hibs.net Messageboard

Page 164 of 228 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,920 of 6838

Thread: Best tv

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Santa Cruz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah it was, it must have been even harder for families affected. They couldn't have cast two better actors as the main characters to tell the story.
    I read a review if it saying it was a bit of a game of 2 halves - 1st part excellent, 2nd unrealistic. Well acted obviously but just a bit unbelievable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Did anyone watch the revived Never Mind the Buzzcocks on Sky?

If you didn't then the original series are easily available online. Watch them instead.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I read a review if it saying it was a bit of a game of 2 halves - 1st part excellent, 2nd unrealistic. Well acted obviously but just a bit unbelievable.
    Aye that's probably fair. I got that wrapped up in the story I never really thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Did anyone watch the revived Never Mind the Buzzcocks on Sky?

If you didn't then the original series are easily available online. Watch them instead.
    It wasn’t great highlight was Noel’s Sonic Youth jumper.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    Just finished series 2 of Marco Polo on Netflix, how historically accurate it is I’ve no idea, but I enjoyed it and looking forward to the next series whenever that might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    Just finished The North Water with Colin Farrell, Stephen Graham and Jack O'Connell, Set In the 1850's aboard a whaling ship, Farrell plays an absolute murderous lunatic set against some amazing scenery, gripping TV although quite dark and brutal at times, great performances throughout the whole cast and being only five episodes it's a quick and easy watch, highly recommended
    Finished it yesterday, tremendous viewing, not unlike The Terror but, a great watch. I've really liked Jack O'Connell since he was on Skins, stole the show there and here and on 71 too. Pete Mullen was his usual brilliant self on The North Water too.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 23-09-2021 at 03:52 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Finished it yesterday, tremendous viewing, not unlike The Terror but, a great watch. I've really liked Jack O'Connell since he was on Skins, stole the show there and here and on 71 too. Pete Mullen was his usual brilliant self on The North Water too.
    I got that comparison with the Terror which was equally as good, just brilliant performances all round. Peter Mullen is great, Even when he played a Hillbilly drug dealer in Ozark I thought he nailed it

Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    I got that comparison with the Terror which was equally as good, just brilliant performances all round. Peter Mullen is great, Even when he played a Hillbilly drug dealer in Ozark I thought he nailed it
    Never watched that but, Tyrannosaur, everybody nailed it, my all time favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiembra View Post
    Just finished series 2 of Marco Polo on Netflix, how historically accurate it is I’ve no idea, but I enjoyed it and looking forward to the next series whenever that might be.
    Didn't realise there was a second series. Feels like 5 years ago.i watched the first series.

Does anyone watch Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing? One of my favourite programmes of the last few years, I’ve no interest in fishing but the two of them reminiscing and having a laugh in beautiful surroundings is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    Does anyone watch Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing? One of my favourite programmes of the last few years, I’ve no interest in fishing but the two of them reminiscing and having a laugh in beautiful surroundings is fantastic.
    It’s a cracking wee programme.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Just finished Britannia.

Zoe Wanamaker is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Just finished Britannia.

Zoe Wanamaker is outstanding.
    Yet to watch series 3, cracking programme though.

The Squid Game on Netflix. Dystopian fun.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The Squid Game on Netflix. Dystopian fun.
    Was gonna watch that , Is it dubbed though ?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Was gonna watch that , Is it dubbed though ?
    Choice of both I watched with subtitles. Absolutely class but disturbing

They are showing Blake’s 7 on the forces channel.

Still class😀

Quote Originally Posted by patch1875 View Post
    A real go to watch, especially after a stressful day. Guaranteed happy vibes.

Started SOA on Tuesday superb !

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Has anyone watched Community before? Thinks it’s quite old now, but I’d never heard of it until I stumbled upon a YouTube video of all its movie references side by side with the actual scene. They were quite good so giving it a try.

Watched the first episode and it was decent. Only half an hour an episode so a quick and easy watch.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Has anyone watched Community before? Thinks it’s quite old now, but I’d never heard of it until I stumbled upon a YouTube video of all its movie references side by side with the actual scene. They were quite good so giving it a try.

Watched the first episode and it was decent. Only half an hour an episode so a quick and easy watch.
    It’s ok. Not as good as a lot of other US sitcoms out there though, The Office, Always Sunny, Curb, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, are all better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post

Yes it's great. Probably tails off in later seasons and gets a bit too clever for itself.

From memory there is a Goodfellas episode that is amazing in the first season. It's all very meta but if you're a big movie buff and you enjoy the references then it's good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    It’s ok. Not as good as a lot of other US sitcoms out there though, The Office, Always Sunny, Curb, 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, are all better.
    If anyone is looking for another comedy in a similar vein to this type of stuff, one underseen gem IMO is "Party Down". There are only 2 seasons but it's brilliant.

Squid games

Outstanding

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Squid games

Outstanding
    Very good. Guessed the main twists in it though.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Squid games

Outstanding
    The dubbing on some of Netflix programmes leaves a lot to be desired…I ended up whacking it into subtitles and enjoyed it much more.

Quite why most of the characters in their dubbed series have to have American accents is beyond me.

They also seem incapable of layering the voice over into the main sound so the voices always seem to be sitting ‘on top’ of everything else which is rather disconcerting.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    The dubbing on some of Netflix programmes leaves a lot to be desired…I ended up whacking it into subtitles and enjoyed it much more.

Quite why most of the characters in their dubbed series have to have American accents is beyond me.

They also seem incapable of layering the voice over into the main sound so the voices always seem to be sitting ‘on top’ of everything else which is rather disconcerting.
    Haha. The majority of what I watch on French TV is dubbed. When I was still in the UK I used to find watching dubbed films really annoying - after 17 years here I hardly even notice it now.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Haha. The majority of what I watch on French TV is dubbed. When I was still in the UK I used to find watching dubbed films really annoying - after 17 years here I hardly even notice it now.
    My ex wife used to translate English language films and TV series from English into German. I used to deliver the raw translations to the German dubbing producers and got to know some of them on a friendly basis and used to spend time watching them work. The first job was to adapt the raw translation into something that worked with the lip synchronisation of the original film. This is why sometimes the subtitles don't match with what is actually being said. I also got to know the synchronisation voices of a few famous tv characters like Captain Picard, the Simpsons, Arthur Daley and Dr Hannibal Lecter to name a few. The Germans do a great job in synchronisation, which is a pity because most of their neighbours only do subtitles and their standards of English are much higher.

The finale of Squid Games wasnt what Id expected at all, just didn’t see it coming. Such an unsettling idea, there must be an appetite for such dark TV because it’s been a viewing figure phenomenon for Netflix.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The finale of Squid Games wasnt what Id expected at all, just didn’t see it coming. Such an unsettling idea, there must be an appetite for such dark TV because it’s been a viewing figure phenomenon for Netflix.
    I’m half way through Squid Game. It’s actually annoying that it’s so popular as I have seen spoilers from memes on social media. One of which is obviously a twist at the end given why apparently happened in the episode I watched last night.