these days so this is the first thing I’ve seen her in, which is maybe lucky since I can’t make that comparison between her different roles

Just finishing the first series now, it was a random recommendation from Netflix, I’ll be honest I don’t watch many dramas these days so this is the first thing I’ve seen her in, which is maybe lucky since I can’t make that comparison between her different roles
    She was in Last Tango in Paradise, that's not a crime drama, but worth watching. I think there's several series on i-player.

Enjoy the rest of the series.

Edit *Last Tango in Halifax
    Last edited by Santa Cruz; 15-05-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Tonight once my wife and daughters went up to their beds, I took your advice and started watching it.

Right from the start there's really loud ****ging scenes every 5 minutes and now my family think I'm a raging pervert.

Cheers mate!
    Now? How have you kept it hidden so long?!?

I said exactly the same thing about Nicola Walker. Not only are the mannerisms the same, but I find them to be very annoying.

Now? How have you kept it hidden so long?!?

I said exactly the same thing about Nicola Walker. Not only are the mannerisms the same, but I find them to be very annoying.

She was in Last Tango in Paradise, that's not a crime drama, but worth watching. I think there's several series on i-player.

Enjoy the rest of the series.
    Thank you 👍🏻

@hibs.net private member
    Mentioned? There’s a whole massive spoiler a few pages back.

@hibs.net private member

Same here - I think I said it earlier on this thread. She’s always on the verge of tears - same when she was in Spooks.

It’s straight from the Anna Friel book on acting.