hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heff

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic

Heff

Think that's it for him now. Waste of wages. Surprised he wasn't punted!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think that's it for him now. Waste of wages. Surprised he wasn't punted!
    The guy just doesn't score. We can't keep persisting with him anymore, the legs are away. Malonga and Cummings up top has to be the way forward!

I just deleted a thread about Heff because I thought it was maybe a bit personal but, aye, you're right.

I really don't see any point in playing this guy at all. He offers nothing in attack, which is a bit dissapointing for a Striker.

I think him and Craig will be gone in the new year.

Fenlon signed a few absolute huddies but Heffernan is probably the worst IMHO.
    Last edited by Beefster; 13-09-2014 at 04:28 PM.

He can't run, he can't shoot, he can't header, he can't score!

Mmm who will start next week?? If it's Heff then Stubbs is a clown. If not then Stubbs is doing his job!

The defence of Heffernan would be he gets **** all service. Unless yer Griffiths, good luck in that team.

Testimonial Due
    He should have been told in no uncertain terms to accept St J offer or he was training with the kids. We obviously wanted rid by letting him speak to them, too soft as per.

I'm sure Craig and Robertson would have had options if they'd "got the message" they were not wanted. Their wages would be far better utilised.
    Last edited by DC_Hibs; 13-09-2014 at 04:28 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Ive nothing against Heffernan, but it was a bizarre decision by Stubbs to play him upfront on his own. He doesnt score goals, and from what Ive seen, offers nothing else to the team. He could have picked any of the other guys on the bench, so as I say, Ive no idea what Stubbs was thinking. With the options we have going forward, I dont really see any reason to pick Heffernan any more.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought he'd score a few in this league TBH. Maybe he just needs one and the floodgates might open?

But I agree with some of the above, he offers nothing atm. I like him, but he needs to get his act together.

He's humpty.

I was screaming for him to get a game but it looks increasingly like that was one of Butchers few good decisions.

I really hope we can find takers for the likes of him and Robertson in January. Injuries have obviously had an effect anf they are shadows of the players they maybe once were. I reckon I could give both of them a run for their money over 100 yards

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Gardening leave.

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    I think him and Craig will be gone in the new year.
    Can only hope. Nothing against heff he just doesn't have it anymore. The quicker Craig is gone the better.

Are you kidding ! He is up front on his own he did everything he was given the opertunity to do held ball up well brought players into game ONE man on his own is Stubbs fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He's humpty.

I was screaming for him to get a game but it looks increasingly like that was one of Butchers few good decisions.

I really hope we can find takers for the likes of him and Robertson in January. Injuries have obviously had an effect anf they are shadows of the players they maybe once were. I reckon I could give both of them a run for their money over 100 yards
    I will put 100 quid on both off them to beat you by at least 5 yards

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Did he even touch the ball today?

Yes what game did you go to ?

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    Are you kidding ! He is up front on his own he did everything he was given the opertunity to do held ball up well brought players into game ONE man on his own is Stubbs fault

I agree Stubbs got it wrong but Heff didn't run the channels, didn't play on the shoulder of PT defenders, he didn't demand the ball to his feet, he didn't bring the 5 midfielders into the game.

It was lousy amateurish performance, a player who looks a shadow of what he was.

There is no time or patience for passengers this season, big up or pxxx off.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He must be a dream for a defender to mark. He's not fast enough to be you for pace, not good enough in the air to win headers against you, not strong enough to hold you off to hold the ball, never going to drag you out of position looking for the ball and his 1st touch is always going to give you a chance to beat him to the ball.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Like Kuqi he used to be a striker, we signed him at the wrong time, now its a pension being supplemented at our expense sadly - we need a severance and a quick goodbye - how much would it cost and how many fans would chip in to help? Either that or ride it out Hibs but just don't play him?

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Heff or Welbeck, thats the question?

I will put 100 quid on both off them to beat you by at least 5 yards

Hiya Paul. Hiya pal.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hiya Paul. Hiya pal.
    Lol

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    He must be a dream for a defender to mark. He's not fast enough to be you for pace, not good enough in the air to win headers against you, not strong enough to hold you off to hold the ball, never going to drag you out of position looking for the ball and his 1st touch is always going to give you a chance to beat him to the ball.
    The part you mention in bold is unfair based on today's performance - he did all those things well in the first half.

Having said that it should be an easy decision to play Malonga and Cummings next week.

Agreed. Heff did nothing wrong today. Service to him was non existent. He laid off some nice balls today. No goalscoring opporunities at all. Some harsh comments on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Agreed. Heff did nothing wrong today. Service to him was non existent. He laid off some nice balls today. No goalscoring opporunities at all. Some harsh comments on this thread.
    At last someone who watches the game

First Team Breakthrough
    Not a fan, been told on here last season that I must go to different games to them when I called out Heffernan for being lazy, slow, lethargic and just generally the least dangerous looking forward I've even seen play. He's not improved any this season either from what I've seen, he looks like he's been phoned about half an hour before the game and asked to fire along to help out as only 10 have turned up.

If you were a CH would you be scared to play against him?

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Was surprised to see him starting today to be honest ..I would have preferred to start a more mobile forward such as Cummings ...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    At last someone who watches the game

You are probably right, I wasn't there, just had texts from my mate who was so fair play - With Hefff I just wanted an out and striker with a great goal scoring record to do just that for us - its not happening and he should be the guy on the end of the good touches, hold up play etc, not the one doing it(?) Arguably a Hibs problem since everyone who had the whiff of a forward role at Hibs recently and left features most Saturdays as a score, today being yet another example.

Cummings, Malonga for the foreseeable and Farid in the mix when he is fit will do me in this league.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by too_many_djs View Post
    Ive nothing against Heffernan, but it was a bizarre decision by Stubbs to play him upfront on his own. He doesnt score goals, and from what Ive seen, offers nothing else to the team. He could have picked any of the other guys on the bench, so as I say, Ive no idea what Stubbs was thinking. With the options we have going forward, I dont really see any reason to pick Heffernan any more.
    One of our biggest problems last season was that we nobody who could play up front on their own - Heff was one of them and he still can't so I agree that it was a bizarre decision.

I think he does offer something - he has a decent touch and can be quite handy at dropping off and making short passes, bringing others into the game etc. It's simply not enough though - if we are remotely serious about doing something in this league you need much, much more than that. Or play him up there with someone else.