hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The aim is to win the league

Feel totally betrayed by this statement from LD this team will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league....£405 a season ticket aswell fans taken for a ride once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

The way its going Hearts will finish 25 points clear of us.

It was a misquote. Should have read we aim to win a game.

Im sorta in the same boat im afraid, This season is the first season i have gotten a st for a good 4-5years and well it was a decision i thought about over and over about should i?shouldn't I?
    in the end i agreed to the payment plan and well Im sorry to say its seems to be a regreat now, (cue getting shot down here)

I Feel the least could have done last season was ok this is what we want we want.We wanna win the league or get up first time in asking.I feel we had a chance, very very unlikely now

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The way its going Hearts will finish 25 points clear of us.
    Probably more...remember we still have 3(?) games with them, that's 9 points for them.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

Let's be honest..

The club might have stated that they intended to win the league blah blah blah but that was never going to happen and the board knew it. Instead of taking the fight to the huns and the yams the board simply accepted that winning the league was beyond us and would have been hoping on a play off place. Shameful.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post
    Feel totally betrayed by this statement from LD this team will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league....£405 a season ticket aswell fans taken for a ride once again

At this rate we will be lucky to finish in a play off spot. When they said our ambition to win the league is turning out to be completely hollow.

Dempster would make a great politician as she is a complete liar. The time it took for her to sack Butcher, hire Stubbs and the lack of support and budget she has given him. Pathetic

Actions speak louder than words. Our transfer business proved this to be utter bollocks

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    she was being futuristic, i think she was talking about next seasons campaign(which will still be £22 for the 1st div, or maybe a slight increase), hopefully be back up in the championship for the 2016-2017 season

LD has lied to us, RP has lied to us. Farmer couldn't care less about us.

We were promised quality and not last min signings. That's turned out lies. We were promised winds of change that's turned out lies.

So for me, she can ram her meetings up her jam roll and until this club actually starts to take the football side seriously they won't get a penny from me either. If Hibs are in financial trouble then the idiot owning us should sell to one of the proposed buyers.

@hibs.net private member the_ginger_hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    LD has lied to us, RP has lied to us. Farmer couldn't care less about us.

We were promised quality and not last min signings. That's turned out lies. We were promised winds of change that's turned out lies.

So for me, she can ram her meetings up her jam roll and until this club actually starts to take the football side seriously they won't get a penny from me either. If Hibs are in financial trouble then the idiot owning us should sell to one of the proposed buyers.
    Problem is you have too many folk 'just happy to be here' at these meetings. Happy to mix in those circles and wont even think of stepping out of line.

Don't really agree wholly with BW at the meeting a few weeks back but we need more answers and more standing up for the mugged off supporters. Non-attendance, if organised correctly, would also be effective. But I fear we've too many of the folk described in my first sentence.

Yeah I agree. They still have many willing to keep sailing along aimlessly hoping something happens. We could be playing junior football and some folk would still back this mob. A proper boycott from walk ups is a must.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yeah I agree. They still have many willing to keep sailing along aimlessly hoping something happens. We could be playing junior football and some folk would still back this mob. A proper boycott from walk ups is a must.

i think it's safe to say the walk-up's are already boycotting, and in their thousands as well, last weeks attendance was proof, 7000 free tickets, hibs kids day, and a bit of gratitude showing support for Pat Stanton...and still just 11k, the board can't fool ALL the people, ALL of the time

Quote Originally Posted by the_ginger_hibee View Post
    Problem is you have too many folk 'just happy to be here' at these meetings. Happy to mix in those circles and wont even think of stepping out of line.

Don't really agree wholly with BW at the meeting a few weeks back but we need more answers and more standing up for the mugged off supporters. Non-attendance, if organised correctly, would also be effective. But I fear we've too many of the folk described in my first sentence.
    For a lot of folk non attendance is a last resort TGH ...... don't you dare suggest folk for whom that would be a heart breaking decision are happy clappers, that is a bloody unfair insult to some of the BEST supporters this club has. I have no vested interest in saying that, I don't know a single one of them!

Having said that ..... as every option we use up fails to get the attention of the people who own this club it is beginning to look like the only one left.

EDIT:

I don't know if the folk running the club read these forums ... if they do they should look at my posting history .. when I get round to this way of thinking and it doesn't ring alarm bells they truly are stupid.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 20-09-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i think it's safe to say the walk-up's are already boycotting, and in their thousands as well, last weeks attendance was proof, 7000 free tickets, hibs kids day, and a bit of gratitude showing support for Pat Stanton...and still just 11k, the board can't fool ALL the people, ALL of the time
    That's true, and I'm glad because the sooner these clowns are out the better for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    For a lot of folk non attendance is a last resort TGH ...... don't you dare suggest folk for whom that would be a heart breaking decision are happy clappers, that is a bloody unfair insult to some of the BEST supporters this club has. I have no vested interest in saying that, I don't know a single one of them!

Having said that ..... as every option we use up fails to get the attention of the people who own this club it is beginning to look like the only one left.
    What?

I meant boycott of meetings?! I don't think boycott of a game would ever really be possible or fulfilled. Would also hit the Hibs pocket too which is counter-productive.
    Last edited by the_ginger_hibee; 20-09-2014 at 05:04 PM.

First Team Regular
    How can anyone still have faith in LD, she has done nothing to sort out our problems. IMO all she has done has hired masses of backroom people and asked fans to fill out questionnaires.

not good enough.

rookie manager cutting his teeth here, im sure he will go on to better things, shame his mistakes are gonna keep us down in the 1st division for awhile

What?

I meant boycott of meetings?! I don't think boycott of a game would ever really be possible or fulfilled. Would also hit the Hibs pocket too which is counter-productive.
    I stand corrected ....... As for hitting Hibs in the pocket ... the way its going we will soon be down to a couple of hundred walk ups with the rest ST holders. A boycott of one game at that point wont be much of a financial hit IMO.

I never want to hit Hibs financially ... but as it stands a crowd of 1000 at the next home game would certainly make a point. Which will be ignored I've no doubt by our owner and chairman who have proved so adept at that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithTheHibby View Post
    The club might have stated that they intended to win the league blah blah blah but that was never going to happen and the board knew it. Instead of taking the fight to the huns and the yams the board simply accepted that winning the league was beyond us and would have been hoping on a play off place. Shameful.
    Patently obvious half way through the summer that statement was fiction (at best) or a blatant lie (at worst). What's more shocking is that so many on this board bought into that fairy story, shouting down anyone who dare say otherwise.

@hibs.net private member
    As time goes by this looks more and more like a cynical lie. When the season started we were nowhere near ready but you thought we could still get some game changing signings in the door. As the transfer window slammed shut the air resounded with the question "who?" as a series of unknown loanees were announced, but you thought give them a chance - maybe Stubbs has id'd some diamonds in the dust.

Now as the season rolls on amid defeat after embarassing defeat you just have to conclude that there was never any intention of challenging for the title and that the decision to charge SPL prices is nothing short of fraudulent. The players in the team should be hiding their faces in shame - but not nearly so much as Dempster and co who as budget setters have ultimate responsibility for the pathetic shambles we are witnessing unfold before our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I stand corrected ....... As for hitting Hibs in the pocket ... the way its going we will soon be down to a couple of hundred walk ups with the rest ST holders. A boycott of one game at that point wont be much of a financial hit IMO.

I never want to hit Hibs financially ... but as it stands a crowd of 1000 at the next home game would certainly make a point. Which will be ignored I've no doubt by our owner and chairman who have proved so adept at that in the past.
    I agree.

As I said, not sure if boycott is even possible. A lot of supporters, will rightly, feel like not supporting the club at games does nobody any favours and won't subscribe to it. As a STH myself I'm not sure if I'd be up for a full game protest. A walk-out, a late walk-in, something along those lines - would be a good sign of solidarity/protest and a less damaging way for us all to conduct ourselves.

I'm just sick of our team in turmoil, feels like it's been constant for years now...probably because it has right enough

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalkeith Hibee View Post
    Dempster would make a great politician as she is a complete liar. The time it took for her to sack Butcher, hire Stubbs and the lack of support and budget she has given him. Pathetic
    Tell you what LD **** yer survey how's about getting this club back to where it belongs ffs!!!! It could be a long long time for us to get back and by that time the support will have dwindled. I know let's spend some f***** money and get some debt it seems to have worked for our neighbours

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds green View Post

Its the fans aim to win the league. It's the clubs aim to make idiots of us by charging premier prices whilst playing east of Scotland football.

We've all been hoodwinked.

What?

Maybe it's time to hit Farmer in the pocket then. Because we keep pumping money into the club and get nothing in return. Force him to play his hand and sell up.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I agree.

As I said, not sure if boycott is even possible. A lot of supporters, will rightly, feel like not supporting the club at games does nobody any favours and won't subscribe to it. As a STH myself I'm not sure if I'd be up for a full game protest. A walk-out, a late walk-in, something along those lines - would be a good sign of solidarity/protest and a less damaging way for us all to conduct ourselves.

I'm just sick of our team in turmoil, feels like it's been constant for years now...probably because it has right enough
    I understand that people want to support the club - financially and vocally - but I honestly don't think a single game boycott would do that much damage. It's purpose would be to send a message more than anything else.

If not a boycott then an organized protest whereby the fans chant a message to the board from start through finish. Again, a single game event.

If that doesn't work, new measures need to be sought out.

We are down here for two seasons, I suspect that was always the real plan anyway, the unrealistic prediction was only a cover up,and I don't think any of us believed her anyway,bottom half of the table for me 7th place

Quote Originally Posted by erskine-hibby View Post
    It was a misquote. Should have read we aim to win a game.

The lads that have stated that there are still far too many players left over from last season are right, what part of the word CLEAROUT do Hibs not understand. Petrie hanging-about like a bad smell, is not helping matters either IMO.