Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

skellett. takeover

Richard skellett being linked to takeover bid according to daily mail

2. Log in to remove the advert

Who?

Link?

BBC sport gossip Scotland section

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Call me an old skeptic but Even if I was the worlds greatest person for "thinking outside the box" I'd probably cringe seeing such management-babble written about me.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Maybe he could outsource us to the SPFL....that or the j league whatever's good

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call me an old skeptic but Even if I was the worlds greatest person for "thinking outside the box" I'd probably cringe seeing such management-babble written about me.
    Id settle for folk thinking inside the box, look at the goals we are losing

Is this not the guy Globalhibby that was on here before, pretty sure that's the name I was given at the time for who he was??

He may have to do a lot of that if he is to out fox Tache and Farmer. love the phrase out source basically finding people in poorer countries to make the same product and pay them a pittance thus increasing profits .. Whatever he does the blurb was keen to point out its worldwide .
    There isn't. Lot of info on him

Bottom line ............... how much money has he got

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Is this not the guy Globalhibby that was on here before, pretty sure that's the name I was given at the time for who he was??
    Yes.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    He posted on here? Is he still a member?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Allied??.... if he knows as much about running a football club as he does about carpets then it might be a good move

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    love the phrase out source basically finding people in poorer countries to make the same product and pay them a pittance thus increasing profits ..
    Or it could mean he out sources to somewhere with better skills, reduces his own overheads allowing him to maximise the return to his shareholders. Meaning if he does need capital going forward he would have no problem raising it???

There is nothing wrong in making money!

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    The hibby with1 million up front and £200,000 every month after..... Who's with me guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Persevere80 View Post
    The hibby with1 million up front and £200,000 every month after..... Who's with me guy?
    That's him. £1m up front and £20k a month IIRC. He's going to have to come up with a lot more than that to have a credible bid.

No surprise then that he suddenly appears again a couple of days after the SDS survey results became public.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Or it could mean he out sources to somewhere with better skills, reduces his own overheads allowing him to maximise the return to his shareholders. Meaning if he does need capital going forward he would have no problem raising it???

There is nothing wrong in making money!
    Depends how it's made I suppose. And for as long as maximising shareholder dividend remains the only legal obligation companies have, their staff - those who do the work and make the profits - will have their terms and conditions eroded. Not that I'm suggesting the company mentioned in this thread acts immorally, it's a wider point. It would be nice if working people could get their share of the money made.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Depends how it's made I suppose. And for as long as maximising shareholder dividend remains the only legal obligation companies have, their staff - those who do the work and make the profits - will have their terms and conditions eroded. Not that I'm suggesting the company mentioned in this thread acts immorally, it's a wider point. It would be nice if working people could get their share of the money made.
    I take your point, and I do believe if you treat staff with respect, pay them fairly, invest in their development and offer opportunities when available the company will reap the rewards. Although I still think people should earn their wages and not think they are entitled to them.

Let's not drag this into a political debate. Up the Tories! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    i take your point, and i do believe if you treat staff with respect, pay them fairly, invest in their development and offer opportunities when available the company will reap the rewards. Although i still think people should earn their wages and not think they are entitled to them.

Let's not drag this into a political debate. up the tories! ;)
    ltyf :-D

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Ouch!.......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    £12m turnover last accounts (December 2012), made a profit, paid a dividend.

First Team Breakthrough Persevere80's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    That's him. £1m up front and £20k a month IIRC. He's going to have to come up with a lot more than that to have a credible bid.

No surprise then that he suddenly appears again a couple of days after the SDS survey results became public.
    20k sounds right bm.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    My boss told me once that one complaint counts as 10 that never come forward with a complaint

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Yep, the one that got pelters for coming on here and offering a fund of a Million Pounds towards a takeover.

I vouched for him but refused to give his name....so I got pelters as well!!!

Can I just say to all those that doubted the guy, particularly those that were a bit cheeky to me...

GIRUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globals identity was about the worst kept secret on here.

I'm as cynical about his bid today as I was when he 'launched' it by posting on here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Yep, the one that got pelters for coming on here and offering a fund of a Million Pounds towards a takeover.

I vouched for him but refused to give his name....so I got pelters as well!!!

Can I just say to all those that doubted the guy, particularly those that were a bit cheeky to me...

GIRUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a big difference between being mentioned in a small side article in one newspaper and having a credible bid/plan to buy the club.

I'd hang off on the GIRUYs for a wee while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'm as cynical about his bid today as I was when he 'launched' it by posting on here.

I think his intentions on here were honourable, he was basically testing the waters by getting the feelings of a large group of the support, since then we've been relegated and a number of fan groups have arisen wanting some sort of supporter led takeover. It looks to me like he's seen the opportunity to now state his intentions and maybe gather all the groups together and make one large group to muster a takeover bid, all that's needed is say 3-4 businessmen with £1m each and the supporters adding the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

TBH, I didn't intend my post to be taken entirely seriously (I've now removed it)

I had a number of questions about the Bid that remain open as well, and I'm not entirely convnced he went the right way about it on here (althogh who knows what would be the best way), but I still think his intentions were good. I do believe he has the best interests of Hibs at heart.

I'd be all in favour of a bid where one or more businessmen put up part of a Bid and the rest came from a large number of Fans willing to buy a small number of shares each. As long as those Fans interests were represented on the Board, I feel that would be a decent way to have a takeover.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 27-09-2014 at 11:13 AM.

I think his intentions on here were honourable, he was basically testing the waters by getting the feelings of a large group of the support, since then we've been relegated and a number of fan groups have arisen wanting some sort of supporter led takeover. It looks to me like he's seen the opportunity to now state his intentions nd maybe gather all the groups together and make one large group to muster a takeover bid, all that's needed is say 3-4 businessmen with £1m each and the supporters adding the rest.
    Don't disagree.

But it's well early for the GIRUYs. I'll remain scpetical of any bid until it's properly presented and appears viable.

At the moment we have surveys, a lot of paper talk, meetings and one failed bid but not a lot else.

I want rid of Petrie and potentially STF as much as the next person but it has to be done properly with the right people. As of now no one has put their money where their mouth is.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years