hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Coaching Staff

Are there any Happy Clappers left?

Who think we can still get promoted this season?

Serious question.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Serious question.
    We don't have a hope in Hell of being promoted this season.

At this rate, avoiding the relegation play off will be a bonus.

We will be in this league again next season anyone else who thinks different are deluding themselves. We are a club in transition with a manager who we have to expect is cutting his teeth and will continually have people question his credentials. Not wrong by the way, results have been poor and Stubbs deserves the flack or infact the lack of flack that has come or is yet to come his way.

unacceptable alan and I wouldn't be surprised if your honeymoon period is getting short lived, things need to change and your the man that needs to change things or else........

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Sadly we've all been conditioned into accepting utter cack as being the norm.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Sadly we've all been conditioned into accepting utter cack as being the norm.
    The same with football too.

First Team Regular over the line's Avatar
    Big fat NO! :thumbdown:

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    nope....its got to the stage that i checked the score at half time because im at work, seen that we were losing and didnt give it a second thought until someone else in work asked me "what the ****** is wrong with your team" at about 7 o clock when i guessed that there was no miracle comeback.
    Last edited by MyJo; 20-09-2014 at 10:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    We've got EM and a big shiny stand. I'm a clapping boss, I'm a clapping.
    Maybe not.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I still believe we can win the league, the players just need time, if the fans get off there backs we would be in a much better position, clearly im at the wind up.
    Getting beat from part time players is just not acceptable, totally losing interest to the point that i dont even get annoyed with it all.

I'm sure there will be plenty along soon who think we are all ar#e wholes for thinking that we could be relegated last season, for not entering into the whole relegation party at the pbs, for calling for Butchers head after we were relegated, for us not being happy at recruiting a rookie manager who knows naff all about scottish championship football (lets face it, at the time who did) for sticking by the squad that got us relegated, for not thinking that paying £405 for a season ticket is a bargain. For being unrealistic in thinking we should be able to challenge teams like ICT, Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, Partick Thistle never mind teams like Alloa and QofS.

Yep, we're all ar#e wholes for spending 20+ years following Hibs and spending thousands in the process. Happy clappers???? They really do my nut in at times.

Testimonial Due

Serious question.
    "Peter Douglas" will be along eventually.

At 70 minutes both The Rangers and us were 1 goal down away from home. The Rangers were 3/1 to win, we were 14/1. Just about sums up how poor we are.

They won't go up this year. Maybe next year. Other major clubs have been through this. Dundee anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    "Peter Douglas" will be along eventually.

I do actually think there is a chance of us being promoted but it's going to have to be through the play offs. Top four will give us a chance and even though it will be hard going and will take a turnaround, I still believe it's possible.

Even if we do scrape into contention we will probably face a two legged affair against a Falkirk followed by one against sevco or hearts, followed by one against a poor premier league team.

It's not impossible but I'm not putting money on us getting through that.

Testimonial Due
    There are no happy clappers left - as of 26th May. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get promoted.

But there is precious little sign anyone at Easter Road has a scoobie about how to do it.

I thought Stubb's team would compete for the league and that a few of the players we brought in were improvements. Since Farid's injury things have taken a turn for the worse and I feel like we are spinning our wheels unable to get going. It feels more like a dose of the clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    We will be in this league again next season anyone else who thinks different are deluding themselves. We are a club in transition with a manager who we have to expect is cutting his teeth and will continually have people question his credentials. Not wrong by the way, results have been poor and Stubbs deserves the flack or infact the lack of flack that has come or is yet to come his way.

unacceptable alan and I wouldn't be surprised if your honeymoon period is getting short lived, things need to change and your the man that needs to change things or else........
    That's almost reassuring. On current form we could be in the div below.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I thought Stubb's team would compete for the league and that a few of the players we brought in were improvements. Since Farid's injury things have taken a turn for the worse and I feel like we are spinning our wheels unable to get going. It feels more like a dose of the clappers.
    Last time we went down we had a manager with premier league experience who had the personality and budget to sign latapy, Franck, mixu and zitelli.

now we have an untried u21 manager who has a budget to attract the likes of gray, Kennedy and Allan.

I'm not sure what the answer is but we're out the race for the title already.

Anyone who thinks this squad, under an inexperienced head coach, can get promotion this season is simply burying their head in the sand, and need to stop the wishful thinking.

There is absolutely no evidence, or a sign, that this is even a remote possibility.

Hibs are lucky they've got 6 points on the board. One win came from a flook goal from our goalkeeper, and the other from a 94th minute goal against a part time team at the bottom of the league FFS. Both home games into the bargain. Could easily have been sitting on just 2 points this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    Last time we went down we had a manager with premier league experience who had the personality and budget to sign latapy, Franck, mixu and zitelli.

now we have an untried u21 manager who has a budget to attract the likes of gray, Kennedy and Allan.

3 players who at this level should be more than good enough.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Deep down I didn't believe it at any stage. It's such a tough division this season.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post

We are also out of the list of teams reported on at teamtalk.com. I can't find reports on us at all on that web site now.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    11 emergency loans and we will be fine :)

Ggtth

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    11 emergency loans and we will be fine :)

Ggtth
    "So Leeann, what's your justification for these 11 emergency loan deals, you don't seem to have that many injuries?"

"Well, we have now thoroughly tested a number of our first team players and finally worked out that they aren't actually footballers...."

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    So it doesn't sound like there are enough "happy clappers" to merit setting up a focus group then?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Anyone who thinks this squad, under an inexperienced head coach, can get promotion this season is simply burying their head in the sand, and need to stop the wishful thinking.

There is absolutely no evidence, or a sign, that this is even a remote possibility.

Hibs are lucky they've got 6 points on the board. One win came from a flook goal from our goalkeeper, and the other from a 94th minute goal against a part time team at the bottom of the league FFS. Both home games into the bargain. Could easily have been sitting on just 2 points this morning.
    Sadly I have to agree. A look at the squad tells you how dreadfully poor it is and a raw manager who appears out his depth, a board that don't seem to grasp the desperate situation we are in and a support that have almost thrown the towel in. Grim times for the club.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty along soon who think we are all ar#e wholes for thinking that we could be relegated last season, for not entering into the whole relegation party at the pbs, for calling for Butchers head after we were relegated, for us not being happy at recruiting a rookie manager who knows naff all about scottish championship football (lets face it, at the time who did) for sticking by the squad that got us relegated, for not thinking that paying £405 for a season ticket is a bargain. For being unrealistic in thinking we should be able to challenge teams like ICT, Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, Partick Thistle never mind teams like Alloa and QofS.

Yep, we're all ar#e wholes for spending 20+ years following Hibs and spending thousands in the process. Happy clappers???? They really do my nut in at times.
    Funnily enough it is constant negativity that does my nut in at times. I don't think anybody would disagree we are in a pretty damned bad place, however I am an optimist at heart and still feel we have a chance of reaching theplay offs. Whether we are then good enough to take advantage, I don't know.
    Last edited by Lucius Apuleius; 21-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Sadly I have to agree. A look at the squad tells you how dreadfully poor it is and a raw manager who appears out his depth, a board that don't seem to grasp the desperate situation we are in and a support that have almost thrown the towel in. Grim times for the club.
    Gives me no pleasure to post stuff like that MB, and I'm sure you feel the same too.

I just feel so powerless, frustrated, and angry at the desperate situation our club finds itself in. I wonder if Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie feel the same way this morning? I very much doubt it, and therein lies the problem.

First Team Breakthrough

Serious question.
    There would be a joy in finishing 4th, about 25 points behind Hearts, but then beating them in the play off. Oh, the beautiful irony...

However, at this rate we're more likely to be in the relegation play-off than the promotion one.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    I believe we might well finish in a play-off place. I believe that by the end of the season, we might be gelled enough to have a decent enough chance of doing well in said play-off. I don't believe that we will go up, but I certainly believe that we could.