hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Forums

Fans Forums

I really enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. I also like to have a wee look across the road now and again to see what they are talking about on kickback. I try to keep an open mind on this forum and actually find a lot of people's opinions interesting even if I don't agree with them. I enjoy a bit of banter with my hearts mates and others who support the rangers and Sellik... It takes a lot to anger me but this morning whilst having a wee read through kickback I was taken aback by one post in particular. There is no bad language used and it's very short. Obviously the poster is an ignorant so and so and in my opinion this kind of "banter" we can do without.... Anyway. Step forward LeBron James, as he calls himself. I quote.... "Hibs trying to beat us is like trying to battle Cancer."

Some may think nothing of this but it is the kind of ignorant, vile, disgusting post I detest. And I'm sure some of his own will think exactly the same. I would love to take this guy on a wee visit to a cancer ward to let him see the devestation this disease causes to patients and there families..... Sorry for the rant but this small post really wound me up. Off to walk the dog......

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Really idiotic thing to say. I hope he has the decency to retract and apologise for it. He obviously has no personal experience as to how devestating cancer can be to patients and their families.

I've seen the phrase, referring to our current board, described as 'the cancer of the club'

personally, I don't appreciate that either..

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instance

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Is this topic really about fans forums? Or a vocal minitory that will exist wherever you go on the internet?
    thank god for our admins who the best job they can to keep thinks in line.
    But really to take something that's said over there that would likely not be tolerated over here and give it further oxygen perplexes me...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Imo it's the end of football banter in Edinburgh anyway. In my experience the last few months you can't have banter with them anymore. So i dont.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen the phrase, referring to our current board, described as 'the cancer of the club'

personally, I don't appreciate that either..

there's always a better term of phrase that works - bawbags, for instance
    I agree. It's used way too lightly.

Mikey, you get nutters on every Forum. I wouldn't judge all Hearts Fans on an ill-judged comment from one of them.

I've read some pretty ugly comments on here as well but fortunately our Admins enforce a bit better standards than some other Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Mikey, you get nutters on every Forum. I wouldn't judge all Hearts Fans on an ill-judged comment from one of them.

I've read some pretty ugly comments on here as well but fortunately our Admins enforce a bit better standards than some other Forums.

Never venture over on that site anymore as it really is full of arrogant, bigotted dregs of society. I recall a few years ago, there was a thread on there about Zemmama (who was playing for us at the time) and there were posters using very blatant, vile racism towards him - I don't want to go into to much detail because it really was pretty disturbing but calling him a terrorist etc. because he's muslim for example. This went on for ages, no admin closing the thread or even warning them to stop. Really disgusting but sadly not out of character for a lot of them. I Know many decent jambos out there that would find this disgusting but they certainly do have a large, very sinister element in their support.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Is this topic really about fans forums? Or a vocal minitory that will exist wherever you go on the internet?
    thank god for our admins who the best job they can to keep thinks in line.
    But really to take something that's said over there that would likely not be tolerated over here and give it further oxygen perplexes me...

I would suggest it's football forums in general. I agree with you that our admins do a good job, however I have read some brutal stuff on here as well. I am not easily offended but with something like this being close to my heart I did on this occasion. If this " perplexes" you then I'm afraid that's your problem. Maybe better I not say anything and let twats like him say what they like without highlighting there ignorance??

First Team Breakthrough marti1875's Avatar
    It's a wee bit strange maybe but it doesn't really overly bother me.

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
    Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other

Quote Originally Posted by marti1875 View Post
    It's a wee bit strange maybe but it doesn't really overly bother me.

I have terminal cancer and when i do see comments like that i have more like one of those facepalm, shake the head, big sigh type of reactions rather than anger or offence or anything like that.

I think most of the time people use that sort of term they have not really thought about it whatsoever, you know, not engaged brain out of neutral before posting type of scenarios.
    Maybe if it was brought to their attention they would see and understand how it's not exactly in the best taste......but yet again, maybe not...especially if it's from that lot over there as most have no brains to engage in the first place so it would go right in one ear and out the other

Spot on.... Engage the brain before opening there gobs (or typing in this case). I think certain football fans, of all clubs, think they have some god given right to shout, say, type what they like and put it down to numerous things. "I've paid so can say what I want" being a favourite. Forums give them anonymity and they become deliberately offensive thinking they're funny. Regarding your Terminal cancer I truly don't know what to say so I will just give you a wee thumbs up in support of you...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I would suggest it's football forums in general. I agree with you that our admins do a good job, however I have read some brutal stuff on here as well. I am not easily offended but with something like this being close to my heart I did on this occasion. If this " perplexes" you then I'm afraid that's your problem. Maybe better I not say anything and let twats like him say what they like without highlighting there ignorance??
    Dude - you went over to the dark side. I presume you've not flagged the issue over there?For avoidance of doubt what "perplexes" me is how you can be outraged by something that's not even with the realm of this forum (and so nothing can be done about it) but then you spread the very thing over here. We know the yams are by and large ignoranct some of the worst are on kickback - let them and their comments stay there IMO.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

I've stopped going on that site. It's filled with absolute hate and aging men who are the lowest of the low. I know 3 of them who post and they are fat smelly men with the bright red face (typical hearts fan) they actually disgust me the comments they use against us. Sadly met them through work!

Just stay off it mate you will feel better for it. The guy I.J I think is right up there being the biggest roaster. He looks in here yet denies it "Hiya I.J" tries to be funny on every thread and has about 6 guys who think he's hilarious.

Even my jambo mates avoid that site and said he's a lanky streak of piss who knows nothing about football never mind their own club. Kickback is filled with spotty nerds, old creepy men and folk who never attend games!

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Kickback is filled with spotty nerds, old creepy men and folk who never attend games!
    ....sounds familiar!

Dude - you went over to the dark side. I presume you've not flagged the issue over there?For avoidance of doubt what "perplexes" me is how you can be outraged by something that's not even with the realm of this forum (and so nothing can be done about it) but then you spread the very thing over here. We know the yams are by and large ignoranct some of the worst are on kickback - let them and their comments stay there IMO.

Loads of people will be outraged with things outwith the realm of this forum. I was just venting about something that pissed me off that's all man. Certainly not having a go at you. And I would never flag it up over there!!! Hopefully one of the more intelligent yams will do that.... If they exist!!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Craigieboy is so obesssed about Hibs
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Loads of people will be outraged with things outwith the realm of this forum. I was just venting about something that pissed me off that's all man. Certainly not having a go at you. And I would never flag it up over there!!! Hopefully one of the more intelligent yams will do that.... If they exist!!
    Fair enough and you've said is an issue close to you - at the end of the day they are "twunts" tho ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    I'm sure that's the guy that adds 'comments' to the Evening News as well, or he certainly used to.

Fair enough and you've said is an issue close to you - at the end of the day they are "twunts" tho ;)

I dunno no what a twunt is.... But they are!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Don't give him the satisfaction of mentioning his name over here. He'll be having wet dreams tonight about it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I really enjoy reading and contributing to this forum. I also like to have a wee look across the road now and again to see what they are talking about on kickback. I try to keep an open mind on this forum and actually find a lot of people's opinions interesting even if I don't agree with them. I enjoy a bit of banter with my hearts mates and others who support the rangers and Sellik... It takes a lot to anger me but this morning whilst having a wee read through kickback I was taken aback by one post in particular. There is no bad language used and it's very short. Obviously the poster is an ignorant so and so and in my opinion this kind of "banter" we can do without.... Anyway. Step forward LeBron James, as he calls himself. I quote.... "Hibs trying to beat us is like trying to battle Cancer."

Some may think nothing of this but it is the kind of ignorant, vile, disgusting post I detest. And I'm sure some of his own will think exactly the same. I would love to take this guy on a wee visit to a cancer ward to let him see the devestation this disease causes to patients and there families..... Sorry for the rant but this small post really wound me up. Off to walk the dog......

Got a link to thread?

I dunno no what a twunt is.... But they are!!!!
    Its like a synergy of sweariness ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSeven View Post

Never venture over on that site anymore as it really is full of arrogant, bigotted dregs of society. I recall a few years ago, there was a thread on there about Zemmama (who was playing for us at the time) and there were posters using very blatant, vile racism towards him - I don't want to go into to much detail because it really was pretty disturbing but calling him a terrorist etc. because he's muslim for example. This went on for ages, no admin closing the thread or even warning them to stop. Really disgusting but sadly not out of character for a lot of them. I Know many decent jambos out there that would find this disgusting but they certainly do have a large, very sinister element in their support.
    And it's that large element within their support that makes me detest them so much. Just like the wee Nazi who got caught on camera recently. He was just one of a large group of them.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    And it's that large element within their support that makes me detest them so much. Just like the wee Nazi who got caught on camera recently. He was just one of a large group of them.
    What ever happened to him? Did he have his day in court or was it a slap on the wrist and sweep under the carpet?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The is a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why the majority of them slaver the same pish,it's in their genes, hence why they love incest a game all of their families can play!

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a reflection on how well run this site is that we don't get exposed to that sort of poison. Some stuff on other forums I find scary. KB seems to have succeeded to some really disturbing posters.

On another related issue, I recently had a look across at the bounce, there was a thread about.net being locked down during transfer deadline evening, some of the comments about our forum were shall I say less than complimentary, is there bad blood between the two forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    On another related issue, I recently had a look across at the bounce, there was a thread about.net being locked down during transfer deadline evening, some of the comments about our forum were shall I say less than complimentary, is there bad blood between the two forums?
    Not as far as the Admin team here are concerned. Plenty of us post on both sites, we're lucky to have a choice of hibs related vibe to enjoy.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not as far as the Admin team here are concerned. Plenty of us post on both sites, we're lucky to have a choice of hibs related vibe to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Got a link to thread?

Sorry mate. Dunno how to do it. It's on the "Worst jobs in football" thread. Poster named LeBron James.