hibs.net Messageboard

Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,150 of 3165

Thread: Best tv

  1. #3121
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,391
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Just finished the Aaron Hernandez mini documentary. Thought it was a very interesting watch and just insane how he played a NFL season on the back of the first murder he committed.

    Halfway through S1 of Sex Education. Thought it started quite slow but has got better


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #3122
    Watched first episode of the pharmacist last night. Promising so far.

  4. #3123
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,424
    Just finished watching the final episode of The New Pope.

    It was brilliant and I loved it, but I really have no idea why.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  5. #3124
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,435
    Sex Education is getting better with every episode

  6. #3125
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,329
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just finished the Aaron Hernandez mini documentary. Thought it was a very interesting watch and just insane how he played a NFL season on the back of the first murder he committed.
    Watched that last week. As you say madness that he commits a double murder then plays a season of NFL like nothing has happened. Interesting watch, and a bit crazy how someone with so much money can throw it all away so stupidly. Can tell his father's death played a major role.

  7. #3126
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,770
    I see season 2 of Narcos Mexico is now out. Enjoyed both Narcos & Narcos Mexico.

    Better Call Saul new season out on the 24th as well.

  8. #3127
    "The Kingslayer" SteveHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,952
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I see season 2 of Narcos Mexico is now out. Enjoyed both Narcos & Narcos Mexico.

    Better Call Saul new season out on the 24th as well.
    Watched the first episode of season 2 of Narcos today. Really good start
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16


  9. #3128
    New series of Hospital on BBC. Every single series is just fascinating. For all it's faults the NHS is amazing.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  10. #3129
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,152
    The Passenger on All4, quite good so far, although hitmen with less accuracy than members of The A-Team is a bit hard to accept.

  11. #3130
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Some where over the rainbow
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,610
    I see the new hearts documentary must be starting on Ch4 this month, Duncanville.

    https://www.geektown.co.uk/tvairdates/duncanville/
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

  12. #3131
    Testimonial Due Hibee87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    2,491
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree the 2nd one edges it ĎThe Legend Of Old Greggí is a masterpiece!
    Ever drank baileys from a shoe? 😂😂

  13. #3132
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,677
    Not sure if previously mentioned but Aquarius on Netflix is pretty good. A spin on the Charles Manson story with a good soundtrack.

  14. #3133
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,435
    Programme called ďAmazon: what they know about usĒ is on BBC 1. Absolutely fascinating, but Jeff Beazos trying to disguise his data mining to take advantage of markets as borderline altruism is a bit of a stretch.

  15. #3134
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've started to watch The Vietnam War documentary on Netflix. I've seen loads of Vietnam films but never realised fully why it happened.

    Cracking series. Some of the footage is horrific mind you. Must have been terrifying for all sides.
    Iíll need to give it a go. I was in Vietnam 5 years ago and found the war stuff fascinating. We visited the tunnels and that was eye opening as to some of the stuff that went on.

    We then went to the war museum in Ho Chi Minh but lasted all of 15 minutes as my ex-wife collapsed and banged her head at the sight of the photos showing the torture that went on.

  16. #3135
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíll need to give it a go. I was in Vietnam 5 years ago and found the war stuff fascinating. We visited the tunnels and that was eye opening as to some of the stuff that went on.

    We then went to the war museum in Ho Chi Minh but lasted all of 15 minutes as my ex-wife collapsed and banged her head at the sight of the photos showing the torture that went on.
    I did both of those two. Interestingly our tour guide for the tunnels was a Vietnamese who had lived through the war from the 'American side' was not a fan of the museum, and I think he referred to it as a "bull****" museum.

    There was nothing bull**** about the horrific images though. I'm guessing he didn't like the fact it was all told from one side (anti-american etc) when he had seen it from the other point of view.

    Is indeed fascinating stuff and the films/documentaries always appeal to me.

  17. #3136
    @hibs.net private member wpj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    london
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,677
    I watched the first episode of Hunters on Prime earlier, not sure where it is going tbh. Seems like a mix of genres for now, will stick with it and see if it is a grower or not. Any other opinions so far?

  18. #3137
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,391
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Just completed Sex Education. Thought it was decent although very predictable. A lot of characters you genuinely like and it does a great job of making you smile. Interesting to see what new characters will be added for season 3 next year.

    Going to start Stranger Things next. Heard a lot of good things about it.

  19. #3138
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    9,902
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I watched the first episode of Hunters on Prime earlier, not sure where it is going tbh. Seems like a mix of genres for now, will stick with it and see if it is a grower or not. Any other opinions so far?
    Just finished episode 2.

    Itís a half decent watch. As you say a bit of a quirky mix with a touch of Tarantino thrown in but overall quite good I think.

  20. #3139
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    40,091
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Anyone watching The New Pope? It's excellent.

    Started the last season of Homeland as well, been a big fan of three series up until this one. Unfortunately, without giving too much away, episode one of the final season is just one big "well that wouldn't happen".
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  21. #3140
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watching The New Pope? It's excellent.

    Started the last season of Homeland as well, been a big fan of three series up until this one. Unfortunately, without giving too much away, episode one of the final season is just one big "well that wouldn't happen".
    I've watched the first two episodes and thought they've been pretty good, although it's always a slow build with Homeland. Didn't see anything in episode 1 that stretched credibility more than previous series. It was actually the end of the 2nd episode which was approaching unbelievable to me.

  22. #3141
    Better Call Saul back today with the second episode available tomorrow morning.

    Usual season opener, not a classic but setting things in motion for whatís to come.

  23. #3142
    @hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    in a house in Bathgate
    Posts
    35,233
    Ozark is back on 27th march with a 10-episode 3rd season

    still to watch the walking dead return last night
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 25-02-2020 at 05:57 AM.

  24. #3143
    Coaching Staff Sylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lanark/Palo Alto
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,454
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Iíve been watching The Stranger on Netflix the past couple of days. Itís really good and the multiple stories unravel very nicely.

  25. #3144
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finished Season 1 of Westworld earlier this evening, excellent stuff!
    Halfway through season 2, nowhere near as good IMHO.

  26. #3145
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Halfway through season 2, nowhere near as good IMHO.
    Iíve not watched S2 yet didnít think S1 lives up to the hype.

  27. #3146
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ozark is back on 27th march with a 10-episode 3rd season

    still to watch the walking dead return last night
    Ozark is definitely one of the best recent series.

    The walking dead is awful but will keep going.

  28. #3147
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    42,424
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone watching The New Pope? It's excellent.

    Started the last season of Homeland as well, been a big fan of three series up until this one. Unfortunately, without giving too much away, episode one of the final season is just one big "well that wouldn't happen".
    I mentioned The New Pope earlier on this thread. I loved it.

    It's so surreal, I think I said it was more art than drama, and I still don't know wtf it was about, but it was utterly compelling.

    I've started the final season of Homeland. You know there are 8 seasons, Matty?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  29. #3148
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    42
    Posts
    11,956
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ozark is definitely one of the best recent series.

    The walking dead is awful but will keep going.
    Ozark is possibly the best I've seen.

    I'm delighted that Saul is back as well.

    Two top notch programmes that should keep me occupied for a while.

  30. #3149
    Coaching Staff HUTCHYHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    EDINBURGH
    Age
    48
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve not watched S2 yet didnít think S1 lives up to the hype.
    The writers seem to have disappeared up their own jacksies, trying to be way too smart, that's only my opinion though. Having viewed the trailer for s3 it looks like more of the same.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 25-02-2020 at 07:18 PM.

  31. #3150
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    43
    Posts
    30,393
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ozark is back on 27th march with a 10-episode 3rd seas


    Fantastic

    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    still to watch the walking dead return last night
    Thought it was really good
    Last edited by HibbyAndy; 25-02-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved