hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hibs TV

@hibs.net private member Berwickhibby's Avatar

Hibs TV

Does any overseas subscribers know if the live streaming of matches from Hibs TV start this weekend with the Cowdenbeath game. Nothing on the official website.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have heard nothing so far. However the Club have promised that the live streaming will start in September so it really MUST be on.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    It better start this weekend after I spent the full whack on the annual subscription only to be let down with the news after I signed that it wouldn't start until September.

If it starts this weekend and is new and much improved I'll forget about not having it ready for the start of the season, and be a very happy fan to be back watching Hibs!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I hope they get things up and running soon but it will be worth the wait if it results in an improved streaming service. I will miss Beuzelin though who added a nice ambience to the commentary.

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    Bad news I'm afraid, just had it confirmed this weeks game is audio only. They expect to have video for the home game after Saturday.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Big90inOz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad news I'm afraid, just had it confirmed this weeks game is audio only. They expect to have video for the home game after Saturday.
    I will be very unimpressed if this is correct, I got an email from Andrew Sleight stating that the live streaming will be up and running for Cowdenbeath game. I purchased the annual package on the strength of that email. Hopefully some clarity will be provided by the club, or is it another case of taking our money and shafting the fans.

First Team Breakthrough
    Shambles of a service.

Gamer IDs

That better bloody not be true! Yet another 'should be next week' line! I signed up for this service in full before the season even began!!

@hibs.net private member Big90inOz's Avatar
    I'm only passing on the contents of a reply I received from the club today. I was hoping and expecting the service to be up and running for Saturday.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,therefore, is not an act but a habit.

I'm only passing on the contents of a reply I received from the club today. I was hoping and expecting the service to be up and running for Saturday.
    Nobody is having a go at you Big90inOz, but once again the lack of communication and incorrect information coming out the club shows the disregard that they have for the fans..... We pay our money for a service but to date we have received nothing. We have had no streaming of first three home games already this season and although promised it appears that they are going to fail to to stream the Cowdenbeath game.

I have again emailed Andrew Sleight trying to find out what is happening...... the silence is deafening

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Well thats pretty crap if so.

By the time its up and running, with 'teething problems' sorted- we will be in season 2 of championship!

Glad i only purchased monthly sub initially

Id be mightily pissed if i bought a yearly subscription

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fully expect a written explanation as to why if this information is correct. I am now grinding my teeth and hoping that is not true.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    It is disappointing that the club has not sent an email to all the hibs tv subscribers to keep them informed.

Gamer IDs

I thought they done well by saying the service would be up by 'September'

the first home game is basically mid September

They next home game seems to be Raith on 4th OCTOBER.

Bravo Hibs

If this turns out to be false info - then really - BRAVO Hibs!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    This is frustrating, but what would be more frustrating is to have the next game streamed badly.the video set up needs to be fixed once and for all and I would rather they do that than be back to what wash served up last season. Having said that, it shouldn't take weeks to get this done and I wonder if the budget request for new video gear is lying in Petrie's inbox underneath the proposal for a January move for Griffiths.

Come on everyone, there's been lots happening at ER this summer- give them a break. We'll get the overseas service back soon.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    anyone received any sort of apology for the loss of coverage for the Dumbarton cup game or do they not have to give any explanations...take yer dosh but they can't guarantee anything for it

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pray4Marc View Post
    Shambles of a service.

spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    Come on everyone, there's been lots happening at ER this summer- give them a break. We'll get the overseas service back soon.
    Sorry Swedish hibee but soon is not good enough, the service should have been up and running for the first home game of the season. We were informed by the Club that the service will start September for the Cowdenbeath game. Now through a Hibs.net member we discover that no live streaming will be provided. Once again we the fans are treated shabbily.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Berwickhibby View Post
    Sorry Swedish hibee but soon is not good enough, the service should have been up and running for the first home game of the season. We were informed by the Club that the service will start September for the Cowdenbeath game. Now through a Hibs.net member we discover that no live streaming will be provided. Once again we the fans are treated shabbily.

Plus Swedish Hibee - some people have already paid 90GBP for the yearly subs - only then to be told later that the home games wont be LIVE until Sept14

Now that might be October.

Thats a shambles.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Daft question (probably)

Can you get the live streams, when they work, if your in England?

Cheers in advance

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance
    Live streams through Hibs website is for overseas only (outwith the UK)

Nope Stu, you have to be abroad.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance
    If it's a Yes vote on 18th, maybe.

Seriously though, you have to be outside the uk/ireland to get video. You can get audio though.

Bit disappointed that there's been no communication from the club about what's happening tbh. I have always been a big defender of HTV on here, and I still think that the new HQ stream service will be worth it in the end, but an e-mail or two to keep folk informed isn't much to expect, especially as many of us have paid £90 up front for the season.

Plus Swedish Hibee - some people have already paid 90GBP for the yearly subs - only then to be told later that the home games wont be LIVE until Sept14

Thats a shambles.[/QUOTE]

My name gives it away where I am in the world and I too am waiting for the service to start as I have PAID my money too. Your not the only one!
    All I said was give them a break, we're gonna disagree but I think the service Hibs TV give us is a good one and I can wait for the same great quality again.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post

Thats a shambles.

My name gives it away where I am in the world and I too am waiting for the service to start as I have PAID my money too. Your not the only one!
    All I said was give them a break, we're gonna disagree but I think the service Hibs TV give us is a good one and I can wait for the same great quality again.[/QUOTE]

At the moment, we are getting no service

I agree, and ive been a staunch defender of the service previously (even when its been pretty poor)

But right now, we have nothing - and people have paid there money

Ontop of that, it appears more delays

2 months into the season to get something up and running (after taking money for it) is pretty slack

Id say, if it were any other business, you'd be fuming

I admire the patience of SH but I'm afraid that I do not share it. The plain fact is that the club have dragged their feet continually over this "service". I really believe that it could have been put on a decent footing a couple of seasons ago had the right people been delegated to provide the service.

However, I have paid my ninety pounds and for it. Hibs know that there is nothing that we ex-pats can do and they treat us as though we did not exist. We have been provided with a audio commentary which is worse than useless. (Not you Cliff)

Who is in charge? What is happening? Do we have to get the bad news second hand? Is there anything that we as committed Hibs supporters can do to sort out the problems?

Hello !!!! Is there anybody out there ?????

The silence is a joke, not a word from the club and they are taking cash quite happily. Last season I signed up for the Xtra season ticket and Hibs Int annual but decided to go monthly this season due to travel, being back in Edin over Xmas so can go to the games etc. Paid for Aug before knowing there would be no visual coverage but decided just to let that one slide. I was under the assumption I would need to register again for Sept if I wanted it. However I just had an email receipt thru on email for September without me signing up for it, in fact I haven't even been on the website since the derby.. Are they only offering an annual package with the option of paying in one lump sum or monthly? Did I read the options incorrectly. Either way, I think I'll ask for a refund if there are no live games.

Gamer IDs

I've just sent a very angry, to the point, email to Andrew explaining how unacceptable this whole situation is.

Taking money off people and not producing what was promised is one thing, but to then have zero communication on the matter is another!

I was told word for word when I signed up - 'ALL home games will be shown live, with a lot of away games also.'

I let Augusts, not having it ready for the new season, go. However when they promised that it will be 'back in action in September and much improved' and that now AGAIN isn't the case, all with a serve lack of communication on top, the situation has made me absolutely fuming!!

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Daft question (probably)

Cheers in advance
    It's not really that daft a question and the answer is actually Yes you could, however you would have be be a little bit "computer savy" by that I mean you would have to use Proxy Servers / VPN to make it look like your comupter is in another country then sign up. I'm guessing like most of these things will use IP address regcognition to know where you are.

So by using a service that allows your IP address to "move" then you would be able to watch it wherever.

That's not taking into account any legal issues though.