hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Taking it all too seriously: how much does our current state affect your mood?

It's only a game etc. Aye it is, and of course there are far more important things happening in the world, but the state of the club and team does affect my mood. Of course, this could mean I'm very lucky, as perhaps I haven't had truly serious problems to bother me, but your football team is for life, through good and bad, and to some extent my personal satisfaction (I wouldn't say happiness) with life is tied with Hibs' fortunes. When things are looking good (not often!) everything is a wee bit better, and conversely yet another crisis sends my blood pressure rising. I dread to think what my blood pressure is just now :-D

Yes I sulk after a defeat, and relegation ruined the summer, but I can't imagine not having Hibs about to mess up my weekends. I need that exquisite pain and thrive on the "one day......" optimism.

What about you guys: how much does it all get to you? Does each bad result mean everybody stays out of your way for a few days?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Funny this should come up as I was talking to my mate at work about this earlier on today.

It's hard to try and forget a Hibs loss and enjoy your weekend but I'm now burying our losses at 5pm.

Simply due to fact if you let a defeat ruin your weekend, then bar the odd season, you'll have had hundreds, if not thousands of disappointing weekends since the mid 70s

Bury a loss at 5pm and if we win, enioy it, particularly a trophy as they come along every 15-20 years!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Going to bed with nae dinner has been known after a particularly bad result. Hunger strike is a weapon I use to express extreme displeasure :-D
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

If we lived in the US, a lot of shrinks would become very rich, just from treating Hibs Fans

I get over it pretty quickly. Have also became use to it recently.

Would think if anyone over 16 lets a football team defeat ruin your night/weekend/week ought to have a look at themselve in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's only a game etc. Aye it is, and of course there are far more important things happening in the world, but the state of the club and team does affect my mood. Of course, this could mean I'm very lucky, as perhaps I haven't had truly serious problems to bother me, but your football team is for life, through good and bad, and to some extent my personal satisfaction (I wouldn't say happiness) with life is tied with Hibs' fortunes. When things are looking good (not often!) everything is a wee bit better, and conversely yet another crisis sends my blood pressure rising. I dread to think what my blood pressure is just now :-D

Yes I sulk after a defeat, and relegation ruined the summer, but I can't imagine not having Hibs about to mess up my weekends. I need that exquisite pain and thrive on the "one day......" optimism.

What about you guys: how much does it all get to you? Does each bad result mean everybody stays out of your way for a few days?
    It used to affect me like that too. Not any more to be honest. I guess that should be a worry...

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    If we lived in the US, a lot of shrinks would become very rich, just from treating Hibs Fans

Not to mention Canadian online pharmacies.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    If we get beat i really don't care anymore as i expect it.

Even after the Hamilton home game last season i laughed at how bad we have become.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It used to ruin my night, in fact it could ruin quite a few days if i'm honest. Not so much now, i fully expect not to win these days, and sometimes i dont even know who we are playing or when our next game is.

On the other side of the coin, i dont enjoy wins as much as i used to either.

A win seems to be a nice wee bonus rather than the YAASSS that it used to bring.
    Hopefully it changes cause its a bit tedious following Hibs at the moment.

Don't even check the Scottish Premiership results now too. Without Hibs, Hearts, and Rangers it's a total embarrasment.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I was so passionate,and it was such a big part of my life, that I used to give a Shi'ite, now it bothers me a bit but I have moved into not going to home game at all mode, I don't think I would have reached that low if I was convinced Leeann was running the show as I do like what she is about, but the hand of death is on her shoulder so I am out.

When the latest abysmal result comes through I feel about the same as when we snatch the odd result I wasn't expecting.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I enjoy my sport but im not bothered about winning or losing really. There's more to life.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Pretty much forgotten as soon as I leave the ground, it surfaces again when I have to drag myself to attend the next game, never really want to go but always do hoping for better and then the merry go round starts again.

Have an hours drive home to suck it up, but after that I recover pretty quickly and come on here to bitch and whine about it

I made an oath to myself that I won't let Hibs ruin my weekend any more, so a never renewed.
    That could easily be perceived as being a fair weather fan, I'm not and like countless others there is so much you can take before you say duck this for a laugh. Of course I miss it week in week out but it was making me humpty for the rest of my weekend, found it hard to leave it at ER and you really shouldn't take it home.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I posted a thread along similar lines to this last season where I wrote that I had become immune to defeats such was the regularity of them in recent times. It looks like many are in the same boat now. I still look forward to going to watch Hibs, the only team I'm interested in, and that will always be the case. I enjoy going along and catching up with friends with a couple of pints, and if we win, then I'm delighted and head home with a spring in the step. Lose, and it's disappointment, but by the time I'm home I'm over it.

Having followed hibs for 36 ish years i think the last few have been the worst for me,the passion is always there and i try and not let it get to me when we lose,doesnt always work though !

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Not much for most of the rest of the week, but it ranges from a chapped ring to a boot in the baws for about a half hour after each loss.

Used to really affect my mood but not so bad now.

Can still be a grumpy barsteward for afew hours after a game but generally passes pretty quickly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Thought I'd passed caring after the Hearts game, but Alloa felt like a new low. Can't see the need to let it take hold of life given the dross we've put up with, so I was over the Queens defeat by half time.

We'll all be back at some point. It will be worthwhile.

I don't care much any more. The glory days are unlikely to return so it's not worth the effort. I confess I don't go down to ER so often nowadays either. Having Hearts workmates used to be the biggest motivating factor.

Last edited by SanFranHibs; 26-09-2014 at 08:35 PM.

I thught things could not get any worse but my gif was uploaded as a jpg!!

I should just leave this stuff to Steve

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    This is the sort of thread that should seriously worry the club. Apathy setting in to so many of us after countless boots in the baws

I have learned to deal with defeats, without getting too upset. Although occasionally it still gets to me, especially derbies or self inflicted defeats against the OF.

What I do miss is the pick me up after a really good result. Was buzzing after the Butcher derby win, haven't been since.

First Team Regular West hamBERNIAN's Avatar
    Tbh I think I'm generally just a miserable bass. I could blame that on hibs but I'd be just as bad a real Madrid fan. We are never going to have the success we had in the past due to money (sky tv). At the moment we are taking young players on loan from English premier clubs as big signings. It will only get worse from my point of view. Youth development is the only way forward. It's a gamble in that respect and I can only see us continuing on the path we are on. I don't mean championship football, just inconsistent results year from year. We will never have enough money to dominate the rest out with the old firm. I should note I'm in a good mood right now. 😨 but still I love hibs and always will.

@hibs.net private member
    Relegation killed a lot of feelings for me, still Hibs daft but now not that fussed if I go to a game or not

Get very upset after losses, especially derby games, but Alloa and QOTS really pee'd me off.....Relegation was murder, and I never left house for around a week after that
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron1875 View Post
    A win seems to be a nice wee bonus rather than the YAASSS that it used to bring.
    Hopefully it changes cause its a bit tedious following Hibs at the moment.

Don't even check the Scottish Premiership results now too. Without Hibs, Hearts, and Rangers it's a total embarrasment.
    These are pretty much my sentiments these days. Since relegation my interest in football has dipped to an all-time low. I haven't watched a full match on the telly this season , be it Hibs or any other team. I will sometimes have a game on, but it will be in the background while I spend time on the www...the World Cup was pretty much a non-event, especially while the weather was so good, taking a poor second best to enjoying the fine evenings.

I've been on holiday for the last week, and my only real involvement with the game has been an occasional check on the Griffiths thread. It took a text from a friend after the game on Tuesday to remind me we actually had a game that night.

I seriously don't need the depression that follows the results we've been having the last few months (years?). There's more to what's left of my life than this.

I'm heading onto my balcony with a G&T to shed some tears of frustration, and watch the spectacular electrical storm currently brewing over the Almijara mountains

Quote Originally Posted by TowerHibs View Post
    I get over it pretty quickly. Have also became use to it recently.

Would think if anyone over 16 lets a football team defeat ruin your night/weekend/week ought to have a look at themselve in the mirror.
    You got it in one my man
    You put it perfectly IMHO
    I am 82 and look back on 74 years of a roller coaster ride to end all roller coaster rides supporting Hibs.
    Tend to remeber the "good" times and forget the rubbish
    There are more important things in life , to be honest, although it still hurts a bit to see what has happened in the last few years
    More important is the fact I can still afford a pint on a regular basis